Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 668

post #10006 of 14907

SO I can imagine. LOL The he6 sounds excellent on the WA5.  I been really enjoying the combo and it is my favorite headphone for transparency .  What Krell are you using?

post #10007 of 14907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

SO I can imagine. LOL The he6 sounds excellent on the WA5.  I been really enjoying the combo and it is my favorite headphone for transparency .  What Krell are you using?

 

For clarity, the Krell combo belongs to ohhgourami, I was simply complimenting him. His system:

 

audio-gd NFB-7.32 > Krell KAV-400xi > HiFiMan HE-6

 

 

 

And me? On the solid state side I have the Sansui G-22000 pushing the HE-6 around with pigtails on the taps. On the tube side, a pair of Shindo Sinhonia F2a monaural blocks for the HE-6 via HE-Adapter. 265 wpc for the former, 40 wpc for the latter.

 

Jack finished drawing up my WA5 monos on paper, I just gotta fund the project now. Maybe in early 2014. The blocks are getting spec'd out :veryevil:with separate Left/Right K1k Outputs. And another surprise or two this spring...


Edited by Silent One - 11/8/13 at 4:49am
post #10008 of 14907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

 

For clarity, the Krell combo belongs to ohhgourami, I was simply complimenting him. His system:

 

audio-gd NFB-7.32 > Krell KAV-400xi > HiFiMan HE-6

 

 

 

And me? On the solid state side I have the Sansui G-22000 pushing the HE-6 around with pigtails on the taps. On the tube side, a pair of Shindo Sinhonia F2a monaural blocks for the HE-6 via HE-Adapter. 265 wpc for the former, 40 wpc for the latter.

 

Jack finished drawing up my WA5 monos on paper, I just gotta fund the project now. Maybe in early 2014. The blocks are getting spec'd out :veryevil:with separate Left/Right K1k Outputs. And another surprise or two this spring...

 

 

This sounds very interesting.  Will you have "one" volume knob for both channels? 

post #10009 of 14907
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

 

This sounds very interesting.  Will you have "one" volume knob for both channels? 

 

Separate knobs, everything left/right mirror config... or half! :tongue_smile: 

 

Basic 300B monos below (my 4-pin L/R K1k Outputs will be in the rear):

 

819404

 

819405 

 

And most importantly, they'll be Black! :veryevil:


Edited by Silent One - 11/8/13 at 5:46am
post #10010 of 14907

Interesting. I will see Jack tomorrow in NY meet.  Fundings always my challenge. LOL

post #10011 of 14907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

Interesting. I will see Jack tomorrow in NY meet.  Fundings always my challenge. LOL

:D Hope he doesn't give-a-way my complete surprise!

post #10012 of 14907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

:D Hope he doesn't give-a-way my complete surprise!

I wont ask him so you will have the opportunity to tell everyone first. I wouldn't want to ruin your surprise buddy.:wink_face:

post #10013 of 14907
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

 

I wont ask him so you will have the opportunity to tell everyone first. I wouldn't want to ruin your surprise buddy.:wink_face:

Be my guest, I'm just funnin'. :ksc75smile:

post #10014 of 14907
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post

@Dubstep Girl
 So how does the HE-6 compare to your other cans, in your opinion?

If i can get an amp that drives them better and can make them sound not as bright, they would be the best headphone i have. The t1 might be better at some things still, but it would be my favorite. Though i havent heard what they can really do. As of now, i have been thinking of just keeping t1 and buying lcd-x, keeping he-500 instead. The bass is by far the favorite thing i like about he-6. Its as close to perfect as i can imagine
post #10015 of 14907

It's sounding like from all the impressions of the LCD-X that:

 

The LCD-3 and LCD-X are more alike compared to the HE-500 and the HE-6..  What do you think? ^^^

post #10016 of 14907
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

It's sounding like from all the impressions of the LCD-X that:

The LCD-3 and LCD-X are more alike compared to the HE-500 and the HE-6..  What do you think? ^^^
Yup. More alike than different.
post #10017 of 14907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post


If i can get an amp that drives them better and can make them sound not as bright, they would be the best headphone i have. The t1 might be better at some things still, but it would be my favorite. Though i havent heard what they can really do. As of now, i have been thinking of just keeping t1 and buying lcd-x, keeping he-500 instead. The bass is by far the favorite thing i like about he-6. Its as close to perfect as i can imagine

Have you taken the HE-6 to some local hifi shops yet?

post #10018 of 14907
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post

Have you taken the HE-6 to some local hifi shops yet?


Nope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhgourami View Post

Yup. More alike than different.

+1
post #10019 of 14907
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

Have you taken the HE-6 to some local hifi shops yet?

 

I plan on taking my HE-6 to more local hifi shops too.

I live in a neighborhood which perhaps has the best hifi shops in Korea.

I'd like to see just high the HE-6 can scale, test its so-called "ceiling." :cool: 

post #10020 of 14907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post


If i can get an amp that drives them better and can make them sound not as bright, they would be the best headphone i have. The t1 might be better at some things still, but it would be my favorite. Though i havent heard what they can really do. As of now, i have been thinking of just keeping t1 and buying lcd-x, keeping he-500 instead. The bass is by far the favorite thing i like about he-6. Its as close to perfect as i can imagine

 

i think the alphapads takes a little off the highs...u might wanna try that. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone