Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite - Page 83

post #1231 of 1462
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericfarrell85 View Post

I thought 2.4 had issues with upgraded MKI's. I don't have any issues with 2.41 and prefer it to 2.20 by quite a bit.

 

Well that's good news for when they sort it out to work properly for MKIs. :)

post #1232 of 1462

2.4.1 and 2.4.0 don't work on my 2.2.0 PWD2.  Both have static on USB in NativeX.  As well as the Filter and Phase just cycling without clicks, ie not working.


Edited by Solude - 8/11/13 at 6:09pm
post #1233 of 1462

I seem to remember someone having this problem and the solution was to revert to an earlier fw such as 2.02 and then reload 2.14. 
 

post #1234 of 1462
Thread Starter 

I just upgrade to 2.4.1 over the weekend from 2.0.3, I have no issues with the upgrade and I will need sometime to compare which one I prefer but 2.4.1 definitely better than 2.2.x I tried.

post #1235 of 1462
Quote:
Originally Posted by setamp View Post

I seem to remember someone having this problem and the solution was to revert to an earlier fw such as 2.02 and then reload 2.14. 
 

That might be the Master PWDII Reset Procedure .. posted by JJ .


Edited by rubenpp - 8/12/13 at 2:36pm
post #1236 of 1462
This looks very intriguing:

http://www.audiophilia.com/wp/?p=11352
post #1237 of 1462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post
 

2.4.1 and 2.4.0 don't work on my 2.2.0 PWD2.  Both have static on USB in NativeX.  As well as the Filter and Phase just cycling without clicks, ie not working.

 

 

Where can 2.4.1 be found? Also, is your PWD an upgraded II?

post #1238 of 1462

Mine is an original mk2 from late 2012.

post #1239 of 1462
Thread Starter 
Anyone using SE out? I may upgrade my head amp from balanced to SE and wonder if you lose any details?
post #1240 of 1462

to me SE is nearly identical to balanced. maybe balanced have a little bit more dynamics than SE

post #1241 of 1462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post
 

Mine is an original mk2 from late 2012.

 

Any idea why it does not work on yours? I'd like to upgrade mine so gathering facts. Have you asked PS why not on yours?

post #1242 of 1462

Because it's still in beta?  When I reported the LCD problem they said I wasn't alone.

post #1243 of 1462
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post
 

I just upgrade to 2.4.1 over the weekend from 2.0.3, I have no issues with the upgrade and I will need sometime to compare which one I prefer but 2.4.1 definitely better than 2.2.x I tried.

 

 

When you cycle through "filter" or "phase" do you hear clicking from within the PWDII or no? New to this device so not sure what behaviour it is supposed to exhibit.

post #1244 of 1462
Hi George, clicking during filter/phase/resolution is normal - those are muting relays clicking to make your speakers safe from noises/pops.
post #1245 of 1462

Think he asked because when I went 2.4 the screen changed but the relays never fired.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite