After some more comparison, there is not a whole lot of change unless you liked the copious mid-bass of the V1 or wanted a true bass monster. The new ones are bassy for sure, but not the total bass monsters the old ones were.
Related Forum Threads
- Where to buy Fischer Audio in Singapore? Last post on 3/31/11 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under 75$ Last post on 2/10/11 at 7:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best boom boom iems under 150?? Last post on 9/21/10 at 3:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Little upgrade on IEMs! best around $100? Last post on 9/6/10 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review and Impressions - Fischer Audio Eterna Rev2 Last post on 10/21/11 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - For Your Ears Only - Page 8
Yeah, that's both the benefit and draw back of the Eterna v1. Listening to them is like listening to a good car stereo with a prominent subwoofer. It's fun, but you don't always want it. It is set up well where it isn't terribly intrusive, and EQing is easy enough for it.
I am curious how much has changed overall to the v2. I'm also big on EQing, so frequency response changes don't really bug me. If the low end can be EQed on v2 but offer better low frequency definition, great.
I'm just not sold on the damping thing. I know what damping does, so I'm curious how the Eterna was affected. Low frequency bass is hard to get in an earphone. By low I mean 20Hz to 40Hz low, more so below the common audible range and down into the visceral range that you feel. Damping unfortunately can do a number of things depending on what was done. In many cases though it does reduce low frequency sensitivity, and I'm not a fan of seeing this go.
Everything is a compromise though.
My v2 hasn't got into the half way point in burn-in yet, but so far it seems to be better than the beta unit already. It sounds different from the v1 for sure: warmer, thicker, better body at the lower end but not quite as good on the upper end. It sounds slightly less fun than v1 for sure as it is overall smoother, but it is still too early to tell whether this will be the same after the burn-in.
Just recntly i have received the news from FA that there is small number of Eterna v.1 available to order. And i have ordered not a big amounf of phones.
So now they are available in retail for those who wants to buy Eterna v.1
Initial impressions of the Eterna Rev.2 are positive. Rich, full sound. A bit on the warm side, but not too bad.
Excellent for hard rock. You can pick apart a drummer's performance as the heavy vocals boom in the foreground. Drums do not overpower as there is so freakin' much going on that everything just booms into your skull.. But not in a bad way :)
Not great for soft rock. Drums appear to overpower softer guitar melodies and vocal performances. These are IEMs made for NOISE. The more going on in the song, the better. Perhaps that's what ClieOS meant by "fun"?
Electronic is surprisingly detailed, surpassing the notoriously cold RE2s despite having considerable more bass (which I was worried would negatively affect detail). When you get these IEMs, this is what I want you to do: Pick a song that has your favourite beat lead-up. As the beat builds, prepare yourself... When the beat finally drops, you will wonder how you ever appreciated the song before listening to it with a lesser IEM.
One thing I've noticed.. 320kbps is a necessity for my tracks now. I couldn't hear the difference between 192 and 320 with my RE2s, and boy, I can hear it now.
More to come after a proper burn-in!
Edited by kidcorpo - 6/3/10 at 12:19pm
For those who have tested V1 and V2, witch one should i get? there is a small bagde of V1 for sale now, and i could wait for the V2, but if the V1 come out to be the better ones it would be a shame i didnt order the old version
Im a little confused, are you saying that your selling them or that the distributors should have them? The only two distributors I have been able to find that ships to the states DO NOT have the V.1 listed.
I haven't been informed of any V1 for sale. Actually, that kind of ticks me off, I waited for at least 2 months without stock and if there was stock after all...
I'll make an inquiry anyways. I don't think the difference is big enough of a deal for me to get any in though, but if it's a possibility I may.
I selling them in my shop.
It was a batch coming back from some distributor, so they was not gathered dust in FA's stock all the time.
Edited by Marine Pilot - 6/3/10 at 9:18pm
- [REVIEW] Fischer Audio - For Your Ears Only
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 11 seconds ago
- › CUSTOMART AU/NZ CIEM Demo Lineup Tour 17 seconds ago
- › Amarra - anyone using it? 46 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 49 seconds ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 1 minute ago
- › Four Choices for Closed Over-Ears Under $300 1 minute ago
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio now on sale at ALO audio 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3