Some good news: Local FA distributor just got their stock of the first batch of Eterna V2 and Omega V2 yesterday and has offered me the chance to give them a review. So I guess the actual review of Eterna v2 will come in a few weeks.
Related Forum Threads
- Where to buy Fischer Audio in Singapore? Last post on 3/31/11 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under 75$ Last post on 2/10/11 at 7:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best boom boom iems under 150?? Last post on 9/21/10 at 3:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Little upgrade on IEMs! best around $100? Last post on 9/6/10 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review and Impressions - Fischer Audio Eterna Rev2 Last post on 10/21/11 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - For Your Ears Only - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wow......it will indeed be interesting to see how different the actual production Eterna sounds compared to the unit you reviewed.......I'm sure Eterna fans were confused about your findings on the beta unit.
Hey ClieOS, between the DBA-02 and the Ortofon eq-7, which one do you think have better sq. ?
I'm looking forward to that! I hope this V2 is closer to the sound signature of the V1 than the beta you reviewed.
Technically I think e-Q7 is slight ahead of DBA-02, but they have very different sound signature which is much more important than pure performance.
I can't really speak as I don't listen to any jazz, but I can certainly see what you mean. I can see how something with a sound signature a bit more liquid would help jazz more than something with impact. I don't know if it actually is a problem or not or if it does interfere with the music, but it still comes down mostly to personal preference. If you want a laid back sound, then you know you want a dynamic IEM. If you want a more engaging and intimate sound, you might want armatures. Of course, there are exceptions for each.
That's what I am thinking...and why I ask such questions. I am entertaining the Phonak and the DBA-02 and since they are close to the same price, it's a toss-up for me...just trying to pick peoples brains as to if Jazz with it's often at times sparse instrumentation (occassionaly what I like gets congested...but generally sparse) and horns that can soar - I like a lot of Coletrane, Art Blakey, Dexter Gordon...older stuff that may not have always been re-mastered yet.
I have heard the DBAs and the PFEs (a friend owned them for a short time), and to me, while the PFEs are very good IEMs, the DBAs are more balanced (and much easier to drive from what I remember). Without an amp, the DBAs are my choice. I only listened to the PFEs for an hour or so, but from memory, the DBAs are going to work better for jazz and all genres as well. But of course, unless you hear them both yourself, not much else I can say about it.
I just got myself Eterna V2 from local distributor a couple of hours ago, I'd say it sounds pretty good out of the box. At least to me. Omega v2 sounds decent enough for me as well. The bass just pound inside my head. I'm throwing my Hippo VB out of the window now (not literally of course!), can't stand the harsh treble.
Edited by Underhill - 5/26/10 at 6:51am
ClieOS, I wish to know the comparison between the Eterna v1 with the DBA-02. I liked the bass quantity on Eterna, but the biggest problem I have is the treble that's just too weak, it sounded very muffled/veiled. What I wanted to know is:
1) How does DBA-02 compare to Eterna v1 in terms of bass (impact, amount and detail). For me the Eterna delivers bass until 30Hz at 4dB below the reference 100Hz loudness, while 50Hz above is pretty flat, on this regard how does DBA-02 fare on the sub-bass roll off?
2) On songs that are "balanced" (not bright or dark recordings), does the vocal on DBA-02 sounded bright like Hippo Shroom? I find that Shroom's vocal sounded a bit artificially sharp, like the volume on upper midrange boosted.
3) Are the treble's volume(or quantity) too high or it's enough? For comparison on Eterna v1 the treble volume is quite weak for me.
I now run my Eterna v1 with boosted upper mid+treble (increasing dB from upper mid onwards) and the quantity is ok, but the driver's treble detail is limited.
- [REVIEW] Fischer Audio - For Your Ears Only
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 seconds ago
- › Headphones Recommendation for College Student 54 seconds ago
- › JH 16 VS JH 13 HELP~~ 58 seconds ago
- › ROCK JAW - UK Engineered in-ears and over ear. Hello to one and all 1 minute ago
- › (Final Price Drop) HiFiMAN HE-300 Revision 1 with Soft Velours,... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Do I need a DAC? 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 4 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 4 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob