That's just really, really weird. It sounds like an issue with the on/off switch, I guess? I'm assuming you're not using faulty batteries, of course.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Just got Westone 2's. Portable amp? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Reasonably Priced Portable Amp..? Last post on 8/20/11 at 10:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- do i really need an amp? Last post on 6/9/12 at 11:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
The PA2V2 Appreciation Thread - Page 6post #76 of 67410/19/10 at 10:21pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #77 of 67410/19/10 at 10:29pm
i thought maybe the batteries were crap, so i bought a brand new pair and am still having the same issue with the new ones.
if the batteries in this amp should provide around 100 hours of play time(which is what i read they should last), then they should definitely provide more than 2 days of standby time. it is literally dead after two days of just sitting on the shelf. if i use it one night with fresh fully charged batteries then put it away on the shelf it will be dead when i go to use it again 2 nights later.
gary's best guess was also a bad switch that was letting current still get through. it's just strange to me that it dies in about 48 hours or so. how can it be drawing so much power in the off position. if it really should last 100 hours or so per charge then it dying in about 48 is just crazy.
what i do know is that the PA2V2 is one powerful beast. it can drive these Sony XB500's to deafening levels, and the gain knobs inside the amp are still set for low impedance/high sensitivity IEM's. at the 1 o'clock position i can actually start to feel the bass try to push air past the giant pillow like ear pads. gotta be careful with this combination.
Edited by jasonb - 10/19/10 at 10:36pmpost #78 of 67410/19/10 at 11:08pm
Have you considered sending it back to him for repairs? I feel bummed for you, man.
And yeah, it's plenty powerful where volume is concerned--I don't think anyone in their right mind would dispute that. Go easy on your ears!post #79 of 67410/19/10 at 11:13pmQuote:
i emailed gary letting him know what the issue was, and he said he'd send me a new one and pay for me to ship the old one back to him. if he had asked me to send it in for repair i would have done so. im just doing it the way he suggested. he is a super nice guy. very easy to deal with and very helpful.post #80 of 67410/19/10 at 11:23pmpost #81 of 67410/29/10 at 8:41pmpost #82 of 67411/12/10 at 7:12pmpost #83 of 67411/12/10 at 7:19pmpost #84 of 67411/13/10 at 12:41pmpost #85 of 67411/16/10 at 10:32pmpost #86 of 67411/18/10 at 12:19pmpost #87 of 67411/18/10 at 6:08pm
the HD280 is 64ohm, the HD650 is 300 ohm. that's almost 5 times the impedance. i would imagine that the 650 is a lot harder to drive. i'll hopefully find out early next week when i get my 650's.
post #88 of 67411/19/10 at 10:50am
Cool, did not realize there was a PA2V2 appreciation thread until today. I've had mine for 2 months now and an incredibly happy with it. I upgraded from a FIIO E5 which I used for about a year before stumbling upon a recommendation to Gary's amp. Wow, huge difference, no comparison to the E5. It is being used with my 160GB ipod with line out cable and ATH-M50's. I've also used them with ATH-M30's, porta pros, and a variety of other earbuds. This amp has made all my headphones sound better.post #89 of 67411/19/10 at 11:35amQuote:
It doesn't do much with my 880s. I suspect the HD650s need a lot more power.post #90 of 67412/2/10 at 5:25pm
Help me out please
I have these 2 IEM's
RE-252 (16 OHM)
RE-262 (150 OHM)
would a PA2V2 work fine for both , being of different sensitivity ?
I am either going for this one or a mcoy v2.2
what do you think will work best with these 2 IEM's ?
- The PA2V2 Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Review: InEar StageDiver Series just now
- › Bottlehead Crack with Speedball and output caps upgrade 55 seconds ago
- › M50, HD558/598/Momentum or other (and possibly amp?) 1 minute ago
- › DT 880 Recable Help 2 minutes ago
- › DigiZoid ZO3 Updates & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for a new closed headphones - HD600/Mad Dogs & HD700/?? 5 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps 5 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2, plus comparisons (Added ER4S) 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 7 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital