That's just really, really weird. It sounds like an issue with the on/off switch, I guess? I'm assuming you're not using faulty batteries, of course.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Just got Westone 2's. Portable amp? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Reasonably Priced Portable Amp..? Last post on 8/20/11 at 10:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- do i really need an amp? Last post on 6/9/12 at 11:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
The PA2V2 Appreciation Thread - Page 6post #76 of 71710/19/10 at 10:21pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #77 of 71710/19/10 at 10:29pm
i thought maybe the batteries were crap, so i bought a brand new pair and am still having the same issue with the new ones.
if the batteries in this amp should provide around 100 hours of play time(which is what i read they should last), then they should definitely provide more than 2 days of standby time. it is literally dead after two days of just sitting on the shelf. if i use it one night with fresh fully charged batteries then put it away on the shelf it will be dead when i go to use it again 2 nights later.
gary's best guess was also a bad switch that was letting current still get through. it's just strange to me that it dies in about 48 hours or so. how can it be drawing so much power in the off position. if it really should last 100 hours or so per charge then it dying in about 48 is just crazy.
what i do know is that the PA2V2 is one powerful beast. it can drive these Sony XB500's to deafening levels, and the gain knobs inside the amp are still set for low impedance/high sensitivity IEM's. at the 1 o'clock position i can actually start to feel the bass try to push air past the giant pillow like ear pads. gotta be careful with this combination.
Edited by jasonb - 10/19/10 at 10:36pmpost #78 of 71710/19/10 at 11:08pm
Have you considered sending it back to him for repairs? I feel bummed for you, man.
And yeah, it's plenty powerful where volume is concerned--I don't think anyone in their right mind would dispute that. Go easy on your ears!post #79 of 71710/19/10 at 11:13pmQuote:
i emailed gary letting him know what the issue was, and he said he'd send me a new one and pay for me to ship the old one back to him. if he had asked me to send it in for repair i would have done so. im just doing it the way he suggested. he is a super nice guy. very easy to deal with and very helpful.post #80 of 71710/19/10 at 11:23pmpost #81 of 71710/29/10 at 8:41pmpost #82 of 71711/12/10 at 7:12pmpost #83 of 71711/12/10 at 7:19pmpost #84 of 71711/13/10 at 12:41pmpost #85 of 71711/16/10 at 10:32pmpost #86 of 71711/18/10 at 12:19pmpost #87 of 71711/18/10 at 6:08pm
the HD280 is 64ohm, the HD650 is 300 ohm. that's almost 5 times the impedance. i would imagine that the 650 is a lot harder to drive. i'll hopefully find out early next week when i get my 650's.
post #88 of 71711/19/10 at 10:50am
Cool, did not realize there was a PA2V2 appreciation thread until today. I've had mine for 2 months now and an incredibly happy with it. I upgraded from a FIIO E5 which I used for about a year before stumbling upon a recommendation to Gary's amp. Wow, huge difference, no comparison to the E5. It is being used with my 160GB ipod with line out cable and ATH-M50's. I've also used them with ATH-M30's, porta pros, and a variety of other earbuds. This amp has made all my headphones sound better.post #89 of 71711/19/10 at 11:35amQuote:
It doesn't do much with my 880s. I suspect the HD650s need a lot more power.post #90 of 71712/2/10 at 5:25pm
Help me out please
I have these 2 IEM's
RE-252 (16 OHM)
RE-262 (150 OHM)
would a PA2V2 work fine for both , being of different sensitivity ?
I am either going for this one or a mcoy v2.2
what do you think will work best with these 2 IEM's ?
- The PA2V2 Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 4 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 34 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Competition Closed...but what is in the Retro – Stereo 50? 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze Robbed of LCD Series Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › QLS QA360: Another DSD-capable DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr & Lyr 2 Tube Compatibility List 5 minutes ago
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2