or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite - Page 81

post #1201 of 1567
I wish. I would love to try this.
post #1202 of 1567

I find it strange they are willing to mess around with the software for the DAC, but they won't lift a finger to fix eLyric. (FYI I hate jRiver, it has far too many options and won't quit crashing long enough for me to figure it out). 

post #1203 of 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac0r View Post

With 2.4.0/2.4.1 also pwd mkii (upgraded from original PWD) exhibits the same behavior.

Yes, it is the upgraded PWD's which have the problem with making odd noises.

post #1204 of 1567

Hi Folks,

 

I've more recently joined the club with an upgraded PWD1->2. Firmware rolling times now. I'm down to 2.0.3 so will let it settle for a couple of days before I decide going back.

 

Couple of questions:

- what's that latest firmware then that works with upgraded PWD1s

- how does one download the firmware. I've tried the 2.2.0 page on the PS Audio website, but there's no link whatsoever there... Just an image with no hyperlinks. This is with all the firmware. It's way late here (4:15am) so maybe I'm just too tired, but hope someone can help.

 

 

 


Edited by negura - 8/9/13 at 8:16pm
post #1205 of 1567

The page folder over is the download link.

post #1206 of 1567

There are no download links there whatsoever. Just a png image and text... Can anyone check that page and confirm if they see a download link? Or would much appreciate if anyone can PM me or post the download link to the latest firmware here. I am looking for PLD109 or whatever the latest stable is.

post #1207 of 1567

You need to be logged in to download.

post #1208 of 1567

That is all while being logged in. So does it work for you? 

post #1209 of 1567

Yes.

post #1210 of 1567

Must be something wrong with my user account then.

 

Later edit: Thanks to Solude I am now at 2.2.0 PLD109. Having used 2.0.3 for a number of hours the latest does seem to sound more precise, accurate and actually cleaner. And this is what I prefer. Not sure what people were complaining about. Sounds like an improvement to me. I am using Filter 5 too, as I'm hearing more spark on the treble, but definetely not the sharp kind.


Edited by negura - 8/10/13 at 10:37am
post #1211 of 1567

The largest change was described as a reduced process time, read lower jitter.  Low jitter brings focus which I love but others don't.

post #1212 of 1567
Even if you log in you don't necessarily have a forum account. Email support and they will fix you up. I had the same problem downloading...
post #1213 of 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

The largest change was described as a reduced process time, read lower jitter.  Low jitter brings focus which I love but others don't.

What is the point of a high-end DAC having less than optimal SQ. Rhetorical question.

post #1214 of 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by negura View Post

Must be something wrong with my user account then.

 

Later edit: Thanks to Solude I am now at 2.2.0 PLD109. Having used 2.0.3 for a number of hours the latest does seem to sound more precise, accurate and actually cleaner. And this is what I prefer. Not sure what people were complaining about. Sounds like an improvement to me. I am using Filter 5 too, as I'm hearing more spark on the treble, but definetely not the sharp kind.


The 2.20 firmware you have is a new version.  It is the original that sounded horrid on some machines (including mine).  The new 2.20 is worlds apart from the original.

post #1215 of 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by setamp View Post


The 2.20 firmware you have is a new version.  It is the original that sounded horrid on some machines (including mine).  The new 2.20 is worlds apart from the original.

How do I tell which version of 2.20 is on mine?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite