Hmm, the PA2V2 didn't seem to do much with my DT880...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Just got Westone 2's. Portable amp? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Reasonably Priced Portable Amp..? Last post on 8/20/11 at 10:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- do i really need an amp? Last post on 8/26/15 at 7:49am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
*I am reviewing the Meze 99 Classics as a condition of the recent tour conducted by the fine folks at Meze. The following is simply my honest impressions. Introduction and Initial...
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
DISCLAIMER I am in no way associated with the SoundMAGIC company. I have bought ES18 myself and just expressing my honest opinion here. ABOUT ME I am a 25 years old music enthusiast...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I've had the pleasure of listening to most of DUNU Topsound's hybrid earphones (DN1000, 2000...
The PA2V2 Thread - Page 4post #46 of 73310/8/10 at 3:19am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 73310/8/10 at 3:48am
Considering that the HD 25s are a precursor to the HD280s I can understand why you are so happy about the improvements. I'd be interested to see where you've set the gain screws.post #48 of 73310/8/10 at 5:09ampost #49 of 73310/8/10 at 7:20ampost #50 of 73310/8/10 at 7:50ampost #51 of 73310/8/10 at 8:02amQuote:
The PA2V2 is far better than the E5. As soon as I got my PA2V2, I found a buyer for my E5.post #52 of 73310/9/10 at 5:25pm
Looks like yours are in the same position as mine, possibly a bit higher. Many thanks for the pix which I am sure will help other PA2V2 owners.
post #53 of 73310/9/10 at 5:41pmpost #54 of 73310/9/10 at 7:30pm
is there anyway to stop the interference between the amp and my cell phone?
it's usable on wifi, but when on 3G it's not usable at all. it sounds great, but i like to stream music and there is a lot of noise from wifi and 3G.
Edit: the E5 has the same interference as the PA2V2. i get no noise whatsoever when i plug my headphones directly into my source. so it is the cable or the amps themselves?
Edited by jasonb - 10/9/10 at 8:19pmpost #55 of 73310/10/10 at 5:41ampost #56 of 73310/10/10 at 5:46ampost #57 of 73310/10/10 at 6:37amQuote:
I'm assuming that what I circled here are the gain screws......
My PA2V2 is an older one, Feb. 2006, and it does not appear to have these.
So I guess it's a good thing I am not using IEM's.post #58 of 73310/10/10 at 8:57amQuote:
Right you are. I'm sure you could email Gary to ask about your version, though.
No problem, just happy to help!post #59 of 73310/10/10 at 4:18pm
I watch this thread and wonder if the PA2v2 isn't the longest running amp in its current version. Also, I wonder if Gary will ever create a PA2v3 or why he hasn't become a member of Head-Fi...or has he???
I'm amazed at the number of these amps made.post #60 of 73310/10/10 at 10:26pm
I just ordered mine a couple hours ago, and it will ship tomorrow! I also must hail the quick response and admirable customer service of Gary, he offered to adjust the gain to suit my (relatively) low impedance headphones. (taps foot very impatiently...this will be a long week)
Edited by ElectroGeek007 - 10/10/10 at 10:28pm
- The PA2V2 Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 1 minute ago
- › Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Tube Rolling - Japanese NOS 3 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 5 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 5 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 6 minutes ago
- › How does the Warranty work in the US, legally speaking? Can a... 6 minutes ago
- › WTB: Cardas A8 6 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...