Hmm, the PA2V2 didn't seem to do much with my DT880...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Just got Westone 2's. Portable amp? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Reasonably Priced Portable Amp..? Last post on 8/20/11 at 10:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- do i really need an amp? Last post on 6/9/12 at 11:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
The PA2V2 Appreciation Thread - Page 4post #46 of 69410/8/10 at 3:19am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 69410/8/10 at 3:48am
Considering that the HD 25s are a precursor to the HD280s I can understand why you are so happy about the improvements. I'd be interested to see where you've set the gain screws.post #48 of 69410/8/10 at 5:09ampost #49 of 69410/8/10 at 7:20ampost #50 of 69410/8/10 at 7:50ampost #51 of 69410/8/10 at 8:02amQuote:
The PA2V2 is far better than the E5. As soon as I got my PA2V2, I found a buyer for my E5.post #52 of 69410/9/10 at 5:25pm
Looks like yours are in the same position as mine, possibly a bit higher. Many thanks for the pix which I am sure will help other PA2V2 owners.
post #53 of 69410/9/10 at 5:41pmpost #54 of 69410/9/10 at 7:30pm
is there anyway to stop the interference between the amp and my cell phone?
it's usable on wifi, but when on 3G it's not usable at all. it sounds great, but i like to stream music and there is a lot of noise from wifi and 3G.
Edit: the E5 has the same interference as the PA2V2. i get no noise whatsoever when i plug my headphones directly into my source. so it is the cable or the amps themselves?
Edited by jasonb - 10/9/10 at 8:19pmpost #55 of 69410/10/10 at 5:41ampost #56 of 69410/10/10 at 5:46ampost #57 of 69410/10/10 at 6:37amQuote:
I'm assuming that what I circled here are the gain screws......
My PA2V2 is an older one, Feb. 2006, and it does not appear to have these.
So I guess it's a good thing I am not using IEM's.post #58 of 69410/10/10 at 8:57amQuote:
Right you are. I'm sure you could email Gary to ask about your version, though.
No problem, just happy to help!post #59 of 69410/10/10 at 4:18pm
I watch this thread and wonder if the PA2v2 isn't the longest running amp in its current version. Also, I wonder if Gary will ever create a PA2v3 or why he hasn't become a member of Head-Fi...or has he???
I'm amazed at the number of these amps made.post #60 of 69410/10/10 at 10:26pm
I just ordered mine a couple hours ago, and it will ship tomorrow! I also must hail the quick response and admirable customer service of Gary, he offered to adjust the gain to suit my (relatively) low impedance headphones. (taps foot very impatiently...this will be a long week)
Edited by ElectroGeek007 - 10/10/10 at 10:28pm
- The PA2V2 Appreciation Thread
- Headphone Impedance
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 39 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for a set similar in sound to the HD 280 Pro but with... 4 minutes ago
- › Battlefield 4 and settings to take advantage of sennheiser 363d. 7 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 8 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)