Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › When was the last time you bought a CD?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When was the last time you bought a CD? - Page 8

Poll Results: When was the last time you bought a CD?

 
  • 6% (19)
    WHY BUY A CD WHEN YOU CAN GET THEM FROM PIRATEBAY FOR FREE???? PIRACY RULEZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!
  • 45% (138)
    0-1 weeks ago
  • 22% (67)
    2-4 weeks ago
  • 7% (22)
    1-2 month ago
  • 3% (12)
    3-6 month ago
  • 1% (5)
    7-12 month ago
  • 5% (16)
    1-2 years ago
  • 4% (13)
    3-6 years ago
  • 1% (5)
    7- 10 years ago
  • 1% (5)
    10+ years
302 Total Votes  
post #106 of 219

I actually just bought like 5 CDs on Amazon this past week. I seem to buy CDs in waves. I'll buy a few, then I won't buy any for a while, then I'll buy a few again.

post #107 of 219

Bought another one today.

 

It seems that most of us who've responded are still buying them pretty regularly. Maybe CD still isn't dead...

 

Or maybe members of an audio forum are just not that representative of the general population? Maybe this thread is attracting all the CD buyers? Statistics are great, but without proper analysis they're meaningless.

post #108 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukihiro View Post

I actually just bought like 5 CDs on Amazon this past week. I seem to buy CDs in waves. I'll buy a few, then I won't buy any for a while, then I'll buy a few again.

Same Here!...But, That's only after I buy the Vinyl edition 1st for my main system.  If I like the "songs/Artist" I'll get the cd for Headphone listening and for the car and truck........Ps this sounds like I'm spending way more for my music but I always check the store "Buy Backs" and "1/2 price Books" (used music)......CDs 2 to 4 bucks.......

 

post #109 of 219

I buy a cd a week on average.  But, I usually buy them used, especially on Amazon marketplace.

post #110 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post

I buy a cd a week on average.  But, I usually buy them used, especially on Amazon marketplace.


Its the same for me too. The only time I download music is when family members give me gift cards to iTunes. And even then, I'd prefer they buy me a CD that they think I might like. Even if its wrong. Put some thought into it!

post #111 of 219

Yesterday I bought a copy of "Basically Johnny Moped" and three weeks ago I bought a copy of my nephew's rock band's one and only CD for $1.50 from ebay...

post #112 of 219

April, I bought Wu-Massacre.

post #113 of 219

Just this week. BT's ESCM.

post #114 of 219

added 2 more saturday...Iron Maiden -Somewhere in Time & Anthrax-Anthrology

post #115 of 219

I bought three discs yesterday.  They are soundtracks of the movie trilogy Infernal Affairs.

post #116 of 219

I just bought Katy Perry's Teenage Dream CD from Starbucks yesterday. So far, her album is fantastic!

post #117 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welly Wu View Post

I just bought Katy Perry's Teenage Dream CD from Starbucks yesterday. So far, her album is fantastic!


Does it smell like cotton candy as promised?

post #118 of 219

I see a lot of inexpensive live shows in Austin and like to support the artists by purchasing merchandise. So my last CD purchase was August 20, 2010: Dan Mangan - "Nice, Nice, Very Nice".  I am pretty sure I bought the album from his brother.

 

Incidentally I used this album as a reference during a recent A/B headphone audition. I bought my BD DT770-Pro/80s the next day.


Edited by RexS - 9/1/10 at 3:49pm
post #119 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexS View Post

I see a lot of inexpensive live shows in Austin and like to support the artists by purchasing merchandise. So my last CD purchase was August 20, 2010: Dan Mangan - "Nice, Nice, Very Nice".  I am pretty sure I bought the album from his brother.

 

Incidentally I used this album as a reference during a recent A/B headphone audition. I bought my BD DT770-Pro/80s the next day.


So how many times have you seen James Mcmurtry?

post #120 of 219

Actually, it does smell like cotton candy and I am loving it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by logwed View Post




Does it smell like cotton candy as promised?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › When was the last time you bought a CD?