After some more comparison, there is not a whole lot of change unless you liked the copious mid-bass of the V1 or wanted a true bass monster. The new ones are bassy for sure, but not the total bass monsters the old ones were.
Related Forum Threads
- Where to buy Fischer Audio in Singapore? Last post on 3/31/11 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under 75$ Last post on 2/10/11 at 7:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best boom boom iems under 150?? Last post on 9/21/10 at 3:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Little upgrade on IEMs! best around $100? Last post on 9/6/10 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review and Impressions - Fischer Audio Eterna Rev2 Last post on 10/21/11 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - For Your Ears Only - Page 8
Yeah, that's both the benefit and draw back of the Eterna v1. Listening to them is like listening to a good car stereo with a prominent subwoofer. It's fun, but you don't always want it. It is set up well where it isn't terribly intrusive, and EQing is easy enough for it.
I am curious how much has changed overall to the v2. I'm also big on EQing, so frequency response changes don't really bug me. If the low end can be EQed on v2 but offer better low frequency definition, great.
I'm just not sold on the damping thing. I know what damping does, so I'm curious how the Eterna was affected. Low frequency bass is hard to get in an earphone. By low I mean 20Hz to 40Hz low, more so below the common audible range and down into the visceral range that you feel. Damping unfortunately can do a number of things depending on what was done. In many cases though it does reduce low frequency sensitivity, and I'm not a fan of seeing this go.
Everything is a compromise though.
My v2 hasn't got into the half way point in burn-in yet, but so far it seems to be better than the beta unit already. It sounds different from the v1 for sure: warmer, thicker, better body at the lower end but not quite as good on the upper end. It sounds slightly less fun than v1 for sure as it is overall smoother, but it is still too early to tell whether this will be the same after the burn-in.
Just recntly i have received the news from FA that there is small number of Eterna v.1 available to order. And i have ordered not a big amounf of phones.
So now they are available in retail for those who wants to buy Eterna v.1
Initial impressions of the Eterna Rev.2 are positive. Rich, full sound. A bit on the warm side, but not too bad.
Excellent for hard rock. You can pick apart a drummer's performance as the heavy vocals boom in the foreground. Drums do not overpower as there is so freakin' much going on that everything just booms into your skull.. But not in a bad way :)
Not great for soft rock. Drums appear to overpower softer guitar melodies and vocal performances. These are IEMs made for NOISE. The more going on in the song, the better. Perhaps that's what ClieOS meant by "fun"?
Electronic is surprisingly detailed, surpassing the notoriously cold RE2s despite having considerable more bass (which I was worried would negatively affect detail). When you get these IEMs, this is what I want you to do: Pick a song that has your favourite beat lead-up. As the beat builds, prepare yourself... When the beat finally drops, you will wonder how you ever appreciated the song before listening to it with a lesser IEM.
One thing I've noticed.. 320kbps is a necessity for my tracks now. I couldn't hear the difference between 192 and 320 with my RE2s, and boy, I can hear it now.
More to come after a proper burn-in!
Edited by kidcorpo - 6/3/10 at 12:19pm
For those who have tested V1 and V2, witch one should i get? there is a small bagde of V1 for sale now, and i could wait for the V2, but if the V1 come out to be the better ones it would be a shame i didnt order the old version
Im a little confused, are you saying that your selling them or that the distributors should have them? The only two distributors I have been able to find that ships to the states DO NOT have the V.1 listed.
I haven't been informed of any V1 for sale. Actually, that kind of ticks me off, I waited for at least 2 months without stock and if there was stock after all...
I'll make an inquiry anyways. I don't think the difference is big enough of a deal for me to get any in though, but if it's a possibility I may.
I selling them in my shop.
It was a batch coming back from some distributor, so they was not gathered dust in FA's stock all the time.
Edited by Marine Pilot - 6/3/10 at 9:18pm
- [REVIEW] Fischer Audio - For Your Ears Only
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 41 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 2 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions... 4 minutes ago
- › DQSM IEM Impressions / Easy Earphones Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Poll Thread Tidal Streaming and ONKYO DP-X1 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...