- 174 Posts. Joined 3/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot I+ or Little Dot MKIII Last post on 6/15/12 at 1:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK II - is the default gain the highest/loudest? Last post on 10/10/11 at 11:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- TubeMagic D1 - Enough to drive Ortho's? Last post on 9/19/11 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
HIFIMAN MegaMini review Oct 2016 INTRO I have been in the hunt for a smaller on the go dap for a while now without compromising on the sound in a world where players seem to be...
This is a review for the Little Dot MK2 headphone amplifier so I hope you all enjoy it. This is my first review and it's going to start off really well as this is an amazing product. YouTube...
Welcome to my first review DanaCable Lazuli SH HP Cable versus Moon Audio Black Dragon HD800 HP Cable Preliminaries I tend to hear subtle...
Preamble: I have a set of around 30 – 40 tracks all in the FLAC from varying genres that I use as my test reference playlist. I try to cover as many genres and stick to recordings that have good...
At the time this review was written, the Earsonics S-EM9 was listed for sale on Musicteck’s online store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
What will you choose? Woo wa22 or rudistor RP010B mkII?post #1 of 115/16/10 at 8:59amThread StarterWhat will you choose? Woo wa22 or rudistor RP010B mkII Both is balance amp, one is tube and another is solid state. I will use it with my ED8 T1 and HD800 If you have to choose, which one will be the one you choose?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 115/16/10 at 3:13pm
well. one day when i'm fortunate enough to have some vacation time and can go to canjam, i'll listen to all those wonderful balanced amps.
until then, i will just dream about it...post #3 of 115/16/10 at 3:37pm
You have an HE-5LE, which needs a lot of power. I'd go with the Woo, which I've owned and found to drive *any* headphone to whatever volume you desire. However you should try to audition a balanced amp/source first, since there's absolutely no guarantee that you will get a better sound than out of a single-ended setup.post #4 of 117/31/10 at 7:51pm
It is not easy to compare them because they are very different products for different purposes. HD 800 or T1 with RP 010B for classical music, jazz or blues is absolutely best combination in the area of solids. Francis Lo (fkclo) from Hong Kong own both this amp and top tube amps so he can say you much more and detailed info. The review about RP 010B and HD 800 you can find here:
This king of solids is simply the best one in market. Woo audio 22 is perfect balanced amp, but it need comparing with Balancing act or B-52. The investment to RP 010B is always perfect investment to excellent top high end solid amp, simply said. So when you have money for it, this Rudi top product is the true decision for you. When you want excellent hybrid, then B-52. When you want pure tube toy, then Balancing act or Woo audio 22. All depends how much you want invest to them. For solids, Rudistor RPX 300 is excellent amp too.post #5 of 117/31/10 at 7:52pmpost #6 of 117/31/10 at 9:50pm
I own the RP010B MkII and I listen to the WA22 at CanJam in Chicago using my own recabled T1. IMO between those two I would take the RP010B. Now if you are talking about the WA5-LE then it is a much more difficult decision. Between then WA22 and the WA5-LE is a huge difference. Even that the WA22 is balanced and the WA5-LE is single ended the later is much more better. I actually fell in love with the sound of the WA5-LE to the point that I sold my Apache and ordered a fully upgraded WA5-LE that is shipping Monday.
IMO now I will own one of the best Solid State Amps and also Tubes. I am done upgrading amplifiers now.post #7 of 118/1/10 at 4:44ampost #8 of 118/1/10 at 11:08pmpost #9 of 118/2/10 at 9:56pmpost #10 of 118/2/10 at 10:25pm
I think in first hand we need say that we compare eggs with apples, with pears ... When we vote for same-type amps then it is ok, but for very different amps it is incorrect, it has no value for you. Rudistor RP 010B is king between solid amps, excellent amazing amp. Woo audo 22 is excellent balanced tube amp, which delivers you wonderful warm sound. I think it is better compare Woo audio 22 with Balancing act or B-52 then with Rudistor’s solid amp. This is my opinion. When you want top quality device, then the best idea is to have both Rudi and Woo audio tube amp (or other one). Then you have the greatest experience with headphones listening, you can compare, you can obtain different experiences during listening.
- What will you choose? Woo wa22 or rudistor RP010B mkII?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 37 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF Atticus and Eikon: Official Announcement and Give-away 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Wizard Savanna Giveaway! 3 minutes ago
- › Apogee Groove Mint Condition 4 minutes ago
- › Why do we pay $300 for headphones that cost $30 to manufacture? 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by FortisFlyer75
- › Little Dot MK II by hifimanguy
- › Danacable Lazuli SH for Sennheiser HD800 / 800S by FLTWS
- › PSB M4U 4 by Krisman
- › Earsonics - S-EM9 in-ear Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...