Hmm, the PA2V2 didn't seem to do much with my DT880...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Just got Westone 2's. Portable amp? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Reasonably Priced Portable Amp..? Last post on 8/20/11 at 10:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- do i really need an amp? Last post on 6/9/12 at 11:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
First off I want to apologize for taking so long to get this review put together. Circumstances and family responsibility have conspired against me this year in regards to being able put together a...
The Elecom LBT-PAR500AV was purchased by me on Ebay. I’m not in any way affiliated with Elecom. The price was about $50 when I bought it. About me: I’m a 42 year old music...
The PA2V2 Thread - Page 4post #46 of 72710/8/10 at 3:19am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 72710/8/10 at 3:48am
Considering that the HD 25s are a precursor to the HD280s I can understand why you are so happy about the improvements. I'd be interested to see where you've set the gain screws.post #48 of 72710/8/10 at 5:09ampost #49 of 72710/8/10 at 7:20ampost #50 of 72710/8/10 at 7:50ampost #51 of 72710/8/10 at 8:02amQuote:
The PA2V2 is far better than the E5. As soon as I got my PA2V2, I found a buyer for my E5.post #52 of 72710/9/10 at 5:25pm
Looks like yours are in the same position as mine, possibly a bit higher. Many thanks for the pix which I am sure will help other PA2V2 owners.
post #53 of 72710/9/10 at 5:41pmpost #54 of 72710/9/10 at 7:30pm
is there anyway to stop the interference between the amp and my cell phone?
it's usable on wifi, but when on 3G it's not usable at all. it sounds great, but i like to stream music and there is a lot of noise from wifi and 3G.
Edit: the E5 has the same interference as the PA2V2. i get no noise whatsoever when i plug my headphones directly into my source. so it is the cable or the amps themselves?
Edited by jasonb - 10/9/10 at 8:19pmpost #55 of 72710/10/10 at 5:41ampost #56 of 72710/10/10 at 5:46ampost #57 of 72710/10/10 at 6:37amQuote:
I'm assuming that what I circled here are the gain screws......
My PA2V2 is an older one, Feb. 2006, and it does not appear to have these.
So I guess it's a good thing I am not using IEM's.post #58 of 72710/10/10 at 8:57amQuote:
Right you are. I'm sure you could email Gary to ask about your version, though.
No problem, just happy to help!post #59 of 72710/10/10 at 4:18pm
I watch this thread and wonder if the PA2v2 isn't the longest running amp in its current version. Also, I wonder if Gary will ever create a PA2v3 or why he hasn't become a member of Head-Fi...or has he???
I'm amazed at the number of these amps made.post #60 of 72710/10/10 at 10:26pm
I just ordered mine a couple hours ago, and it will ship tomorrow! I also must hail the quick response and admirable customer service of Gary, he offered to adjust the gain to suit my (relatively) low impedance headphones. (taps foot very impatiently...this will be a long week)
Edited by ElectroGeek007 - 10/10/10 at 10:28pm
- The PA2V2 Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › AKG new headphone K545? 37 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 44 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Does a headphone amp change the linearity of a sound card's... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 5 minutes ago
- › WTB/WTT: Fostex T10 / T20v1 / T20v2 6 minutes ago
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3