Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 684

post #10246 of 13985

Quote:

Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

Did you buy the cheap $4 chinese Denon pads, or from some authorized dealer? I can't find the 'real' ones lol

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

 

:thumb: Thanks, Happy Camper. I love it when you and preproman push me off the fence advise me on HE-6 doings. I'm now open to swapping pads :pbut no poodles. May need the weekend to decide which pads - Audez'e vegan or Denon pleather? Where'd y'all get the Denon's??

 

 

I got them from MarkL for $35

 

http://lawtonaudio.com/home.html

post #10247 of 13985

For the first time, I replaced the velour pads with pleather and gave them several hours of listen. I expected a noticeable narrowing in soundstage, as many folks have said, but honestly I couldn't notice much difference in that regard.

 

What I did notice, though, was that pleather had more bass slam and was ever so slightly warmer and more full-sounding than velour. Nevertheless, HE-6 with pleather still sounded a tad brighter than neutral. I think the pleather works out better with more mainstream pop/rock recordings, while velour is the choice for classic or jazz audiophile-grade recordings.

post #10248 of 13985
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkhead View Post
 

I'll have to try the tape - I always end up aligning my Audeze Vegan pads before putting them on - I also find them very comfortable


As I said in an earlier post I am using the Audeze Vegan pads and all you need to do once you have them aligned to where you like them is put a little piece of tape on the outside of the pad to the cup--keeps it from moving around an in position...

 

Jack

post #10249 of 13985
I basically had to buy LCD3's to be able to order spare LCD3 pads.

Now that redefines the word "crazy"
post #10250 of 13985
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhgourami View Post
 

I just ordered some too! Hopefully they get here by Friday. Audeze is only 30 mins away from me.

 

If they sound better than my stock velours, it will the cheapest upgrade I've ever paid for. Sad but true...


As I have said I have tried all the Pads mentioned in these posts and have settled on the VEGAN pads...

 

By far and away for ME at least these are the best all around performer with the HE 6 & comfortable to--

 

I also tried the AUDEZE  LCD 3 pads and I still prefer the Vegans

 

By the way you can now order the LCD 3 Pads without having to own them!!

 

Jack


Edited by jackiedh - 11/14/13 at 8:11am
post #10251 of 13985
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleblanc343 View Post

I basically had to buy LCD3's to be able to order spare LCD3 pads.

Now that redefines the word "crazy"

Lol, yeah that qualifies :tongue_smile: 

post #10252 of 13985
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiedh View Post
 


As I have said I have tried all the Pads mentioned in these posts and have settled on the VEGAN pads...

 

By far and away for ME at least these are the best all around performer with the HE 6 & comfortable to--

 

I also tried the AUDEZE  LCD 3 pads and I still prefer the Vegans

 

By the way you can now order the LCD 3 Pads without having to own them!!

 

Jack

 

:blink: I thought the aforementioned "Vegan" pads mentioned in the thread WERE Audez'e LCD-3 pads. Which Vegan pads are you referring to in your post?

post #10253 of 13985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

 

:blink: I thought the aforementioned "Vegan" pads mentioned in the thread WERE Audez'e LCD-3 pads. Which Vegan pads are you referring to in your post?


LCD-3 pads are the soft mushy leather pads.

 

Vegan pads are velour.

post #10254 of 13985
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhgourami View Post
 


LCD-3 pads are the soft mushy leather pads.

 

Vegan pads are velour.

 

So, the Vegan pads are the velour from HiFiMAN or another brand?

post #10255 of 13985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

 

So, the Vegan pads are the velour from HiFiMAN or another brand?

From Audeze

http://www.audeze.com/products/accessories/earpads

 

Micro-Suede leather free pads in the drop down menu. The name "Vegan" stuck with it for request reasons in the past.


Edited by brunk - 11/14/13 at 11:56am
post #10256 of 13985

I thought everyone was using Vegan pads :ph34r:

post #10257 of 13985
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 
 

From Audeze

http://www.audeze.com/products/accessories/earpads

 

Micro-Suede leather free pads in the drop down menu. The name "Vegan" stuck with it for request reasons in the past.

 

:biggrin: N-o-w... I'm on the same page!

:deadhorse:

 

Thanks for helping me to get right.

post #10258 of 13985
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post
 

 

 

I got them from MarkL for $35

 

http://lawtonaudio.com/home.html

 

Okay, I just bravely ordered Angled pads from Lawton Audio (TH-900). Three weeks to evaluation!

:popcorn:

post #10259 of 13985
Quote:
Originally Posted by songmic View Post
 

For the first time, I replaced the velour pads with pleather and gave them several hours of listen. I expected a noticeable narrowing in soundstage, as many folks have said, but honestly I couldn't notice much difference in that regard.

 

What I did notice, though, was that pleather had more bass slam and was ever so slightly warmer and more full-sounding than velour. Nevertheless, HE-6 with pleather still sounded a tad brighter than neutral. I think the pleather works out better with more mainstream pop/rock recordings, while velour is the choice for classic or jazz audiophile-grade recordings.

 

i like pleathers on the hifimans for electronic music

post #10260 of 13985

How fast does it normally take Audeze to process an order? I want my pads!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone