Still made and engineered partly overseas in addition to Boulder, CO. If it really matters to you.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-gd Reference 5tagged by System, 7/26/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandPS Audiotagged by System, 10/20/10
- productPS Audio - PerfectWave DACtagged by System, 10/20/10
- productReference Seventagged by System, 7/26/12
- categorySound Cardstagged by System, 7/22/10
- productWyred4Sound µDACtagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audio-GD Reference 5.2 (New Balanced 4x PCM1704UK DAC) Last post on 7/5/16 at 12:25pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Audio-gd Reference 7.1 vs Violectric v800 Last post on 9/4/12 at 7:38am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audio-gd NFB-17/NFB-17.2 Last post on 3/1/13 at 7:51pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Lite Dac-83 versus Audio GD Ref 7,8,9 Last post on 9/22/12 at 12:59pm in Dedicated Source Components
- To DAC or not to DAC Last post on 9/12/10 at 5:34pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Acknowledgment Thanks Mike Diaz at Ultimate Ears for supplying these as a review sample, with special thanks to David Guitierrez for his excellent customer service. These are going to kick butt...
It's not free to you, but it was to me. I was not even interested in this IEM until it was offered to me for free by Rose on the condition I reviewed it. I'm happy to say this is an honest 5 star...
With thanks to our great supporter of headfi @Andykong, I have had the Cayin i5 on loan for a fortnight or so. I have had the chance to listen to it extensively. My focus has mainly been on the...
Introduction With thanks to @glassmonkey , and Aune, here is my first review for 2017 - the M1S DAP. I shall not be labouring the point. There is a 55 page discussions and impressions...
This is the only DAC that I have owned at this point and I am currently looking to purchases something a little bit better in quality after buying a pair of Sennheiser HD 600. For my liking the...
Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 16686/2/10 at 6:33amThread Starterpost #18 of 16686/2/10 at 8:34am
If you look at it like that then there is nothing with more than a few components inside that is made in America any longer.post #19 of 16686/3/10 at 4:54pm
I don't care where something is made (as long as it isn't slave labor/children, that type of arrangement). I am only quoting their website and pointing out that "American made" is usually partially true most of the time it seems. We all gotta eat.post #20 of 16686/3/10 at 5:24pmQuote:
Its very detailed but not very musical. Good with tube amp not so good with SS amp as both are too analytical.post #21 of 16686/3/10 at 5:32pmpost #22 of 16686/4/10 at 12:24pmpost #23 of 16686/6/10 at 2:47pmThread Starterpost #24 of 16686/7/10 at 8:05pm
I keep the volume at 100%.
post #25 of 16686/8/10 at 3:28ampost #26 of 16686/8/10 at 9:08amThread Starterpost #27 of 16686/9/10 at 12:00pm
I keep it at 100% but for some reason I have a dim (very dim) recollection of someone at PS Audio (Paul?) saying 50% was the "correct" setting. I'll try to dig up the link.post #28 of 16686/9/10 at 6:07pmIt's a digital volume control. resolution is lost the more attenuation is used. PS Audio encourages the use of the volume control, I do not. That is unless you have a crap preamplifier, or no preamplifier at all.post #29 of 16686/9/10 at 10:04pm
Here's one of the threads on the subject.post #30 of 16686/10/10 at 2:39am
I don't know if PS Audio does their volume control in a similar way, but Logitech claims the digital volume control on the Transporter can be attenuated up to -32dB without any loss of signal (no deviation from bit-perfect). This however does not jibe with what I (or other tech reps at Logitech) hear, but our ears aren't testing equipment.
- Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 10 seconds ago
- › Smyth Research Realiser A16 53 seconds ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 53 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 1 minute ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 5 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered by glassmonkey
- › Rose Aurora by vapman
- › Cayin i5 by Takeanidea
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Takeanidea
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by MrChiSox
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by jasonwdonnelly
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear