- 174 Posts. Joined 3/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot I+ or Little Dot MKIII Last post on 6/15/12 at 1:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK II - is the default gain the highest/loudest? Last post on 10/10/11 at 11:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- TubeMagic D1 - Enough to drive Ortho's? Last post on 9/19/11 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
These are, without a doubt, the best In Ear Monitors that I own / have owned. Let me say that I purchased the pink color because it was far less expensive, less than $40. I purchased my pair from...
I am penning down my opinion about the QLS QA360 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts...
What will you choose? Woo wa22 or rudistor RP010B mkII?post #1 of 115/16/10 at 8:59amThread StarterWhat will you choose? Woo wa22 or rudistor RP010B mkII Both is balance amp, one is tube and another is solid state. I will use it with my ED8 T1 and HD800 If you have to choose, which one will be the one you choose?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 115/16/10 at 3:13pm
well. one day when i'm fortunate enough to have some vacation time and can go to canjam, i'll listen to all those wonderful balanced amps.
until then, i will just dream about it...post #3 of 115/16/10 at 3:37pm
You have an HE-5LE, which needs a lot of power. I'd go with the Woo, which I've owned and found to drive *any* headphone to whatever volume you desire. However you should try to audition a balanced amp/source first, since there's absolutely no guarantee that you will get a better sound than out of a single-ended setup.post #4 of 117/31/10 at 7:51pm
It is not easy to compare them because they are very different products for different purposes. HD 800 or T1 with RP 010B for classical music, jazz or blues is absolutely best combination in the area of solids. Francis Lo (fkclo) from Hong Kong own both this amp and top tube amps so he can say you much more and detailed info. The review about RP 010B and HD 800 you can find here:
This king of solids is simply the best one in market. Woo audio 22 is perfect balanced amp, but it need comparing with Balancing act or B-52. The investment to RP 010B is always perfect investment to excellent top high end solid amp, simply said. So when you have money for it, this Rudi top product is the true decision for you. When you want excellent hybrid, then B-52. When you want pure tube toy, then Balancing act or Woo audio 22. All depends how much you want invest to them. For solids, Rudistor RPX 300 is excellent amp too.post #5 of 117/31/10 at 7:52pmpost #6 of 117/31/10 at 9:50pm
I own the RP010B MkII and I listen to the WA22 at CanJam in Chicago using my own recabled T1. IMO between those two I would take the RP010B. Now if you are talking about the WA5-LE then it is a much more difficult decision. Between then WA22 and the WA5-LE is a huge difference. Even that the WA22 is balanced and the WA5-LE is single ended the later is much more better. I actually fell in love with the sound of the WA5-LE to the point that I sold my Apache and ordered a fully upgraded WA5-LE that is shipping Monday.
IMO now I will own one of the best Solid State Amps and also Tubes. I am done upgrading amplifiers now.post #7 of 118/1/10 at 4:44ampost #8 of 118/1/10 at 11:08pmpost #9 of 118/2/10 at 9:56pmpost #10 of 118/2/10 at 10:25pm
I think in first hand we need say that we compare eggs with apples, with pears ... When we vote for same-type amps then it is ok, but for very different amps it is incorrect, it has no value for you. Rudistor RP 010B is king between solid amps, excellent amazing amp. Woo audo 22 is excellent balanced tube amp, which delivers you wonderful warm sound. I think it is better compare Woo audio 22 with Balancing act or B-52 then with Rudistor’s solid amp. This is my opinion. When you want top quality device, then the best idea is to have both Rudi and Woo audio tube amp (or other one). Then you have the greatest experience with headphones listening, you can compare, you can obtain different experiences during listening.
- What will you choose? Woo wa22 or rudistor RP010B mkII?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 17 seconds ago
- › The new Eddie Current 2A3x4 1 minute ago
- › DT880 + Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 STATICK NOISE!!! 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Speaker Owners 5 minutes ago
- › Vsonic GR06 Review 6 minutes ago
- › online music services- Do some have better quality than Spotify? 6 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by witygass
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones, Black by Nocturnal310
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)