After some more comparison, there is not a whole lot of change unless you liked the copious mid-bass of the V1 or wanted a true bass monster. The new ones are bassy for sure, but not the total bass monsters the old ones were.
Related Forum Threads
- Where to buy Fischer Audio in Singapore? Last post on 3/31/11 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under 75$ Last post on 2/10/11 at 7:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best boom boom iems under 150?? Last post on 9/21/10 at 3:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Little upgrade on IEMs! best around $100? Last post on 9/6/10 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review and Impressions - Fischer Audio Eterna Rev2 Last post on 10/21/11 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Meze is a Romanian company which became widely known on a portable audio market after releasing its wooden 99 Classics model. These headphones became a hit due to a semi-portable form factor,...
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - For Your Ears Only - Page 8post #106 of 1956/2/10 at 10:37pmpost #107 of 1956/3/10 at 12:31am
Yeah, that's both the benefit and draw back of the Eterna v1. Listening to them is like listening to a good car stereo with a prominent subwoofer. It's fun, but you don't always want it. It is set up well where it isn't terribly intrusive, and EQing is easy enough for it.
I am curious how much has changed overall to the v2. I'm also big on EQing, so frequency response changes don't really bug me. If the low end can be EQed on v2 but offer better low frequency definition, great.
I'm just not sold on the damping thing. I know what damping does, so I'm curious how the Eterna was affected. Low frequency bass is hard to get in an earphone. By low I mean 20Hz to 40Hz low, more so below the common audible range and down into the visceral range that you feel. Damping unfortunately can do a number of things depending on what was done. In many cases though it does reduce low frequency sensitivity, and I'm not a fan of seeing this go.
Everything is a compromise though.post #108 of 1956/3/10 at 1:16amThread Starter
My v2 hasn't got into the half way point in burn-in yet, but so far it seems to be better than the beta unit already. It sounds different from the v1 for sure: warmer, thicker, better body at the lower end but not quite as good on the upper end. It sounds slightly less fun than v1 for sure as it is overall smoother, but it is still too early to tell whether this will be the same after the burn-in.post #109 of 1956/3/10 at 5:20amQuote:
Just recntly i have received the news from FA that there is small number of Eterna v.1 available to order. And i have ordered not a big amounf of phones.
So now they are available in retail for those who wants to buy Eterna v.1post #110 of 1956/3/10 at 5:28ampost #111 of 1956/3/10 at 5:33ampost #112 of 1956/3/10 at 6:38amOne thing I noticed today is that the sound with the V2 (in my ears at least, no guarantees you will experience this as it is dealing with fit) is improved when the bi-flanges aren't totally in your ears. What I mean is, they are inserted fully but not as far as they can go. It could just be my ears and how they are shaped, but when that happens some clarity is lost. The best thing to do would just to pay attention while you insert them and not just shove them right in like I had been. Insertion depth seems to be the key here.post #113 of 1956/3/10 at 11:30ampost #114 of 1956/3/10 at 12:16pm
Initial impressions of the Eterna Rev.2 are positive. Rich, full sound. A bit on the warm side, but not too bad.
Excellent for hard rock. You can pick apart a drummer's performance as the heavy vocals boom in the foreground. Drums do not overpower as there is so freakin' much going on that everything just booms into your skull.. But not in a bad way :)
Not great for soft rock. Drums appear to overpower softer guitar melodies and vocal performances. These are IEMs made for NOISE. The more going on in the song, the better. Perhaps that's what ClieOS meant by "fun"?
Electronic is surprisingly detailed, surpassing the notoriously cold RE2s despite having considerable more bass (which I was worried would negatively affect detail). When you get these IEMs, this is what I want you to do: Pick a song that has your favourite beat lead-up. As the beat builds, prepare yourself... When the beat finally drops, you will wonder how you ever appreciated the song before listening to it with a lesser IEM.
One thing I've noticed.. 320kbps is a necessity for my tracks now. I couldn't hear the difference between 192 and 320 with my RE2s, and boy, I can hear it now.
More to come after a proper burn-in!
Edited by kidcorpo - 6/3/10 at 12:19pmpost #115 of 1956/3/10 at 1:26pm
For those who have tested V1 and V2, witch one should i get? there is a small bagde of V1 for sale now, and i could wait for the V2, but if the V1 come out to be the better ones it would be a shame i didnt order the old versionpost #116 of 1956/3/10 at 4:02pmQuote:
Im a little confused, are you saying that your selling them or that the distributors should have them? The only two distributors I have been able to find that ships to the states DO NOT have the V.1 listed.
post #117 of 1956/3/10 at 6:46pm
I haven't been informed of any V1 for sale. Actually, that kind of ticks me off, I waited for at least 2 months without stock and if there was stock after all...
I'll make an inquiry anyways. I don't think the difference is big enough of a deal for me to get any in though, but if it's a possibility I may.post #118 of 1956/3/10 at 9:09pm
Quote:post #119 of 1956/3/10 at 9:11pmQuote:
I selling them in my shop.Quote:
It was a batch coming back from some distributor, so they was not gathered dust in FA's stock all the time.
Edited by Marine Pilot - 6/3/10 at 9:18pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Fischer Audio - For Your Ears Only
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › USB Strikes Back! Watch out AOIP - USB/Ethernet Chain beats All... 37 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 56 seconds ago
- › Fiio EX1 2nd Gen 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › 24-bit audio bluetooth windows 10? 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by HiFiChris
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by cleg
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear