Has anyone tried sonett with D7000（low impedance）？I want to make a choice between master8 and sonett2
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDarkvoice 336SEtagged by System, 9/27/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 6/22/10
- productEtymotic Research HF2 Earphones / Headset (iPhone Compatible) - Blacktagged by System, 7/8/10
- productEtymotic Research HF2 Earphones / Headset (iPhone Compatible) - Rubytagged by System, 7/8/10
- productEtymotic Research HF2 Hands-Free Earphone Headset with Microphone (Cobalt Blue, iPhone Compatible)tagged by System, 7/8/10
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 7/8/10
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 7/8/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/18/11More
- brandSonetttagged by System, 7/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a IEM with these preferences.... Last post on 12/13/10 at 4:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Advice needed. Last post on 11/14/10 at 6:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Problem with IEM's....Earwax.... Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help buying in-ear headset Last post on 9/27/10 at 4:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In ear headset Last post on 9/27/10 at 9:25am in Headphones (full-size)
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
DNA Sonett Review - Page 43
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just heard the Sonnet 2 at todays LA meetup. I had my LCD2s with me, so I plugged them in listened to a track from 'In Rainbows' and immediately realized my savings account would be depleted soon.
I listened to the Stratus as well, which is a beautiful piece of gear. Donald mentioned that some of the ideas he had for the Stratus, he had implemented into the Sonnet 2.
I'll be putting my order in.
Since you listened to both the Sonnet and the Stratus, any chance for a comparison? Kind of torn between both.
For those of you who have the HF-2, how does the HF-2-Sonett pairing do with female vocals? My one problem with the pico dac/amp combo and HF-2, is that male vocals are terrific but female vocals don't sound quite as euphoric as I would like.
Just missed its 3rd birthday. I'll have to celebrate tonight!
I've never heard a Woo amp so I won't make a comment about them. One thing though, the Sonett is not a tubey sounding amp if that's what you're after. In my research before buying the Sonett I did a heck of a lot of reading and it was based on tube and circuit types. Check out this post:
The Sonett costs a considerable amount more than the WA3 does. Might be because of those output transformers...
I use a Schiit Mjolnir all the time. For the sake of comparison let's say it's a flat line with no distortion and no characteristics. It just gets louder. The Sonett has some flavor. Donald is/was calling it "juiciness". It almost makes sense if you kinda go way over to left field and try to describe a few things with a single word. But, the Mjolnir is FAR from juicy. I like the Sonett for that. It's not a drastic difference but one that breathes a little life into my music.
Juicy might be DNA's version of Woo's "Euphonic".
Quite a silly chart in my opinion, when everything is 3 1/2 or 4 stars or better, save the WA3 and WA6 missing a star for one or two things.
Thanks - that's great.
I bought the T90s from a another head-fier and instantly fell in love with them. However, some of the music I to which I listen (which admittedly isn't the type where production values are the greatest) was somewhat uncomfortable to listen to (grating high end). And I don't listen that loud. I then purchased a WA3+ from another head-fier for the lushness of the tubes and to tone down the treble of the T90s. It worked - I love this amp. However, the bottom end is a bit soft.
To make matters even worse is that I listen to everything. Punk, Classic Rock, Progressive Rock, Jazz, Classical - there isn't a genre that isn't represented in my 3000+ flac files.
So while I realize that having one rig that does everything well is impossible, I am trying to find a happy medium. The Sonnett my be it. Or maybe an RSA Raptor.
See that rather sizable bump on the right? No amp will make that go away.
Include the Audeze LCD 2 and Senn 650 and you can really see the difference.
An amp might not be your ultimate solution.
I am not familiar with the HD650s and LCD-2 is out of my price range.
I feel the treble of the T90s are fine with the WA3+. I was looking to tighten the bottom end a bit.
I have done some research and there are tube amps out there that lean toward a more solid-state sound will not sacrificing the inherent characteristics of tubes. The Sonnett is supposed to be one of them. The RSA Raptor is another...
Just one n in Sonett.
I would agree with that description of its sound for the most part.
Tube upgrade path is easy.
Electro Harmonix 6H30 - hair warmer and clearer
Mullard GZ34 - better definition
Reflektor 6H30 - like cleaning a kinda dirty window
~$235 in tubes.
By then you're either content or ready to move onto something else.
Just wanted to chime in for the tube rolling. 6H30 only has few tubes- Sovtek 6H30, Electro Harmonix 6H30-PI, and Reflector 6H30-DR. Some of us, myself included, have a positive experience rolling in a 6N6P for the 6H30. It helps add to the low end. The holy grail for GZ24/5AR4 is the Mullard Metal Base.
- DNA Sonett Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 Latest Update 07/24/2014 1 minute ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › IEMs ~$200 for Electronic & Folk/Acoustic recommendation 3 minutes ago
- › Well - destroyed my M50 - new headphones 300-350$+ | THIS IS URGENT 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Help with alternative replacement for Beyer DT770 80hm 5 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)