What is the best IEM for picking up very small details that most IEMs cannot pick up?
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 9/23/10
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 9/23/10
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 9/23/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is there such a thing as a "bad" Etymotic P to S Adaptor? Last post on 3/31/11 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic hf2 and er4's. Last post on 8/28/10 at 3:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER 4? Last post on 12/25/12 at 6:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Etymotic ER4P / ER4S - The Living Legends Last post on 6/20/14 at 7:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Apuresound-recabled Etymotic ER4P (revised) Last post on 6/18/13 at 10:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM that can pick up most details
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The best IEMs to reveal micro details and overall sound full and big are custom IEMs like JH13Pro, JH16Pro, UE18Pro and EM3Pro. But univeral IEMs under your budget or little over like UM3x, SM3, E-Q7, GR8, TF10Pro, CK100, MTP Copper, MD, FX700, CK10, RE4P/S and SE530.
I think multiple-armature IEMs (of the balance armature kind) are very revealing, although not as that revealing as their custom counterparts. Based on my rather limited experience with IEMs, I have tended to believe that when it comes to clarity and transparency (and being revealing), multiple BA IEMs can't be beat. I had the privilege of auditioning a pair of IE8s, and contrary to what IE8 owners say, they don't reveal as much details as their BA counterparts do, at least to my ears.
This. Certain dynamic IEMs do this very well, better than armatures could (looking at Atrios here). Aside from that the CK10 is the most detailed IEM I've heard, more so than the ER4S and RE0.
Edited by ljokerl - 5/16/10 at 1:07am
Should UE triple fi(or SE530) customized by fisher hearing or CK10 provide more detail to sound? Is it true that custimized IEM only lasts 2 years?
Edited by High_Q - 5/16/10 at 1:51am
- IEM that can pick up most details
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 10 seconds ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Neumann KH 120 pair, black. MINT 1 minute ago
- › Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company. 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › Need help building a PC...? 2 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Do hard drives sound different? 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)