Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite - Page 69

post #1021 of 1471
I use a Dodd battery powered tube buffer. It is a passive preamp with stepped attenuator and is excellent.
post #1022 of 1471

Whee bit out of the $500 range ;)  If it's for the F1J... passive would be hard to do.  10K input means a passive in the 1K range which aren't common.

 

You could buy fixed attenuators to bring the PWD2 into the 40+ range for pretty cheap.

post #1023 of 1471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

Whee bit out of the $500 range ;)  If it's for the F1J... passive would be hard to do.  10K input means a passive in the 1K range which aren't common.

 

You could buy fixed attenuators to bring the PWD2 into the 40+ range for pretty cheap.

 

Show a picture. 

post #1024 of 1471

post #1025 of 1471

Got one on the way from a fellow member! Can't wait to hear this thing. Also have a Stratus from Donald coming at the end of the month!

post #1026 of 1471

^Wow, that's a one-two punch!!!  Might be all that you "need".  Congrats on those.

 

I've been really loving my rig and having to force myself to go to sleep since I got the PWDII in and swapped the caps out in my Super 7.

 

Will check out the Stratus on the 17th, have heard it is fantastic...

Reply
post #1027 of 1471
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

Show a picture. 

 

post #1028 of 1471

Finally decided to bit the bullet and order the PWD mk2. They're having a sale now!

post #1029 of 1471
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkkopi View Post

Finally decided to bit the bullet and order the PWD mk2. They're having a sale now!

 

and you won't be disappointed. 

post #1030 of 1471

Does the PWD have a user selectable switch for 120V and 220V operation?

post #1031 of 1471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkkopi View Post

Finally decided to bit the bullet and order the PWD mk2. They're having a sale now!

Who has them on sale?

post #1032 of 1471
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

Who has them on sale?

Direct from PS Audio. It's $1000 off with free bridge but you got to trade in a DAC of any make/model/value.
Edited by Darkkopi - 2/15/13 at 9:30pm
post #1033 of 1471

Sorry, I don't see the sale, is it here? http://www.psaudio.com/shop/perfectwave-dac/

post #1034 of 1471
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull View Post

Sorry, I don't see the sale, is it here? http://www.psaudio.com/shop/perfectwave-dac/


Yes.

 

Trade in any DAC and save $1800 on a brand new PWD and Bridge combo, now through February 28, 2013.

post #1035 of 1471
New owner. For those of you using the Bridge, which is preferred - aiff or flac? Is there any discernible advantage to using aiff?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite