What is the best IEM for picking up very small details that most IEMs cannot pick up?
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 9/23/10
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 9/23/10
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 9/23/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is there such a thing as a "bad" Etymotic P to S Adaptor? Last post on 3/31/11 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic hf2 and er4's. Last post on 8/28/10 at 3:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER 4? Last post on 12/25/12 at 6:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Etymotic ER4P / ER4S - The Living Legends Last post on 6/20/14 at 7:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Apuresound-recabled Etymotic ER4P (revised) Last post on 6/18/13 at 10:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Just some brief notes and impressions since no one else has put one up yet. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight...
After starting to review a few IEM's in the past week I decided to slip these babies back into my ears as a reference point for the other IEM's. After doing so for a few minutes I realized these...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM that can pick up most details
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The best IEMs to reveal micro details and overall sound full and big are custom IEMs like JH13Pro, JH16Pro, UE18Pro and EM3Pro. But univeral IEMs under your budget or little over like UM3x, SM3, E-Q7, GR8, TF10Pro, CK100, MTP Copper, MD, FX700, CK10, RE4P/S and SE530.
I think multiple-armature IEMs (of the balance armature kind) are very revealing, although not as that revealing as their custom counterparts. Based on my rather limited experience with IEMs, I have tended to believe that when it comes to clarity and transparency (and being revealing), multiple BA IEMs can't be beat. I had the privilege of auditioning a pair of IE8s, and contrary to what IE8 owners say, they don't reveal as much details as their BA counterparts do, at least to my ears.
This. Certain dynamic IEMs do this very well, better than armatures could (looking at Atrios here). Aside from that the CK10 is the most detailed IEM I've heard, more so than the ER4S and RE0.
Edited by ljokerl - 5/16/10 at 1:07am
Should UE triple fi(or SE530) customized by fisher hearing or CK10 provide more detail to sound? Is it true that custimized IEM only lasts 2 years?
Edited by High_Q - 5/16/10 at 1:51am
- IEM that can pick up most details
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 13 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 46 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 3 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for IEM suggestions/recommendations 3 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. User Card - uploaded! (page 88) 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)