After some more comparison, there is not a whole lot of change unless you liked the copious mid-bass of the V1 or wanted a true bass monster. The new ones are bassy for sure, but not the total bass monsters the old ones were.
Related Forum Threads
- Where to buy Fischer Audio in Singapore? Last post on 3/31/11 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under 75$ Last post on 2/10/11 at 7:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best boom boom iems under 150?? Last post on 9/21/10 at 3:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Little upgrade on IEMs! best around $100? Last post on 9/6/10 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review and Impressions - Fischer Audio Eterna Rev2 Last post on 10/21/11 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Owned a variety of DAC's DAP/sources, Cowon J3, Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary, Dacport LX, HRT Music Streamer II+, Sony Walkman Z. The DX100 completely blows them all away with it's reference...
Before you read this, I think you should know that I'm not an audiophile and that English isn't my native language. Let me start this on a positive note. The design of Razer Tiamat...
Performance: Generally really well. Shouldn't lag at all with normal usage. Should be able to handle most modern apps. I managed to get around 8000 on Antutu Benchmark. Currently runs Android...
A few years ago I was a big fan of the Shuttle Barebone SFF PCs for LAN party gaming. I also was a big fan of surround audio for gaming. I had a soundblaster that days. But the graphics cards grew...
Good solid bass, not very impactful, definitely not for bassheads. Has a warmer feel, and is not very laid back. Also less colored than I would expect. Overall good, as I paid around 120 for...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - For Your Ears Only - Page 8
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Yeah, that's both the benefit and draw back of the Eterna v1. Listening to them is like listening to a good car stereo with a prominent subwoofer. It's fun, but you don't always want it. It is set up well where it isn't terribly intrusive, and EQing is easy enough for it.
I am curious how much has changed overall to the v2. I'm also big on EQing, so frequency response changes don't really bug me. If the low end can be EQed on v2 but offer better low frequency definition, great.
I'm just not sold on the damping thing. I know what damping does, so I'm curious how the Eterna was affected. Low frequency bass is hard to get in an earphone. By low I mean 20Hz to 40Hz low, more so below the common audible range and down into the visceral range that you feel. Damping unfortunately can do a number of things depending on what was done. In many cases though it does reduce low frequency sensitivity, and I'm not a fan of seeing this go.
Everything is a compromise though.
My v2 hasn't got into the half way point in burn-in yet, but so far it seems to be better than the beta unit already. It sounds different from the v1 for sure: warmer, thicker, better body at the lower end but not quite as good on the upper end. It sounds slightly less fun than v1 for sure as it is overall smoother, but it is still too early to tell whether this will be the same after the burn-in.
Just recntly i have received the news from FA that there is small number of Eterna v.1 available to order. And i have ordered not a big amounf of phones.
So now they are available in retail for those who wants to buy Eterna v.1
Initial impressions of the Eterna Rev.2 are positive. Rich, full sound. A bit on the warm side, but not too bad.
Excellent for hard rock. You can pick apart a drummer's performance as the heavy vocals boom in the foreground. Drums do not overpower as there is so freakin' much going on that everything just booms into your skull.. But not in a bad way :)
Not great for soft rock. Drums appear to overpower softer guitar melodies and vocal performances. These are IEMs made for NOISE. The more going on in the song, the better. Perhaps that's what ClieOS meant by "fun"?
Electronic is surprisingly detailed, surpassing the notoriously cold RE2s despite having considerable more bass (which I was worried would negatively affect detail). When you get these IEMs, this is what I want you to do: Pick a song that has your favourite beat lead-up. As the beat builds, prepare yourself... When the beat finally drops, you will wonder how you ever appreciated the song before listening to it with a lesser IEM.
One thing I've noticed.. 320kbps is a necessity for my tracks now. I couldn't hear the difference between 192 and 320 with my RE2s, and boy, I can hear it now.
More to come after a proper burn-in!
Edited by kidcorpo - 6/3/10 at 12:19pm
For those who have tested V1 and V2, witch one should i get? there is a small bagde of V1 for sale now, and i could wait for the V2, but if the V1 come out to be the better ones it would be a shame i didnt order the old version
Im a little confused, are you saying that your selling them or that the distributors should have them? The only two distributors I have been able to find that ships to the states DO NOT have the V.1 listed.
I haven't been informed of any V1 for sale. Actually, that kind of ticks me off, I waited for at least 2 months without stock and if there was stock after all...
I'll make an inquiry anyways. I don't think the difference is big enough of a deal for me to get any in though, but if it's a possibility I may.
I selling them in my shop.
It was a batch coming back from some distributor, so they was not gathered dust in FA's stock all the time.
Edited by Marine Pilot - 6/3/10 at 9:18pm
- [REVIEW] Fischer Audio - For Your Ears Only
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › IEM 100 U$ for rock / metal 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 1 minute ago
- › The Leben CS300XS Thread 2 minutes ago
- › IEM Recommendations for AK100 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-272 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD598 (Soundstage Question) 3 minutes ago
- › Good Combination?? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 4 minutes ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU by project86
- › Unique Melody Miracle by lin0003
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by mcook1970
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe