I didn't see this as having been made already, so here it is! My PA2V2 was my first foray into the world of portable amps (and I'm sure it was for quite a few others as well) from the minimalist design of the little black box with it's red faceplate, to it's (my experience) slightly warm coloring, to the PHENOMENAL customer service of one Gary Ali, the PA2V2 cut the teeth for a lot of "Ampers" And in this thread, I felt, we should show it a little love.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Just got Westone 2's. Portable amp? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Reasonably Priced Portable Amp..? Last post on 8/20/11 at 10:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- do i really need an amp? Last post on 6/9/12 at 11:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
The PA2V2 Appreciation Threadpost #1 of 6995/15/10 at 10:16pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 6995/16/10 at 5:57ampost #3 of 6995/16/10 at 6:51am
Yup, it was my introduction into portable amps too. I used mine primarily for gym use where I amped a minidisc player. I actually walked around with this:
I made custom "clips" from 16 gauge sheet metal.
The Shure E4Pro was my IEM.
A closer look:
Gary's personal touch:
Crossfeed anyone??post #4 of 6995/16/10 at 7:02am
I've had mine since December. Coupled with my Sansa Clip v1 and current headphones, a winning combo.
The PAV2 represemts the best value for money, I think.
Being an audiphle, my current headphones DO leave alot to be desired, but for the money NO COMPLAINTS.
Having tried my current headphones with and without the PAV2, there is a BIG difference.
Listening to a recent Chamber Music cd this morning on the way to work really surprized me. I could believe the sense of colour and articulation I heard from this recording.
The current headphones are a pair of cheap Magnavox MPH1100's I paid $10. This level of refinement can only be due to the PAV2.
For pop music, I listen to mostly '80's stuff (First generation cd's where possible) The PAV2 REALLY gets the bottom end going on these headphones. I can really feal the drivers flapping.
The ONLY thing these headphones is a nasty H/F glare and these headphones will be changed shortly to a pair of budget Shure over the ear headsets.
This can only bring out the true potential of the PAV2.
At some point, IF I get rich, I plan to buy a pair of the Stax portable electrostats. This would truly bring out the PAV2's potential.
For my first headphone amp, I have NOTHING but praise for it and it's designer Gary Ali.
Hopefully this provides some insight from a 30 year + audiophile who is now getting into decent sounding portable audiopost #5 of 6995/20/10 at 9:02pm
I just ordered the PA2V2 from Gary. Very nice man indeed. I have a Clip+, and also just ordered the Hippo VB's. Really looking forward to receiving them.
GreatDane, love the case. I was trying to think of something to do for a case myself.post #6 of 6995/20/10 at 10:00pmpost #7 of 6995/21/10 at 1:09ampost #8 of 6995/21/10 at 1:37ampost #9 of 6995/21/10 at 10:53ampost #10 of 6995/21/10 at 9:46pm
I love mine and Gary is the perfect gentleman. It powers my K701's perfectly and also really increases the already great enjoyment I get from my Denon C700's.
I use mine with a Barqy LOD but am awaiting an ebay bargin of a qables silvercab pro in mint condition I just won for $46!post #11 of 6995/21/10 at 10:49pmpost #12 of 6995/22/10 at 12:44pm
I have owned two, one in mid 2005 being my first portable amp. Bought the second PA2V2 about two months ago and it sounds as good as I remembered. Gary's service is fantastic.post #13 of 6995/22/10 at 4:58pmpost #14 of 6995/26/10 at 4:01pmpost #15 of 6995/26/10 at 5:28pm
Bought mine back in '06 and have loved everything about it from the way it works and sounds, down to Gary's phenomenal customer service in the initial ordering phase, packing phase and follow-up.
- The PA2V2 Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Turntable Help 5 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 51 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 54 seconds ago
- › Grado RS1i Headphones & RA1 Amp in Excellent Condition 1 minute ago
- › Need help to test the 20,000 sound tracks music library firmware... 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 2 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 22 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › JH5 vs Custom Art Music Two vs Noble 3C ... etc 2 minutes ago
- › Bayerdynamic T90 Good Condition 5 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)