What is the best IEM for picking up very small details that most IEMs cannot pick up?
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 9/23/10
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 9/23/10
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 9/23/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is there such a thing as a "bad" Etymotic P to S Adaptor? Last post on 3/31/11 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic hf2 and er4's. Last post on 8/28/10 at 3:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER 4? Last post on 12/25/12 at 6:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Etymotic ER4P / ER4S - The Living Legends Last post on 6/20/14 at 7:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Apuresound-recabled Etymotic ER4P (revised) Last post on 6/18/13 at 10:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is my first Brainwavz earphones, many thanks to Brainwavz for the review sample! When I wrote this review, I have used it for almost 2 weeks, around 2 hours daily. A happy ending...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM that can pick up most details
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The best IEMs to reveal micro details and overall sound full and big are custom IEMs like JH13Pro, JH16Pro, UE18Pro and EM3Pro. But univeral IEMs under your budget or little over like UM3x, SM3, E-Q7, GR8, TF10Pro, CK100, MTP Copper, MD, FX700, CK10, RE4P/S and SE530.
I think multiple-armature IEMs (of the balance armature kind) are very revealing, although not as that revealing as their custom counterparts. Based on my rather limited experience with IEMs, I have tended to believe that when it comes to clarity and transparency (and being revealing), multiple BA IEMs can't be beat. I had the privilege of auditioning a pair of IE8s, and contrary to what IE8 owners say, they don't reveal as much details as their BA counterparts do, at least to my ears.
This. Certain dynamic IEMs do this very well, better than armatures could (looking at Atrios here). Aside from that the CK10 is the most detailed IEM I've heard, more so than the ER4S and RE0.
Edited by ljokerl - 5/16/10 at 1:07am
Should UE triple fi(or SE530) customized by fisher hearing or CK10 provide more detail to sound? Is it true that custimized IEM only lasts 2 years?
Edited by High_Q - 5/16/10 at 1:51am
- IEM that can pick up most details
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado e Series 50 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Grado PS500, like new (warranty) 5 minutes ago
- › Conflicting information on Cables and other audiophile components. 10 minutes ago
- › Soooo... Who remembers this place? 11 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 11 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 12 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)