Some good news: Local FA distributor just got their stock of the first batch of Eterna V2 and Omega V2 yesterday and has offered me the chance to give them a review. So I guess the actual review of Eterna v2 will come in a few weeks.
Related Forum Threads
- Where to buy Fischer Audio in Singapore? Last post on 3/31/11 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under 75$ Last post on 2/10/11 at 7:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best boom boom iems under 150?? Last post on 9/21/10 at 3:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Little upgrade on IEMs! best around $100? Last post on 9/6/10 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review and Impressions - Fischer Audio Eterna Rev2 Last post on 10/21/11 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - For Your Ears Only - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wow......it will indeed be interesting to see how different the actual production Eterna sounds compared to the unit you reviewed.......I'm sure Eterna fans were confused about your findings on the beta unit.
Hey ClieOS, between the DBA-02 and the Ortofon eq-7, which one do you think have better sq. ?
I'm looking forward to that! I hope this V2 is closer to the sound signature of the V1 than the beta you reviewed.
Technically I think e-Q7 is slight ahead of DBA-02, but they have very different sound signature which is much more important than pure performance.
I can't really speak as I don't listen to any jazz, but I can certainly see what you mean. I can see how something with a sound signature a bit more liquid would help jazz more than something with impact. I don't know if it actually is a problem or not or if it does interfere with the music, but it still comes down mostly to personal preference. If you want a laid back sound, then you know you want a dynamic IEM. If you want a more engaging and intimate sound, you might want armatures. Of course, there are exceptions for each.
That's what I am thinking...and why I ask such questions. I am entertaining the Phonak and the DBA-02 and since they are close to the same price, it's a toss-up for me...just trying to pick peoples brains as to if Jazz with it's often at times sparse instrumentation (occassionaly what I like gets congested...but generally sparse) and horns that can soar - I like a lot of Coletrane, Art Blakey, Dexter Gordon...older stuff that may not have always been re-mastered yet.
I have heard the DBAs and the PFEs (a friend owned them for a short time), and to me, while the PFEs are very good IEMs, the DBAs are more balanced (and much easier to drive from what I remember). Without an amp, the DBAs are my choice. I only listened to the PFEs for an hour or so, but from memory, the DBAs are going to work better for jazz and all genres as well. But of course, unless you hear them both yourself, not much else I can say about it.
I just got myself Eterna V2 from local distributor a couple of hours ago, I'd say it sounds pretty good out of the box. At least to me. Omega v2 sounds decent enough for me as well. The bass just pound inside my head. I'm throwing my Hippo VB out of the window now (not literally of course!), can't stand the harsh treble.
Edited by Underhill - 5/26/10 at 6:51am
ClieOS, I wish to know the comparison between the Eterna v1 with the DBA-02. I liked the bass quantity on Eterna, but the biggest problem I have is the treble that's just too weak, it sounded very muffled/veiled. What I wanted to know is:
1) How does DBA-02 compare to Eterna v1 in terms of bass (impact, amount and detail). For me the Eterna delivers bass until 30Hz at 4dB below the reference 100Hz loudness, while 50Hz above is pretty flat, on this regard how does DBA-02 fare on the sub-bass roll off?
2) On songs that are "balanced" (not bright or dark recordings), does the vocal on DBA-02 sounded bright like Hippo Shroom? I find that Shroom's vocal sounded a bit artificially sharp, like the volume on upper midrange boosted.
3) Are the treble's volume(or quantity) too high or it's enough? For comparison on Eterna v1 the treble volume is quite weak for me.
I now run my Eterna v1 with boosted upper mid+treble (increasing dB from upper mid onwards) and the quantity is ok, but the driver's treble detail is limited.
- [REVIEW] Fischer Audio - For Your Ears Only
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 34 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 35 seconds ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar D1 or external sound card? (PC) 3 minutes ago
- › Is Sabre ES9018 the best DAC chip right now? 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 (& Plus) & iOS 8 Sound Quality Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival... 5 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)