What is the best IEM for picking up very small details that most IEMs cannot pick up?
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 9/23/10
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 9/23/10
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 9/23/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is there such a thing as a "bad" Etymotic P to S Adaptor? Last post on 3/31/11 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic hf2 and er4's. Last post on 8/28/10 at 3:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER 4? Last post on 12/25/12 at 6:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Etymotic ER4P / ER4S - The Living Legends Last post on 11/18/14 at 1:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Apuresound-recabled Etymotic ER4P (revised) Last post on 6/18/13 at 10:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Today I got this MP3 player but I am debating to keep it or not because the button layout is horrible. Also, the user interface is choppy with FLAC files. There is a noticable lag when choosing...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM that can pick up most details
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The best IEMs to reveal micro details and overall sound full and big are custom IEMs like JH13Pro, JH16Pro, UE18Pro and EM3Pro. But univeral IEMs under your budget or little over like UM3x, SM3, E-Q7, GR8, TF10Pro, CK100, MTP Copper, MD, FX700, CK10, RE4P/S and SE530.
I think multiple-armature IEMs (of the balance armature kind) are very revealing, although not as that revealing as their custom counterparts. Based on my rather limited experience with IEMs, I have tended to believe that when it comes to clarity and transparency (and being revealing), multiple BA IEMs can't be beat. I had the privilege of auditioning a pair of IE8s, and contrary to what IE8 owners say, they don't reveal as much details as their BA counterparts do, at least to my ears.
This. Certain dynamic IEMs do this very well, better than armatures could (looking at Atrios here). Aside from that the CK10 is the most detailed IEM I've heard, more so than the ER4S and RE0.
Edited by ljokerl - 5/16/10 at 1:07am
Should UE triple fi(or SE530) customized by fisher hearing or CK10 provide more detail to sound? Is it true that custimized IEM only lasts 2 years?
Edited by High_Q - 5/16/10 at 1:51am
- IEM that can pick up most details
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official New York Spring Meet Sat May 2nd 2015 14 seconds ago
- › DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3 42 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 46 seconds ago
- › ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod 53 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 1 minute ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Labs Geek Out 1000 - Aluminum Finish 1 minute ago
- › Budget recommendation thread (w/ tl;dr) 2 minutes ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)