Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 733

post #10981 of 14866

The EF-6 is attractive as well.

post #10982 of 14866
Good I am sure it will be great. Please post your thoughts when you get them.
post #10983 of 14866
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Good I am sure it will be great. Please post your thoughts when you get them.

Will do, thank you :beerchug:. I briefly read that you are currently using the M8 if Im not mistaken? Are you happy with it?

 

Btw, if thats youre car, I hate you :o


Edited by DarKen23 - 12/25/13 at 4:37pm
post #10984 of 14866
And you ask how happy ?

M8 = $2k. Woo WA5 = $ 6k. And they both sound great with them. But if you want to where them around you neck and blast them get the woo. But all joking aside they are both very good with them and the M8 is also a dam good preamp too. But if you go that route it's the M9 now even louder by the specs.

Al. D
post #10985 of 14866
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

And you ask how happy ?

M8 = $2k. Woo WA5 = $ 6k. And they both sound great with them. But if you want to where them around you neck and blast them get the woo. But all joking aside they are both very good with them and the M8 is also a dam good preamp too. But if you go that route it's the M9 now even louder by the specs.

Al. D

wa5 = 6k - you mean with parts upgrade?

post #10986 of 14866
Yes all in . And the tubes make a big difference .

Al. D
post #10987 of 14866

Ive been dying to try out the HE-6 with my pioneer a/v receiver.

post #10988 of 14866
They seem to work well with most amps . Just make sure you use some attenuation and the correct resistive load to the outputs . Anywhere from 8 to 16 ohms is fine. Is it a SOLID STATE. Amp or tube ?
post #10989 of 14866

Its a solid state.

post #10990 of 14866
As a start 10 ohm and 2 ohm in series across the output of one channel . Put the headphones across the 2 ohm resister. It will give some attenuation and give the amp about an 8 ohm load. Use 10 watt resisters wire wound.ceramic. . Mouser electronics sells them.

Al. D
post #10991 of 14866
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

As a start 10 ohm and 2 ohm in series across the output of one channel . Put the headphones across the 2 ohm resister. It will give some attenuation and give the amp about an 8 ohm load. Use 10 watt resisters wire wound.ceramic. . Mouser electronics sells them.

Al. D

Interesting, didnt think about that. Thank you kindly for the heads up.

post #10992 of 14866
Read the post on amps for headphones . Some really Brite people here , not saying I M one of them lol. But there is a wealth of info there .

It's long but worth the read , enjoy.

Al. D
post #10993 of 14866

What's the name of Santa Claus' wife?

- Mary Christmas ...

 

:p

post #10994 of 14866
Mrs . Claus Of course.
post #10995 of 14866
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsHP View Post

What's the name of Santa Claus' wife?
- Mary Christmas ...

tongue.gif
Lulz
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone