- 174 Posts. Joined 3/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot I+ or Little Dot MKIII Last post on 6/15/12 at 1:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK II - is the default gain the highest/loudest? Last post on 10/10/11 at 11:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- TubeMagic D1 - Enough to drive Ortho's? Last post on 9/19/11 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
What will you choose? Woo wa22 or rudistor RP010B mkII?post #1 of 115/16/10 at 8:59amThread StarterWhat will you choose? Woo wa22 or rudistor RP010B mkII Both is balance amp, one is tube and another is solid state. I will use it with my ED8 T1 and HD800 If you have to choose, which one will be the one you choose?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 115/16/10 at 3:13pm
well. one day when i'm fortunate enough to have some vacation time and can go to canjam, i'll listen to all those wonderful balanced amps.
until then, i will just dream about it...post #3 of 115/16/10 at 3:37pm
You have an HE-5LE, which needs a lot of power. I'd go with the Woo, which I've owned and found to drive *any* headphone to whatever volume you desire. However you should try to audition a balanced amp/source first, since there's absolutely no guarantee that you will get a better sound than out of a single-ended setup.post #4 of 117/31/10 at 7:51pm
It is not easy to compare them because they are very different products for different purposes. HD 800 or T1 with RP 010B for classical music, jazz or blues is absolutely best combination in the area of solids. Francis Lo (fkclo) from Hong Kong own both this amp and top tube amps so he can say you much more and detailed info. The review about RP 010B and HD 800 you can find here:
This king of solids is simply the best one in market. Woo audio 22 is perfect balanced amp, but it need comparing with Balancing act or B-52. The investment to RP 010B is always perfect investment to excellent top high end solid amp, simply said. So when you have money for it, this Rudi top product is the true decision for you. When you want excellent hybrid, then B-52. When you want pure tube toy, then Balancing act or Woo audio 22. All depends how much you want invest to them. For solids, Rudistor RPX 300 is excellent amp too.post #5 of 117/31/10 at 7:52pmpost #6 of 117/31/10 at 9:50pm
I own the RP010B MkII and I listen to the WA22 at CanJam in Chicago using my own recabled T1. IMO between those two I would take the RP010B. Now if you are talking about the WA5-LE then it is a much more difficult decision. Between then WA22 and the WA5-LE is a huge difference. Even that the WA22 is balanced and the WA5-LE is single ended the later is much more better. I actually fell in love with the sound of the WA5-LE to the point that I sold my Apache and ordered a fully upgraded WA5-LE that is shipping Monday.
IMO now I will own one of the best Solid State Amps and also Tubes. I am done upgrading amplifiers now.post #7 of 118/1/10 at 4:44ampost #8 of 118/1/10 at 11:08pmpost #9 of 118/2/10 at 9:56pmpost #10 of 118/2/10 at 10:25pm
I think in first hand we need say that we compare eggs with apples, with pears ... When we vote for same-type amps then it is ok, but for very different amps it is incorrect, it has no value for you. Rudistor RP 010B is king between solid amps, excellent amazing amp. Woo audo 22 is excellent balanced tube amp, which delivers you wonderful warm sound. I think it is better compare Woo audio 22 with Balancing act or B-52 then with Rudistor’s solid amp. This is my opinion. When you want top quality device, then the best idea is to have both Rudi and Woo audio tube amp (or other one). Then you have the greatest experience with headphones listening, you can compare, you can obtain different experiences during listening.
- What will you choose? Woo wa22 or rudistor RP010B mkII?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 25 seconds ago
- › TFZ Series 5 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › RAL Prophecy CryoSilver Reference DualConduit USB cable 1.25M 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord DAVE power supply sensitivity? 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 5 minutes ago
- › Turtle Beach® Elite Pro Tactical Audio Controller 6 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR) 8 minutes ago
- › Chinese CIEM and UIEM manufacturers 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...