CanJam better release some products to satisfy my portable desires... hehe :)
Related Forum Threads
- Sansa Fuze V2 Rockbox has better SQ than Clip+ Rockbox Last post on 7/12/10 at 2:14am in Portable Source Gear
- I need recommendations for a new MP3 player. (Sick and tired of dealing with my iphone 3G) Last post on 4/1/11 at 12:34pm in Portable Source Gear
- I honestly can't decide... Last post on 7/13/10 at 8:02pm in Portable Source Gear
- Is the sound quality on the Sansa Clip+ the same as the Sansa Clip? Last post on 12/22/10 at 12:29am in Portable Source Gear
- Clip+'s Normal EQ is not flat? Last post on 7/15/10 at 3:46pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
What is the best mp3 player in terms of best sound quality in your opinion? - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wow you mention Sony and Cowon and talk about EQ and mention the Sony in particular. Sony EQ from what I have seen is very simplistic compared to the EQ and BBE settings on a Cowon player.
any two players, have you ever owned a fuze , clip , cowon s9 , S:Flo2 if you haven't then you can say objectively that one is better then the other based on a price tag.
now me on the other hand i have owned all of them and i would chose the fuze ..... only one i haven't is S:Flo2 zzzzzz so hard to get.
Simplistic is not a bad thing. Its the implementation that makes the difference. IMO, the Sony EQ on the new X-Series, and especially the "Clear Bass" option on most of their other players is superb
Have you had a chance to listen to a Sony yet?
I think the XA HD-500 seems nice, mostly because of the included cradle with line out and the IR remote. I was thinking it would be nice to plug it in to my home set up and use with wav-files. But on a 6GB microdrive I would only be able to fit a maximum of 15 albums...
But it still looks interesting.
i have not heard both, but someone said that the V80 is the highest model of JVC player. Maybe you should try V80 and compare them and pm me the answer before i decide which one i want to buy :D
Trysaeder, watch your language. Despite the fact that the profanity filter is not working yet, your post is way off topic, ironically nothing but troll bait, and unnecessarily repeating yourself.
Haha! I was going to ask you the same thing!
The thing about the XA HD-500 that I like is that there is a cradle with a line out AND a wireless remote included. So I was thinking about using it at home mostly. The V80 looks nice, though.
Oh, I was counting on the profanity filter to work. Edited.
As for trolling, if you haven't noticed, head-fi is the most troll filled forum I have ever been on, and I've been on too many forums to count.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Also, I have an extremely fiery hate for fanboyism.
Edited by Trysaeder - 5/20/10 at 7:48am
Yes, how could it not be? Some people might prefer the SS of the iPod earbuds over the JH13 - sound is ultimately very personal and depends on what you are looking for. I guess
Anyway nice suggestions for players I didn't know in this thread. Gonna read up a bit on those. Or just get a S:flo
Edited by niknik - 5/20/10 at 9:00am
No. It's a subjective matter. Those RMAA tests are the closest to an objective test and the $50 Clip+ seems to beat it quite a few ways. In all honesty, that PCM 270x series DAC in it is worth around $60, it's not like you have to go through the pits of hell and come back to get one, but it is an extremely good chip if it has been well implemented (See Audio-Gd). You can put all high quality parts together in a small bunch, but it's how well those parts have been implemented in the design which will make something shine or not.
For example, S:Flo2 uses two Wolfson WM8740's, the same as a DACMagic, but does that make the S:Flo's Digital to Analog stage as good as the DACMagic's? I doubt it.
Edited by TrumpOrMonkey - 5/20/10 at 10:49am
This. There's some great sounding players out there. Also tbh, I much preferred the Sansa Fuze (default firmware, the Sansa Fuze v1 Rockbox'ed brings it to another level SQ wise, don't underestimate the importance of firmware in portables) over the D2. The D2 is getting a bit dated as well tbh. the Sansa Fuze is silly bang for buck, particularly with the expansion via MicroSD + Rockbox'ed. A Rockbox'ed old brick pre Gen 5.5 Original non-Classic iPod is up there as well.
Edited by chinesekiwi - 5/20/10 at 3:01pm
I don't think it's always the Ipod, it's also your speaker input and whatever files you're using. MP3s are condensed and just sound crappy anyways. you need something that plays wav files. or just stick with being old school and support your local record shops!!
If you have to buy an mp3 player, the latest ipod you can get is the best, however I've heard that the touch screens go out pretty quickly.
- What is the best mp3 player in terms of best sound quality in your opinion?
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 11 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear