I played a little with the gain screws. I have mine set at minimum, this gives me the most control with my sensitive RE0s. The combo iPod (LOD) + PA2V2 + RE0 sounds very good!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Just got Westone 2's. Portable amp? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Reasonably Priced Portable Amp..? Last post on 8/20/11 at 10:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- do i really need an amp? Last post on 8/26/15 at 7:49am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
The PA2V2 Thread - Page 5post #61 of 73310/11/10 at 3:31am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 73310/11/10 at 1:04pmQuote:
I'd be interested to see where the minimum setting actually is. What I've experienced is that the scews just seem to be able to rotate and that there is no stop point.
post #63 of 73310/11/10 at 1:12pmpost #64 of 73310/12/10 at 1:51pmQuote:
With my very poor technical skills I probably lost control of the screwdriver. Anyway, it's working well at the moment so I won't try to tweak it any further.
post #65 of 73310/12/10 at 4:23pm
i have been having issues using my PA2V2 with my smartphone, thankfully i have an update.
i talked to my dad who is also an electrical engineer. he gave me the idea to simply shield it myself. he told me to take the guts and put it into a shielded enclosure. instead i simply took some adhesive backed aluminum tape and lined the whole inside of the PA2V2. i lined the whole inside other than the front faceplate where the knob and jacks are. it is now dead silent over wifi and is much quieter over 3G. my main goal was to make it usable over wifi because whenever i am home i have my phone connected to my home network. i don't plan to walk around using the PA2V2, it's going to be my home amp. i wonder if i cover the inside of the front faceplate if that will improve it even further over 3g.
anyway, i'm glad that it is now usable with my phone over wifi. rockin out to some live Joe Satriani on my HTC Incredible---->PA2V2---->Brainwavz M2's right now.
the M2's don't NEED amping, but it definitely takes them to a whole different level. more dynamic and open sounding with better sound staging. next step is to find a pair of cans i like, so i can make the M2's my on the go phones and have a nice big set of cans for home use. my dad just got a pair of HD280 Pro's which i think sound pretty good, better than my HD205's.post #66 of 73310/12/10 at 4:51pmpost #67 of 73310/12/10 at 4:53pmQuote:
will do shortly... whenever i can stop listening to it.
got some pix:
Edited by jasonb - 10/12/10 at 6:24pmpost #68 of 73310/13/10 at 1:37ampost #69 of 73310/13/10 at 5:07ampost #70 of 73310/16/10 at 6:32pm
i have what seems like a strange issue with my PA2V2.
i charged a brand new pair of rechargeable batteries in an external charger for 24 hours, stuck them into the amp, used the amp one night for a couple hours, turned it off and stuck it on the shelf, then went to use it again a couple nights later and it was completely dead. why would the batteries die within 48 hours with the amp just sitting on a shelf with the switch in the off position?
not to be a jerk, but this thing has been nothing but problems since i got it.post #71 of 73310/16/10 at 10:39pmpost #72 of 73310/17/10 at 4:22pmQuote:
yea, i did. i was just curious to see if anybody else had this issue.post #73 of 73310/19/10 at 8:41pmpost #74 of 73310/19/10 at 9:47pmpost #75 of 73310/19/10 at 10:10pm
no, Gary sent me a replacement amp. it still works, it just dies way to quick so i have to keep taking it apart to put freshly charged batteries in. it's draining at such a high rate that charging it with the supplied charger does nothing at all. it still works and sounds good though.
- The PA2V2 Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 5 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 20 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 25 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 26 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 52 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...