Some good news: Local FA distributor just got their stock of the first batch of Eterna V2 and Omega V2 yesterday and has offered me the chance to give them a review. So I guess the actual review of Eterna v2 will come in a few weeks.
Related Forum Threads
- Where to buy Fischer Audio in Singapore? Last post on 3/31/11 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under 75$ Last post on 2/10/11 at 7:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best boom boom iems under 150?? Last post on 9/21/10 at 3:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Little upgrade on IEMs! best around $100? Last post on 9/6/10 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review and Impressions - Fischer Audio Eterna Rev2 Last post on 10/21/11 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Disclaimer: Bhavneet from Burson Audio offered to send me the Cable+, with no return required, asking me only to post my honest evaluation of its performance when used with the Chromecast...
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - For Your Ears Only - Page 5post #61 of 1955/21/10 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #62 of 1955/21/10 at 7:37pm
Wow......it will indeed be interesting to see how different the actual production Eterna sounds compared to the unit you reviewed.......I'm sure Eterna fans were confused about your findings on the beta unit.post #63 of 1955/21/10 at 10:32pmI can't really speak as I don't listen to any jazz, but I can certainly see what you mean. I can see how something with a sound signature a bit more liquid would help jazz more than something with impact. I don't know if it actually is a problem or not or if it does interfere with the music, but it still comes down mostly to personal preference. If you want a laid back sound, then you know you want a dynamic IEM. If you want a more engaging and intimate sound, you might want armatures. Of course, there are exceptions for each.post #64 of 1955/21/10 at 11:07pm
Hey ClieOS, between the DBA-02 and the Ortofon eq-7, which one do you think have better sq. ?
post #65 of 1955/22/10 at 2:12amQuote:
I'm looking forward to that! I hope this V2 is closer to the sound signature of the V1 than the beta you reviewed.post #66 of 1955/22/10 at 2:51amThread StarterQuote:
Technically I think e-Q7 is slight ahead of DBA-02, but they have very different sound signature which is much more important than pure performance.post #67 of 1955/22/10 at 9:20amQuote:Originally Posted by ethan961
I can't really speak as I don't listen to any jazz, but I can certainly see what you mean. I can see how something with a sound signature a bit more liquid would help jazz more than something with impact. I don't know if it actually is a problem or not or if it does interfere with the music, but it still comes down mostly to personal preference. If you want a laid back sound, then you know you want a dynamic IEM. If you want a more engaging and intimate sound, you might want armatures. Of course, there are exceptions for each.
That's what I am thinking...and why I ask such questions. I am entertaining the Phonak and the DBA-02 and since they are close to the same price, it's a toss-up for me...just trying to pick peoples brains as to if Jazz with it's often at times sparse instrumentation (occassionaly what I like gets congested...but generally sparse) and horns that can soar - I like a lot of Coletrane, Art Blakey, Dexter Gordon...older stuff that may not have always been re-mastered yet.post #68 of 1955/22/10 at 9:38am
I have heard the DBAs and the PFEs (a friend owned them for a short time), and to me, while the PFEs are very good IEMs, the DBAs are more balanced (and much easier to drive from what I remember). Without an amp, the DBAs are my choice. I only listened to the PFEs for an hour or so, but from memory, the DBAs are going to work better for jazz and all genres as well. But of course, unless you hear them both yourself, not much else I can say about it.post #69 of 1955/24/10 at 5:40pmpost #70 of 1955/26/10 at 5:55ampost #71 of 1955/26/10 at 6:43am
I just got myself Eterna V2 from local distributor a couple of hours ago, I'd say it sounds pretty good out of the box. At least to me. Omega v2 sounds decent enough for me as well. The bass just pound inside my head. I'm throwing my Hippo VB out of the window now (not literally of course!), can't stand the harsh treble.
Edited by Underhill - 5/26/10 at 6:51ampost #72 of 1955/26/10 at 7:09ampost #73 of 1955/26/10 at 7:52ampost #74 of 1955/26/10 at 5:15pm
ClieOS, I wish to know the comparison between the Eterna v1 with the DBA-02. I liked the bass quantity on Eterna, but the biggest problem I have is the treble that's just too weak, it sounded very muffled/veiled. What I wanted to know is:
1) How does DBA-02 compare to Eterna v1 in terms of bass (impact, amount and detail). For me the Eterna delivers bass until 30Hz at 4dB below the reference 100Hz loudness, while 50Hz above is pretty flat, on this regard how does DBA-02 fare on the sub-bass roll off?
2) On songs that are "balanced" (not bright or dark recordings), does the vocal on DBA-02 sounded bright like Hippo Shroom? I find that Shroom's vocal sounded a bit artificially sharp, like the volume on upper midrange boosted.
3) Are the treble's volume(or quantity) too high or it's enough? For comparison on Eterna v1 the treble volume is quite weak for me.
I now run my Eterna v1 with boosted upper mid+treble (increasing dB from upper mid onwards) and the quantity is ok, but the driver's treble detail is limited.post #75 of 1955/26/10 at 6:05pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Fischer Audio - For Your Ears Only
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 11 seconds ago
- › Windows 10 -- USB Audio 2.0 class driver use with Chord Mojo 48 seconds ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › is the stax lambda nova basic system any good ? 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017) 5 minutes ago
- › Sony mdr-1A or Audio Technica WS-1100is for music and gaming?? 5 minutes ago
- › Tidal vs Spotify 5 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 5 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 6 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear