I played a little with the gain screws. I have mine set at minimum, this gives me the most control with my sensitive RE0s. The combo iPod (LOD) + PA2V2 + RE0 sounds very good!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Just got Westone 2's. Portable amp? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Reasonably Priced Portable Amp..? Last post on 8/20/11 at 10:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- do i really need an amp? Last post on 6/9/12 at 11:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
The Major 6 was one of the older models in chord&Major's lineup that has been revamped into the Major 6'13, inline with the Tonal Earphone series design principles. While it looks identical to the...
REMEMBER! No elitists aloud here. Headphones are objects with personality! The richest people can enjoy the cheapest headphone just because it provides the sound he's looking for, has the highs...
The PA2V2 Appreciation Thread - Page 5post #61 of 71810/11/10 at 3:31am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 71810/11/10 at 1:04pmQuote:
I'd be interested to see where the minimum setting actually is. What I've experienced is that the scews just seem to be able to rotate and that there is no stop point.
post #63 of 71810/11/10 at 1:12pmpost #64 of 71810/12/10 at 1:51pmQuote:
With my very poor technical skills I probably lost control of the screwdriver. Anyway, it's working well at the moment so I won't try to tweak it any further.
post #65 of 71810/12/10 at 4:23pm
i have been having issues using my PA2V2 with my smartphone, thankfully i have an update.
i talked to my dad who is also an electrical engineer. he gave me the idea to simply shield it myself. he told me to take the guts and put it into a shielded enclosure. instead i simply took some adhesive backed aluminum tape and lined the whole inside of the PA2V2. i lined the whole inside other than the front faceplate where the knob and jacks are. it is now dead silent over wifi and is much quieter over 3G. my main goal was to make it usable over wifi because whenever i am home i have my phone connected to my home network. i don't plan to walk around using the PA2V2, it's going to be my home amp. i wonder if i cover the inside of the front faceplate if that will improve it even further over 3g.
anyway, i'm glad that it is now usable with my phone over wifi. rockin out to some live Joe Satriani on my HTC Incredible---->PA2V2---->Brainwavz M2's right now.
the M2's don't NEED amping, but it definitely takes them to a whole different level. more dynamic and open sounding with better sound staging. next step is to find a pair of cans i like, so i can make the M2's my on the go phones and have a nice big set of cans for home use. my dad just got a pair of HD280 Pro's which i think sound pretty good, better than my HD205's.post #66 of 71810/12/10 at 4:51pmpost #67 of 71810/12/10 at 4:53pmQuote:
will do shortly... whenever i can stop listening to it.
got some pix:
Edited by jasonb - 10/12/10 at 6:24pmpost #68 of 71810/13/10 at 1:37ampost #69 of 71810/13/10 at 5:07ampost #70 of 71810/16/10 at 6:32pm
i have what seems like a strange issue with my PA2V2.
i charged a brand new pair of rechargeable batteries in an external charger for 24 hours, stuck them into the amp, used the amp one night for a couple hours, turned it off and stuck it on the shelf, then went to use it again a couple nights later and it was completely dead. why would the batteries die within 48 hours with the amp just sitting on a shelf with the switch in the off position?
not to be a jerk, but this thing has been nothing but problems since i got it.post #71 of 71810/16/10 at 10:39pmpost #72 of 71810/17/10 at 4:22pmQuote:
yea, i did. i was just curious to see if anybody else had this issue.post #73 of 71810/19/10 at 8:41pmpost #74 of 71810/19/10 at 9:47pmpost #75 of 71810/19/10 at 10:10pm
no, Gary sent me a replacement amp. it still works, it just dies way to quick so i have to keep taking it apart to put freshly charged batteries in. it's draining at such a high rate that charging it with the supplied charger does nothing at all. it still works and sounds good though.
- The PA2V2 Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 6 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 7 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 seconds ago
- › Auralic Gemini 38 seconds ago
- › Headphones for rap under 300$? 43 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by iitime
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2