I would like for one of you to get the NAD M51 and compare it to the PWD. Please do so within the next month. TIA.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-gd Reference 5tagged by System, 7/26/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandPS Audiotagged by System, 10/20/10
- productPS Audio - PerfectWave DACtagged by System, 10/20/10
- productReference Seventagged by System, 7/26/12
- categorySound Cardstagged by System, 7/22/10
- productWyred4Sound µDACtagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audio-GD Reference 5.2 (New Balanced 4x PCM1704UK DAC) Last post on 7/5/16 at 12:25pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Audio-gd Reference 7.1 vs Violectric v800 Last post on 9/4/12 at 7:38am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audio-gd NFB-17/NFB-17.2 Last post on 3/1/13 at 7:51pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Lite Dac-83 versus Audio GD Ref 7,8,9 Last post on 9/22/12 at 12:59pm in Dedicated Source Components
- To DAC or not to DAC Last post on 9/12/10 at 5:34pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite - Page 31post #451 of 16661/1/12 at 9:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #452 of 16661/2/12 at 9:50ampost #453 of 16661/2/12 at 1:31pmpost #454 of 16661/2/12 at 6:40pmpost #455 of 16661/3/12 at 2:14pm
Installed my Mk.II update 2 days ago. Don't have time to write in detail right now, but I'll give you a hint for now. It's reall good! I wasn't expecting it to make such difference so I'm very pleasantly surprised with the results.
More to follow...post #456 of 16661/3/12 at 5:16pmThread StarterQuote:
What type of input you are using?post #457 of 16661/4/12 at 6:18am
So far i'm only using it using the bridge. Haven't tried any other inputs, but i'm guessing the Mk.II boards will make an even bigger difference using usb, coax, etc.
I've finally decided to only use the bridge for streaming my music since I feel PS Audio has gotten eLyric to the point where it isn't very buggy anymore to run as a service on my computer. The remote app works very well and i've been able to stream all sorts of bitrates (including 24/192) with no hiccups at all. Speaking of high bitrates, with the Mk.II board, I feel that all the digital harshness is gone from 16/44 recordings to the point where I really enjoy listening to them as opposed to trying to find 24/96 versions of albums.post #458 of 16661/4/12 at 6:36am
I might also mirror a few things written on the PS Audio boards, but to me this has been a very worthwhile upgrade and frankly one that is saving me money in a sense. Before the upgrade, I had my PWD connected to an Atma-sphere MP-1 preamp then into my speaker amps. When hooked straight into the amps, the PWD sounded a little flat to me and tonally a little off. Sound stage was somewhat narrow and most importantly the highs here a little too shrill / glare on a lot of not so well recorded music. Putting the MP-1 preamp in the chain raised the floor noise some but in return made the sound a whole lot more pleasant and much more spacious (without being diffuse).
Ever since receiving my Mk.II board and using Native X mode, I've been a/b with and without the preamp in my system to the point where I find very little benefit of using it anymore. The PWD has turned into something that sounds extremely analogue (even on 16/44 sources) and I've been able to listen to much quite a bit louder without any fatigue whatsoever. Sound stage is vastly improved and so has the clarity of instruments separation.
Overall this has been a very good piece of equipment for me ever since I bought it almost 2 years ago and am thrilled to be getting such a performance jump without having to invest in a new $6000 dac. Also, I can't wait to see how it will perform when I receive my BHSEpost #459 of 16661/4/12 at 6:52ampost #460 of 16661/4/12 at 7:02am
I use Black Sand Violet Z1 power cables for all my equipment. I'm quite happy with them but frankly haven't been able to hear profound differences with most power cables I've used. To me they're well built, have nice connectors that grip well, and aren't overly expensive.post #461 of 16661/4/12 at 9:44amThread Starterpost #462 of 16661/6/12 at 7:34pmThread Starterpost #463 of 16661/29/12 at 9:29pmpost #464 of 16661/30/12 at 6:05am
- Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Studio Monitors for small wedding 1 minute ago
- › AKG K403 or Marshall Monitor? 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › New VentureCraft SounDroid VANTAM Jazz Master Limited 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear