Has anyone tried sonett with D7000（low impedance）？I want to make a choice between master8 and sonett2
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDarkvoice 336SEtagged by System, 9/27/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 6/22/10
- productEtymotic Research HF2 Earphones / Headset (iPhone Compatible) - Blacktagged by System, 7/8/10
- productEtymotic Research HF2 Earphones / Headset (iPhone Compatible) - Rubytagged by System, 7/8/10
- productEtymotic Research HF2 Hands-Free Earphone Headset with Microphone (Cobalt Blue, iPhone Compatible)tagged by System, 7/8/10
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 7/8/10
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 7/8/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/18/11More
- brandSonetttagged by System, 7/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a IEM with these preferences.... Last post on 12/13/10 at 4:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Advice needed. Last post on 11/14/10 at 6:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Problem with IEM's....Earwax.... Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help buying in-ear headset Last post on 9/27/10 at 4:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In ear headset Last post on 9/27/10 at 9:25am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Aune M2 Pro Review Intro : Since the past few years I had kept myself away from trying out any new DAPs or audio gear since I was pretty satisfied with my Fiio X5 (1st gen) and Sansa Clip...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
DNA Sonett Review - Page 43
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #632 of 66111/29/12 at 4:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by vcirelli
Just heard the Sonnet 2 at todays LA meetup. I had my LCD2s with me, so I plugged them in listened to a track from 'In Rainbows' and immediately realized my savings account would be depleted soon.
I listened to the Stratus as well, which is a beautiful piece of gear. Donald mentioned that some of the ideas he had for the Stratus, he had implemented into the Sonnet 2.
I'll be putting my order in.
Since you listened to both the Sonnet and the Stratus, any chance for a comparison? Kind of torn between both.post #633 of 66112/24/12 at 9:21pm
For those of you who have the HF-2, how does the HF-2-Sonett pairing do with female vocals? My one problem with the pico dac/amp combo and HF-2, is that male vocals are terrific but female vocals don't sound quite as euphoric as I would like.post #634 of 6616/25/13 at 4:48pmpost #635 of 6616/25/13 at 5:54pmpost #636 of 6616/26/13 at 7:02pmpost #637 of 6613/28/14 at 1:40pmpost #638 of 6613/28/14 at 3:42pm
Just missed its 3rd birthday. I'll have to celebrate tonight!
I've never heard a Woo amp so I won't make a comment about them. One thing though, the Sonett is not a tubey sounding amp if that's what you're after. In my research before buying the Sonett I did a heck of a lot of reading and it was based on tube and circuit types. Check out this post:
The Sonett costs a considerable amount more than the WA3 does. Might be because of those output transformers...
I use a Schiit Mjolnir all the time. For the sake of comparison let's say it's a flat line with no distortion and no characteristics. It just gets louder. The Sonett has some flavor. Donald is/was calling it "juiciness". It almost makes sense if you kinda go way over to left field and try to describe a few things with a single word. But, the Mjolnir is FAR from juicy. I like the Sonett for that. It's not a drastic difference but one that breathes a little life into my music.
Juicy might be DNA's version of Woo's "Euphonic".
Quite a silly chart in my opinion, when everything is 3 1/2 or 4 stars or better, save the WA3 and WA6 missing a star for one or two things.post #639 of 6613/28/14 at 4:20pm
Thanks - that's great.
I bought the T90s from a another head-fier and instantly fell in love with them. However, some of the music I to which I listen (which admittedly isn't the type where production values are the greatest) was somewhat uncomfortable to listen to (grating high end). And I don't listen that loud. I then purchased a WA3+ from another head-fier for the lushness of the tubes and to tone down the treble of the T90s. It worked - I love this amp. However, the bottom end is a bit soft.
To make matters even worse is that I listen to everything. Punk, Classic Rock, Progressive Rock, Jazz, Classical - there isn't a genre that isn't represented in my 3000+ flac files.
So while I realize that having one rig that does everything well is impossible, I am trying to find a happy medium. The Sonnett my be it. Or maybe an RSA Raptor.post #640 of 6613/28/14 at 4:38pm
See that rather sizable bump on the right? No amp will make that go away.
Include the Audeze LCD 2 and Senn 650 and you can really see the difference.
An amp might not be your ultimate solution.post #641 of 6613/28/14 at 4:51pm
I am not familiar with the HD650s and LCD-2 is out of my price range.
I feel the treble of the T90s are fine with the WA3+. I was looking to tighten the bottom end a bit.
I have done some research and there are tube amps out there that lean toward a more solid-state sound will not sacrificing the inherent characteristics of tubes. The Sonnett is supposed to be one of them. The RSA Raptor is another...post #642 of 6613/28/14 at 5:41pmQuote:
Just one n in Sonett.
I would agree with that description of its sound for the most part.
Tube upgrade path is easy.
Electro Harmonix 6H30 - hair warmer and clearer
Mullard GZ34 - better definition
Reflektor 6H30 - like cleaning a kinda dirty window
~$235 in tubes.
By then you're either content or ready to move onto something else.post #643 of 6613/29/14 at 11:39pm
Just wanted to chime in for the tube rolling. 6H30 only has few tubes- Sovtek 6H30, Electro Harmonix 6H30-PI, and Reflector 6H30-DR. Some of us, myself included, have a positive experience rolling in a 6N6P for the 6H30. It helps add to the low end. The holy grail for GZ24/5AR4 is the Mullard Metal Base.post #644 of 6615/6/14 at 10:14ampost #645 of 66110/27/14 at 1:32pm
Well I joined the Sonett club, was looking for a new work amp, didn't want another Woo and didn't want to go straight SS as I already have the Asgard 2. Plus, I have loved the looks of Donald's amps since I first saw the Stratus photos. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to listen to it yet (waiting on balanced headphone cables) or decide on a final set of headphones.
The Alpha Dogs are fairly efficient for planars (90db) and I know everyone screams "MORE POWER" at the simple mention of planars, but will see how they fair. I personally found the Fostex driver didn't really need that much amp'ing compared to the LCD3's. Outside of the AD's, looking at maybe the Beyer T70's with a custom cable job for balanced. Unfortunately, at work I really need closed back, but may be able to get away with an HD650, not sure yet.
This thread looked like it needed some love, especially since it is the thread that convinced me to buy the Sonett (it was used and a good deal, figured was worth a try).
- DNA Sonett Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 3 seconds ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 18 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 30 seconds ago
- › iFi Launch Competition (Closed) - What the $^&# heck is it? 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-WM1 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 5 minutes ago
- › Ready to move on from HE400S 6 minutes ago
- › Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?! 6 minutes ago
- › Aune M2 32BIT DSD portable music player by Faheem
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...