Hmm, the PA2V2 didn't seem to do much with my DT880...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Just got Westone 2's. Portable amp? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Reasonably Priced Portable Amp..? Last post on 8/20/11 at 10:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- do i really need an amp? Last post on 6/9/12 at 11:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
The PA2V2 Appreciation Thread - Page 4post #46 of 69410/8/10 at 3:19am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 69410/8/10 at 3:48am
Considering that the HD 25s are a precursor to the HD280s I can understand why you are so happy about the improvements. I'd be interested to see where you've set the gain screws.post #48 of 69410/8/10 at 5:09ampost #49 of 69410/8/10 at 7:20ampost #50 of 69410/8/10 at 7:50ampost #51 of 69410/8/10 at 8:02amQuote:
The PA2V2 is far better than the E5. As soon as I got my PA2V2, I found a buyer for my E5.post #52 of 69410/9/10 at 5:25pm
Looks like yours are in the same position as mine, possibly a bit higher. Many thanks for the pix which I am sure will help other PA2V2 owners.
post #53 of 69410/9/10 at 5:41pmpost #54 of 69410/9/10 at 7:30pm
is there anyway to stop the interference between the amp and my cell phone?
it's usable on wifi, but when on 3G it's not usable at all. it sounds great, but i like to stream music and there is a lot of noise from wifi and 3G.
Edit: the E5 has the same interference as the PA2V2. i get no noise whatsoever when i plug my headphones directly into my source. so it is the cable or the amps themselves?
Edited by jasonb - 10/9/10 at 8:19pmpost #55 of 69410/10/10 at 5:41ampost #56 of 69410/10/10 at 5:46ampost #57 of 69410/10/10 at 6:37amQuote:
I'm assuming that what I circled here are the gain screws......
My PA2V2 is an older one, Feb. 2006, and it does not appear to have these.
So I guess it's a good thing I am not using IEM's.post #58 of 69410/10/10 at 8:57amQuote:
Right you are. I'm sure you could email Gary to ask about your version, though.
No problem, just happy to help!post #59 of 69410/10/10 at 4:18pm
I watch this thread and wonder if the PA2v2 isn't the longest running amp in its current version. Also, I wonder if Gary will ever create a PA2v3 or why he hasn't become a member of Head-Fi...or has he???
I'm amazed at the number of these amps made.post #60 of 69410/10/10 at 10:26pm
I just ordered mine a couple hours ago, and it will ship tomorrow! I also must hail the quick response and admirable customer service of Gary, he offered to adjust the gain to suit my (relatively) low impedance headphones. (taps foot very impatiently...this will be a long week)
Edited by ElectroGeek007 - 10/10/10 at 10:28pm
- The PA2V2 Appreciation Thread
- Headphone Impedance
- › Looking for smallest, least protruding IEM 36 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi Meet in Lawrence Kansas! 9/13/2014 10am in Lawrence... 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 1 minute ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 3 minutes ago
- › Good portable amplifier for Audio Technica ATH-M50? 4 minutes ago
- › Wyred4Sound DAC-2 [UK, EU] [Price Drop] 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-6 [UK, EU] [Price drop] 7 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)