Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite - Page 32

post #466 of 1489

I am feeling very frustarted with PS Audio Sales department. It has been 8 weeks since I placed my order for the upgrade kit and nothing so far.

I knew there will be some wait but 8 weeks should be more than enough. My frustration is that I can not get any information from the Sales dept. reagrding where my order is in realtion to the list and at least receive some projected ship date. So far the only information I got last week was that there was a batch of kits being shipped yesterday and today. I just can not undrestand why they can not track my order number and at least tell me if I am included in the batch mad.gif.

 

I just sent an email to Paul McGowan directly expresing my frustration fo rthe lack of information. Hopefully I get a reply.

post #467 of 1489

Well, I got a Fedex notification last nightbiggrin.gif BUT in the id of the notification says is a V1 kit but my order is for a V3.

I sent and email to PS Audio this monring asking to confirm they shipped the right kit...

post #468 of 1489

They are all the same kit now if I'm correct.  Mine had different cables based on what version your DAC is.

post #469 of 1489

Be prepared for a good treat though!  I've fallen in love all over again with my dac after getting the upgrade!  There really isn't another dac on the market for the price point that i'd rather have at this point (or even 2-3 times the price)...especially when you consider the flexibility of the unit!


Edited by monsieurguzel - 2/1/12 at 9:27am
post #470 of 1489
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman59 View Post

Well, I got a Fedex notification last nightbiggrin.gif BUT in the id of the notification says is a V1 kit but my order is for a V3.

I sent and email to PS Audio this monring asking to confirm they shipped the right kit...



At least you get a FedEx notification, I still did not get anything yet...mad.gif

post #471 of 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post



At least you get a FedEx notification, I still did not get anything yet...mad.gif



When did you order it? Mine took 8 weeks "in the dark"....

 

 

post #472 of 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsieurguzel View Post

Be prepared for a good treat though!  I've fallen in love all over again with my dac after getting the upgrade!  There really isn't another dac on the market for the price point that i'd rather have at this point (or even 2-3 times the price)...especially when you consider the flexibility of the unit!



I received an email back confirming is the right one. They wrote "All version 1 and version 3 boards receive the same kit (version 1).  "

I am currently running a Genesis Time Lens in front of the PWD so it actually sounds very good, sometimes even better than my Wadia 27. it is going to be interesting if there is even more improvement and if I still need the Genesis or I can just sell it.

 

 

post #473 of 1489
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman59 View Post



When did you order it? Mine took 8 weeks "in the dark"....

 

 



Probably 7 weeks but I know I'm in the February batch but is hoping to receive it earlier.  I guess not.

post #474 of 1489

I guess I should consider myself lucky then.  I got mine Dec. 30th...good way to celebrate the New Years :)

post #475 of 1489
Are there any detailed pics of the innards of this DAC?
post #476 of 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachu View Post

Are there any detailed pics of the innards of this DAC?
Do a search in YouTube and you can find videos of how to implement the upgrade where you can see the inside.
post #477 of 1489

I ordered mine maybe the last week before cutoff, I received 1 e-mail confirmation right away and nothing since...  I can keep waiting.

post #478 of 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman59 View Post



When did you order it? Mine took 8 weeks "in the dark"....

 

 


I am seeing at roughly 6 to 7 weeks but I knew it was more than likely a February shipping date.  

 

On a separate note, have you got your new umbilical cord for the DS?

 

post #479 of 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman59 View Post



I received an email back confirming is the right one. They wrote "All version 1 and version 3 boards receive the same kit (version 1).  "

 

 



I'm glad you finally got some good news. When I contacted PS Audio Sales Department, they responded back with clear answers to me within a business day, and it was some time before busy Christmas Eve. I thought it's strange they didn't respond with the information you needed.

post #480 of 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Addict View Post


I am sitting at roughly 6 to 7 weeks but I knew it was more than likely a February shipping date.  

 

 



Speak of the devil as I got home this evening there was my DAC II upgrade for version 1 and 3.  I will try and get it done this weekend.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite