Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite - Page 34

post #496 of 1489

Have you tried the most recent versions of eLyric? 26.10 I think works pretty damn well for me.  Album artwork loads almost instantly on my iphone and the program overall is getting a lot more polished.

 

I usually do all my tagging in another program and just have eLyric run in the background to serve the music.  So far it's worked pretty flawlessly for the past month or so.  But yes, I agree with you that it's been a pretty rough ride up till now, but i feel that we're starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.  Plus i'm finally getting the feeling that Paul at PS Audio is understanding the implications of software better and is trying to get things out that are more competitive, polished.  

 

As for mac server software, i've only tried squeezebox which is pretty good.  All other solutions rely on usb (audirvana, decibel, puremusic, amarra, etc) but i dont' really like any of them since they just seem too finicky/backwards, especially if you're using flac files.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd R View Post

Anyone know of a good Mac music server software? 
I am SO sick of eLyric never working right and I can't seem to get Twonky going correctly either. 


Would it have beens so hard for PS to license the system from Logitech (which works great) rather than struggling along trying to get eLyric running correctly? Just my opinion. 



 

post #497 of 1489
Thread Starter 

I use a QNAP and it work flawless, there are issues with minor things like album art, tagging... but audio streaming is fine.

post #498 of 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsieurguzel View Post

Have you tried the most recent versions of eLyric? 26.10 I think works pretty damn well for me.  Album artwork loads almost instantly on my iphone and the program overall is getting a lot more polished.

 

I usually do all my tagging in another program and just have eLyric run in the background to serve the music.  So far it's worked pretty flawlessly for the past month or so.  But yes, I agree with you that it's been a pretty rough ride up till now, but i feel that we're starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.  Plus i'm finally getting the feeling that Paul at PS Audio is understanding the implications of software better and is trying to get things out that are more competitive, polished.  

 

As for mac server software, i've only tried squeezebox which is pretty good.  All other solutions rely on usb (audirvana, decibel, puremusic, amarra, etc) but i dont' really like any of them since they just seem too finicky/backwards, especially if you're using flac files.
 



 


Yes I was on 26.10, but recently went back to the last "official" release, 23.24 per Alex's suggestion as the others are supposed to be beta versions.

The buzz at the beginning of the track is still there, but not as loud as it was on 26.10. Sorry to have to discuss it over here, but I find their website hard to navigate. Too many choices & sub forums, plus the search isn't so great.

 

post #499 of 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post

I use a QNAP and it work flawless, there are issues with minor things like album art, tagging... but audio streaming is fine.



I just looked it up.

The site is talking about using MP3's. Does it support AAC or higher bitrate files?

post #500 of 1489
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd R View Post



I just looked it up.

The site is talking about using MP3's. Does it support AAC or higher bitrate files?


All my files are FLAC.

 

post #501 of 1489

I just have a bookmark to this page:

 

http://www.psaudio.com/forum/#/discussions

 

It basically is a view of the entire forum in most recently replied order.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd R View Post


Yes I was on 26.10, but recently went back to the last "official" release, 23.24 per Alex's suggestion as the others are supposed to be beta versions.

The buzz at the beginning of the track is still there, but not as loud as it was on 26.10. Sorry to have to discuss it over here, but I find their website hard to navigate. Too many choices & sub forums, plus the search isn't so great.

 



 

post #502 of 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post


All my files are FLAC.

 

Ok, thanks.

Looking around the website...what do I download? is it QNAP Finder for Mac?
 

 

post #503 of 1489
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd R View Post

Ok, thanks.

Looking around the website...what do I download? is it QNAP Finder for Mac?
 

 


 

Not sure you can just download the software.  It is a NAS that have build in music server (Twonky Media Server), you can probably get the TS-110 and any harddrive. 

post #504 of 1489

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrin View Post

I'm getting away from the Bridge because I don't want to be stuck with their Elyric DNLA server software. It has some tagging issues which iRiver MC doesn't have and you need to run Elyric if you want gapless. With the mkII's built-in "Digital Lens", there's probably less of a reason to use the Bridge (unless you want that type of functionality) to achieve the best possible sound quality. I actually felt the coax out from a POS Marantz CD5004 (with the CD mechanism mass loaded, case damped, and analog / unncessary circuitry ripped out or bypassed) sounded better than the Bridge.


 

Thanks for the feedback. Reinforces what I was suspecting. 

 

post #505 of 1489

That's weird. My PWD doesn't detect the Bridge. I tried turning off the switch and connect/disconnect the power cable. Still no luck. I haven't open up the PWD to see if there are any loose connections yet. Had anyone experience this problem before?

post #506 of 1489

Wrote to PS Audio today regarding my mkII kit -- they are still waiting to get them :(

post #507 of 1489
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzone3lement View Post

That's weird. My PWD doesn't detect the Bridge. I tried turning off the switch and connect/disconnect the power cable. Still no luck. I haven't open up the PWD to see if there are any loose connections yet. Had anyone experience this problem before?



Did you tried to reload the firmware?  I had the same issue before and it is resolved by installing the latest firmware on the SD card.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis View Post

Wrote to PS Audio today regarding my mkII kit -- they are still waiting to get them :(

 

I wrote to them last week and was assured to ship out last week but I still do not receive the shipping info or receive the MK II upgrade.  A little disappointed, at least should give us better communications.
 

 

post #508 of 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post



Did you tried to reload the firmware?  I had the same issue before and it is resolved by installing the latest firmware on the SD card.

 

I wrote to them last week and was assured to ship out last week but I still do not receive the shipping info or receive the MK II upgrade.  A little disappointed, at least should give us better communications.
 

 



I had similar communication issue with my order. After two months since ordering I was getting very little and not precise informaton about my order. I end up wriitng an email directly to Paul and magically my kit was shipped the next day.

 

 

post #509 of 1489
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman59 View Post



I had similar communication issue with my order. After two months since ordering I was getting very little and not precise informaton about my order. I end up wriitng an email directly to Paul and magically my kit was shipped the next day.

 

 



do you mind pm me Paul's email address?  I don't buy it the sales don't have any info on the order.

post #510 of 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post



do you mind pm me Paul's email address?  I don't buy it the sales don't have any info on the order.



PM sent.

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite