- 174 Posts. Joined 3/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot I+ or Little Dot MKIII Last post on 6/15/12 at 1:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK II - is the default gain the highest/loudest? Last post on 10/10/11 at 11:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- TubeMagic D1 - Enough to drive Ortho's? Last post on 9/19/11 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
What will you choose? Woo wa22 or rudistor RP010B mkII?post #1 of 115/16/10 at 8:59amThread StarterWhat will you choose? Woo wa22 or rudistor RP010B mkII Both is balance amp, one is tube and another is solid state. I will use it with my ED8 T1 and HD800 If you have to choose, which one will be the one you choose?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 115/16/10 at 3:13pm
well. one day when i'm fortunate enough to have some vacation time and can go to canjam, i'll listen to all those wonderful balanced amps.
until then, i will just dream about it...post #3 of 115/16/10 at 3:37pm
You have an HE-5LE, which needs a lot of power. I'd go with the Woo, which I've owned and found to drive *any* headphone to whatever volume you desire. However you should try to audition a balanced amp/source first, since there's absolutely no guarantee that you will get a better sound than out of a single-ended setup.post #4 of 117/31/10 at 7:51pm
It is not easy to compare them because they are very different products for different purposes. HD 800 or T1 with RP 010B for classical music, jazz or blues is absolutely best combination in the area of solids. Francis Lo (fkclo) from Hong Kong own both this amp and top tube amps so he can say you much more and detailed info. The review about RP 010B and HD 800 you can find here:
This king of solids is simply the best one in market. Woo audio 22 is perfect balanced amp, but it need comparing with Balancing act or B-52. The investment to RP 010B is always perfect investment to excellent top high end solid amp, simply said. So when you have money for it, this Rudi top product is the true decision for you. When you want excellent hybrid, then B-52. When you want pure tube toy, then Balancing act or Woo audio 22. All depends how much you want invest to them. For solids, Rudistor RPX 300 is excellent amp too.post #5 of 117/31/10 at 7:52pmpost #6 of 117/31/10 at 9:50pm
I own the RP010B MkII and I listen to the WA22 at CanJam in Chicago using my own recabled T1. IMO between those two I would take the RP010B. Now if you are talking about the WA5-LE then it is a much more difficult decision. Between then WA22 and the WA5-LE is a huge difference. Even that the WA22 is balanced and the WA5-LE is single ended the later is much more better. I actually fell in love with the sound of the WA5-LE to the point that I sold my Apache and ordered a fully upgraded WA5-LE that is shipping Monday.
IMO now I will own one of the best Solid State Amps and also Tubes. I am done upgrading amplifiers now.post #7 of 118/1/10 at 4:44ampost #8 of 118/1/10 at 11:08pmpost #9 of 118/2/10 at 9:56pmpost #10 of 118/2/10 at 10:25pm
I think in first hand we need say that we compare eggs with apples, with pears ... When we vote for same-type amps then it is ok, but for very different amps it is incorrect, it has no value for you. Rudistor RP 010B is king between solid amps, excellent amazing amp. Woo audo 22 is excellent balanced tube amp, which delivers you wonderful warm sound. I think it is better compare Woo audio 22 with Balancing act or B-52 then with Rudistor’s solid amp. This is my opinion. When you want top quality device, then the best idea is to have both Rudi and Woo audio tube amp (or other one). Then you have the greatest experience with headphones listening, you can compare, you can obtain different experiences during listening.
- What will you choose? Woo wa22 or rudistor RP010B mkII?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › AK120ii and KSE1500 - Volume 21 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB50: All of your basses...all of them. 5 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › How to create M3U playlists for use on the X1, X3 and X5 from your... 6 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 7 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 8 minutes ago
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 8 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...