I didn't see this as having been made already, so here it is! My PA2V2 was my first foray into the world of portable amps (and I'm sure it was for quite a few others as well) from the minimalist design of the little black box with it's red faceplate, to it's (my experience) slightly warm coloring, to the PHENOMENAL customer service of one Gary Ali, the PA2V2 cut the teeth for a lot of "Ampers" And in this thread, I felt, we should show it a little love.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Just got Westone 2's. Portable amp? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Reasonably Priced Portable Amp..? Last post on 8/20/11 at 10:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- do i really need an amp? Last post on 6/9/12 at 11:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
This is not a review, just my simple impression of Grado SR80e. I purchased SR80e and listened to them... what a hell is going on...lol..at this price point...sounds great...I am now a fan boy of...
Aune B1 portable headphone amplifier Review [[SPOILER]] Intro: Focusing on achieving high quality sound at a competitive price point while utilizing premium materials and uniquely eye-catching...
Ok i'll just jump straight to the point, should you buy this? Absolutely Not . Here's why; - It's a screen-less shuffle style player, obviously not intended to compete with the screened DAP...
The PA2V2 Threadpost #1 of 7235/15/10 at 10:16pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 7235/16/10 at 5:57ampost #3 of 7235/16/10 at 6:51am
Yup, it was my introduction into portable amps too. I used mine primarily for gym use where I amped a minidisc player. I actually walked around with this:
I made custom "clips" from 16 gauge sheet metal.
The Shure E4Pro was my IEM.
A closer look:
Gary's personal touch:
Crossfeed anyone??post #4 of 7235/16/10 at 7:02am
I've had mine since December. Coupled with my Sansa Clip v1 and current headphones, a winning combo.
The PAV2 represemts the best value for money, I think.
Being an audiphle, my current headphones DO leave alot to be desired, but for the money NO COMPLAINTS.
Having tried my current headphones with and without the PAV2, there is a BIG difference.
Listening to a recent Chamber Music cd this morning on the way to work really surprized me. I could believe the sense of colour and articulation I heard from this recording.
The current headphones are a pair of cheap Magnavox MPH1100's I paid $10. This level of refinement can only be due to the PAV2.
For pop music, I listen to mostly '80's stuff (First generation cd's where possible) The PAV2 REALLY gets the bottom end going on these headphones. I can really feal the drivers flapping.
The ONLY thing these headphones is a nasty H/F glare and these headphones will be changed shortly to a pair of budget Shure over the ear headsets.
This can only bring out the true potential of the PAV2.
At some point, IF I get rich, I plan to buy a pair of the Stax portable electrostats. This would truly bring out the PAV2's potential.
For my first headphone amp, I have NOTHING but praise for it and it's designer Gary Ali.
Hopefully this provides some insight from a 30 year + audiophile who is now getting into decent sounding portable audiopost #5 of 7235/20/10 at 9:02pm
I just ordered the PA2V2 from Gary. Very nice man indeed. I have a Clip+, and also just ordered the Hippo VB's. Really looking forward to receiving them.
GreatDane, love the case. I was trying to think of something to do for a case myself.post #6 of 7235/20/10 at 10:00pmpost #7 of 7235/21/10 at 1:09ampost #8 of 7235/21/10 at 1:37ampost #9 of 7235/21/10 at 10:53ampost #10 of 7235/21/10 at 9:46pm
I love mine and Gary is the perfect gentleman. It powers my K701's perfectly and also really increases the already great enjoyment I get from my Denon C700's.
I use mine with a Barqy LOD but am awaiting an ebay bargin of a qables silvercab pro in mint condition I just won for $46!post #11 of 7235/21/10 at 10:49pmpost #12 of 7235/22/10 at 12:44pm
I have owned two, one in mid 2005 being my first portable amp. Bought the second PA2V2 about two months ago and it sounds as good as I remembered. Gary's service is fantastic.post #13 of 7235/22/10 at 4:58pmpost #14 of 7235/26/10 at 4:01pmpost #15 of 7235/26/10 at 5:28pm
Bought mine back in '06 and have loved everything about it from the way it works and sounds, down to Gary's phenomenal customer service in the initial ordering phase, packing phase and follow-up.
- The PA2V2 Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Looking For Headphones $400 And Under 2 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 25 seconds ago
- › Gustard DAC-X12 SPDIF lost lock 32 seconds ago
- › Ignore This Thread 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › FS Creative Soundblaster ZxR Soundcard 1 minute ago
- › Under 800$, closed back, good for metal recommandations 2 minutes ago
- › Finding open headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Apple Touch 5G thread. 3 minutes ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2