I played a little with the gain screws. I have mine set at minimum, this gives me the most control with my sensitive RE0s. The combo iPod (LOD) + PA2V2 + RE0 sounds very good!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Just got Westone 2's. Portable amp? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Reasonably Priced Portable Amp..? Last post on 8/20/11 at 10:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- do i really need an amp? Last post on 6/9/12 at 11:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company...
The PA2V2 Appreciation Thread - Page 5post #61 of 70910/11/10 at 3:31am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 70910/11/10 at 1:04pmQuote:
I'd be interested to see where the minimum setting actually is. What I've experienced is that the scews just seem to be able to rotate and that there is no stop point.
post #63 of 70910/11/10 at 1:12pmpost #64 of 70910/12/10 at 1:51pmQuote:
With my very poor technical skills I probably lost control of the screwdriver. Anyway, it's working well at the moment so I won't try to tweak it any further.
post #65 of 70910/12/10 at 4:23pm
i have been having issues using my PA2V2 with my smartphone, thankfully i have an update.
i talked to my dad who is also an electrical engineer. he gave me the idea to simply shield it myself. he told me to take the guts and put it into a shielded enclosure. instead i simply took some adhesive backed aluminum tape and lined the whole inside of the PA2V2. i lined the whole inside other than the front faceplate where the knob and jacks are. it is now dead silent over wifi and is much quieter over 3G. my main goal was to make it usable over wifi because whenever i am home i have my phone connected to my home network. i don't plan to walk around using the PA2V2, it's going to be my home amp. i wonder if i cover the inside of the front faceplate if that will improve it even further over 3g.
anyway, i'm glad that it is now usable with my phone over wifi. rockin out to some live Joe Satriani on my HTC Incredible---->PA2V2---->Brainwavz M2's right now.
the M2's don't NEED amping, but it definitely takes them to a whole different level. more dynamic and open sounding with better sound staging. next step is to find a pair of cans i like, so i can make the M2's my on the go phones and have a nice big set of cans for home use. my dad just got a pair of HD280 Pro's which i think sound pretty good, better than my HD205's.post #66 of 70910/12/10 at 4:51pmpost #67 of 70910/12/10 at 4:53pmQuote:
will do shortly... whenever i can stop listening to it.
got some pix:
Edited by jasonb - 10/12/10 at 6:24pmpost #68 of 70910/13/10 at 1:37ampost #69 of 70910/13/10 at 5:07ampost #70 of 70910/16/10 at 6:32pm
i have what seems like a strange issue with my PA2V2.
i charged a brand new pair of rechargeable batteries in an external charger for 24 hours, stuck them into the amp, used the amp one night for a couple hours, turned it off and stuck it on the shelf, then went to use it again a couple nights later and it was completely dead. why would the batteries die within 48 hours with the amp just sitting on a shelf with the switch in the off position?
not to be a jerk, but this thing has been nothing but problems since i got it.post #71 of 70910/16/10 at 10:39pmpost #72 of 70910/17/10 at 4:22pmQuote:
yea, i did. i was just curious to see if anybody else had this issue.post #73 of 70910/19/10 at 8:41pmpost #74 of 70910/19/10 at 9:47pmpost #75 of 70910/19/10 at 10:10pm
no, Gary sent me a replacement amp. it still works, it just dies way to quick so i have to keep taking it apart to put freshly charged batteries in. it's draining at such a high rate that charging it with the supplied charger does nothing at all. it still works and sounds good though.
- The PA2V2 Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 32 seconds ago
- › The Meaning of Life 1 minute ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 1 minute ago
- › New Grace Design m920 DAC/amp with DSD decoding 2 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi! 2 minutes ago
- › New: MATRIX M-STAGE DAC 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › X1 Custom Firmwares 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › 3 cheap ways to get interior design advice
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2