Hmm, the PA2V2 didn't seem to do much with my DT880...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Just got Westone 2's. Portable amp? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Reasonably Priced Portable Amp..? Last post on 8/20/11 at 10:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- do i really need an amp? Last post on 6/9/12 at 11:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
The PA2V2 Appreciation Thread - Page 4post #46 of 68010/8/10 at 3:19am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 68010/8/10 at 3:48am
Considering that the HD 25s are a precursor to the HD280s I can understand why you are so happy about the improvements. I'd be interested to see where you've set the gain screws.post #48 of 68010/8/10 at 5:09ampost #49 of 68010/8/10 at 7:20ampost #50 of 68010/8/10 at 7:50ampost #51 of 68010/8/10 at 8:02amQuote:
The PA2V2 is far better than the E5. As soon as I got my PA2V2, I found a buyer for my E5.post #52 of 68010/9/10 at 5:25pm
Looks like yours are in the same position as mine, possibly a bit higher. Many thanks for the pix which I am sure will help other PA2V2 owners.
post #53 of 68010/9/10 at 5:41pmpost #54 of 68010/9/10 at 7:30pm
is there anyway to stop the interference between the amp and my cell phone?
it's usable on wifi, but when on 3G it's not usable at all. it sounds great, but i like to stream music and there is a lot of noise from wifi and 3G.
Edit: the E5 has the same interference as the PA2V2. i get no noise whatsoever when i plug my headphones directly into my source. so it is the cable or the amps themselves?
Edited by jasonb - 10/9/10 at 8:19pmpost #55 of 68010/10/10 at 5:41ampost #56 of 68010/10/10 at 5:46ampost #57 of 68010/10/10 at 6:37amQuote:
I'm assuming that what I circled here are the gain screws......
My PA2V2 is an older one, Feb. 2006, and it does not appear to have these.
So I guess it's a good thing I am not using IEM's.post #58 of 68010/10/10 at 8:57amQuote:
Right you are. I'm sure you could email Gary to ask about your version, though.
No problem, just happy to help!post #59 of 68010/10/10 at 4:18pm
I watch this thread and wonder if the PA2v2 isn't the longest running amp in its current version. Also, I wonder if Gary will ever create a PA2v3 or why he hasn't become a member of Head-Fi...or has he???
I'm amazed at the number of these amps made.post #60 of 68010/10/10 at 10:26pm
I just ordered mine a couple hours ago, and it will ship tomorrow! I also must hail the quick response and admirable customer service of Gary, he offered to adjust the gain to suit my (relatively) low impedance headphones. (taps foot very impatiently...this will be a long week)
Edited by ElectroGeek007 - 10/10/10 at 10:28pm
- The PA2V2 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Electric Avenues PA2V2No reviews yet.
- Headphone Impedance
- › Horrible distortion is Schiit stack 11 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 41 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 47 seconds ago
- › FS\FT: RW audio - AMP1 (with two LME49720HA) 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody 3X Universal Triple Hybrid - AUSTRALIAN TOUR and... 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Topping VX1... anybody try it yet? 3 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude