What is the best IEM for picking up very small details that most IEMs cannot pick up?
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 9/23/10
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 9/23/10
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 9/23/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is there such a thing as a "bad" Etymotic P to S Adaptor? Last post on 3/31/11 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic hf2 and er4's. Last post on 8/28/10 at 3:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER 4? Last post on 12/25/12 at 6:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Etymotic ER4P / ER4S - The Living Legends Last post on 11/18/14 at 1:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Apuresound-recabled Etymotic ER4P (revised) Last post on 6/18/13 at 10:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have to talk about my expectation on this Headphone first. I am not a senior audiophile. 3 years ago, my first pair of AKG K601 lead me into this wonderful world of audiophile. This pair...
IEMs I own and have used extensively before: Vsonic GR07 (single dynamic), Vsonic VC1000 (dual BA), Etymotic HF5 (single BA) (all around or slightly above $100). Fit and Comfort The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been working with RockJaw UK for the last 12 months giving feedback on their IEM...
Accessories (3.5/5): 1x Large, black, thick double-flange tips 1x Large, clear, bulbous single-flange tips 1x Large, clear, angled single-flanged tips 1x Medium, clear,...
I have my home listening station featuring a Hifiman 500 and the necessary economic infrastructure needed to make those shine. That's where I spend time deep listening, sipping hot tea, moving into...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM that can pick up most details
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The best IEMs to reveal micro details and overall sound full and big are custom IEMs like JH13Pro, JH16Pro, UE18Pro and EM3Pro. But univeral IEMs under your budget or little over like UM3x, SM3, E-Q7, GR8, TF10Pro, CK100, MTP Copper, MD, FX700, CK10, RE4P/S and SE530.
I think multiple-armature IEMs (of the balance armature kind) are very revealing, although not as that revealing as their custom counterparts. Based on my rather limited experience with IEMs, I have tended to believe that when it comes to clarity and transparency (and being revealing), multiple BA IEMs can't be beat. I had the privilege of auditioning a pair of IE8s, and contrary to what IE8 owners say, they don't reveal as much details as their BA counterparts do, at least to my ears.
This. Certain dynamic IEMs do this very well, better than armatures could (looking at Atrios here). Aside from that the CK10 is the most detailed IEM I've heard, more so than the ER4S and RE0.
Edited by ljokerl - 5/16/10 at 1:07am
Should UE triple fi(or SE530) customized by fisher hearing or CK10 provide more detail to sound? Is it true that custimized IEM only lasts 2 years?
Edited by High_Q - 5/16/10 at 1:51am
- IEM that can pick up most details
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet 03.14.2015 - Hosted by Overture... 30 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › i dont like the m50x… what should i get??? 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 4 minutes ago
- › WTB: Westone Epic Cable Or Westone Cable that will work with W4R 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › Noble 4 by Airlight
- › ROCK JAW KOMMAND BA + Dynamic hybrid by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by Apex Eight
- › Westone UM Pro30 High Performance Triple Driver Universal Fit... by Sort
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by Mottom
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by Kenny Ingram
- › Yurbuds Ironman Focus Behind the Ear Performance Earloop Fit Sport... by ShadowZ32
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by Ander
- › T-PEOS 3Way Hybrid Premium Sound Earphone H-150 by faithguy19
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)