- 174 Posts. Joined 3/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot I+ or Little Dot MKIII Last post on 6/15/12 at 1:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK II - is the default gain the highest/loudest? Last post on 10/10/11 at 11:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- TubeMagic D1 - Enough to drive Ortho's? Last post on 9/19/11 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
What will you choose? Woo wa22 or rudistor RP010B mkII?post #1 of 115/16/10 at 8:59amThread StarterWhat will you choose? Woo wa22 or rudistor RP010B mkII Both is balance amp, one is tube and another is solid state. I will use it with my ED8 T1 and HD800 If you have to choose, which one will be the one you choose?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 115/16/10 at 3:13pm
well. one day when i'm fortunate enough to have some vacation time and can go to canjam, i'll listen to all those wonderful balanced amps.
until then, i will just dream about it...post #3 of 115/16/10 at 3:37pm
You have an HE-5LE, which needs a lot of power. I'd go with the Woo, which I've owned and found to drive *any* headphone to whatever volume you desire. However you should try to audition a balanced amp/source first, since there's absolutely no guarantee that you will get a better sound than out of a single-ended setup.post #4 of 117/31/10 at 7:51pm
It is not easy to compare them because they are very different products for different purposes. HD 800 or T1 with RP 010B for classical music, jazz or blues is absolutely best combination in the area of solids. Francis Lo (fkclo) from Hong Kong own both this amp and top tube amps so he can say you much more and detailed info. The review about RP 010B and HD 800 you can find here:
This king of solids is simply the best one in market. Woo audio 22 is perfect balanced amp, but it need comparing with Balancing act or B-52. The investment to RP 010B is always perfect investment to excellent top high end solid amp, simply said. So when you have money for it, this Rudi top product is the true decision for you. When you want excellent hybrid, then B-52. When you want pure tube toy, then Balancing act or Woo audio 22. All depends how much you want invest to them. For solids, Rudistor RPX 300 is excellent amp too.post #5 of 117/31/10 at 7:52pmpost #6 of 117/31/10 at 9:50pm
I own the RP010B MkII and I listen to the WA22 at CanJam in Chicago using my own recabled T1. IMO between those two I would take the RP010B. Now if you are talking about the WA5-LE then it is a much more difficult decision. Between then WA22 and the WA5-LE is a huge difference. Even that the WA22 is balanced and the WA5-LE is single ended the later is much more better. I actually fell in love with the sound of the WA5-LE to the point that I sold my Apache and ordered a fully upgraded WA5-LE that is shipping Monday.
IMO now I will own one of the best Solid State Amps and also Tubes. I am done upgrading amplifiers now.post #7 of 118/1/10 at 4:44ampost #8 of 118/1/10 at 11:08pmpost #9 of 118/2/10 at 9:56pmpost #10 of 118/2/10 at 10:25pm
I think in first hand we need say that we compare eggs with apples, with pears ... When we vote for same-type amps then it is ok, but for very different amps it is incorrect, it has no value for you. Rudistor RP 010B is king between solid amps, excellent amazing amp. Woo audo 22 is excellent balanced tube amp, which delivers you wonderful warm sound. I think it is better compare Woo audio 22 with Balancing act or B-52 then with Rudistor’s solid amp. This is my opinion. When you want top quality device, then the best idea is to have both Rudi and Woo audio tube amp (or other one). Then you have the greatest experience with headphones listening, you can compare, you can obtain different experiences during listening.
- What will you choose? Woo wa22 or rudistor RP010B mkII?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 53 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Win BoomPro to Transform you ordinary headphone into a pro... 4 minutes ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 5 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2