That's just really, really weird. It sounds like an issue with the on/off switch, I guess? I'm assuming you're not using faulty batteries, of course.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Just got Westone 2's. Portable amp? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Reasonably Priced Portable Amp..? Last post on 8/20/11 at 10:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- do i really need an amp? Last post on 6/9/12 at 11:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
TTPOD T1E Review Background Be using me Fiio X3 for this review ......fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' IEM .....housing is big but could be a problem for some with the...
The PM3 is Oppo's 3rd headphone offering, a closed back planar magnetic. Thank you to @Jiffy Squid and Oppo for allowing us Head-fiers to audition these at the comfort of our own home and time,...
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
The PA2V2 Thread - Page 6post #76 of 71910/19/10 at 10:21pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #77 of 71910/19/10 at 10:29pm
i thought maybe the batteries were crap, so i bought a brand new pair and am still having the same issue with the new ones.
if the batteries in this amp should provide around 100 hours of play time(which is what i read they should last), then they should definitely provide more than 2 days of standby time. it is literally dead after two days of just sitting on the shelf. if i use it one night with fresh fully charged batteries then put it away on the shelf it will be dead when i go to use it again 2 nights later.
gary's best guess was also a bad switch that was letting current still get through. it's just strange to me that it dies in about 48 hours or so. how can it be drawing so much power in the off position. if it really should last 100 hours or so per charge then it dying in about 48 is just crazy.
what i do know is that the PA2V2 is one powerful beast. it can drive these Sony XB500's to deafening levels, and the gain knobs inside the amp are still set for low impedance/high sensitivity IEM's. at the 1 o'clock position i can actually start to feel the bass try to push air past the giant pillow like ear pads. gotta be careful with this combination.
Edited by jasonb - 10/19/10 at 10:36pmpost #78 of 71910/19/10 at 11:08pm
Have you considered sending it back to him for repairs? I feel bummed for you, man.
And yeah, it's plenty powerful where volume is concerned--I don't think anyone in their right mind would dispute that. Go easy on your ears!post #79 of 71910/19/10 at 11:13pmQuote:
i emailed gary letting him know what the issue was, and he said he'd send me a new one and pay for me to ship the old one back to him. if he had asked me to send it in for repair i would have done so. im just doing it the way he suggested. he is a super nice guy. very easy to deal with and very helpful.post #80 of 71910/19/10 at 11:23pmpost #81 of 71910/29/10 at 8:41pmpost #82 of 71911/12/10 at 7:12pmpost #83 of 71911/12/10 at 7:19pmpost #84 of 71911/13/10 at 12:41pmpost #85 of 71911/16/10 at 10:32pmpost #86 of 71911/18/10 at 12:19pmpost #87 of 71911/18/10 at 6:08pm
the HD280 is 64ohm, the HD650 is 300 ohm. that's almost 5 times the impedance. i would imagine that the 650 is a lot harder to drive. i'll hopefully find out early next week when i get my 650's.
post #88 of 71911/19/10 at 10:50am
Cool, did not realize there was a PA2V2 appreciation thread until today. I've had mine for 2 months now and an incredibly happy with it. I upgraded from a FIIO E5 which I used for about a year before stumbling upon a recommendation to Gary's amp. Wow, huge difference, no comparison to the E5. It is being used with my 160GB ipod with line out cable and ATH-M50's. I've also used them with ATH-M30's, porta pros, and a variety of other earbuds. This amp has made all my headphones sound better.post #89 of 71911/19/10 at 11:35amQuote:
It doesn't do much with my 880s. I suspect the HD650s need a lot more power.post #90 of 71912/2/10 at 5:25pm
Help me out please
I have these 2 IEM's
RE-252 (16 OHM)
RE-262 (150 OHM)
would a PA2V2 work fine for both , being of different sensitivity ?
I am either going for this one or a mcoy v2.2
what do you think will work best with these 2 IEM's ?
- The PA2V2 Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Music Game IX 7 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › DSD recordings 4 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › [AUS] Matrix M-Stage HPA-2 (USB) - As New 6 minutes ago
- › NRB Mod... Nut Rattlin Bass from an Ety?!? Yes, Yes, YES!!! [How... 9 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 11 minutes ago
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2