CanJam better release some products to satisfy my portable desires... hehe :)
Related Forum Threads
- Sansa Fuze V2 Rockbox has better SQ than Clip+ Rockbox Last post on 7/12/10 at 2:14am in Portable Source Gear
- I need recommendations for a new MP3 player. (Sick and tired of dealing with my iphone 3G) Last post on 4/1/11 at 12:34pm in Portable Source Gear
- I honestly can't decide... Last post on 7/13/10 at 8:02pm in Portable Source Gear
- Is the sound quality on the Sansa Clip+ the same as the Sansa Clip? Last post on 12/22/10 at 12:29am in Portable Source Gear
- Clip+'s Normal EQ is not flat? Last post on 7/15/10 at 3:46pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
What is the best mp3 player in terms of best sound quality in your opinion? - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wow you mention Sony and Cowon and talk about EQ and mention the Sony in particular. Sony EQ from what I have seen is very simplistic compared to the EQ and BBE settings on a Cowon player.
any two players, have you ever owned a fuze , clip , cowon s9 , S:Flo2 if you haven't then you can say objectively that one is better then the other based on a price tag.
now me on the other hand i have owned all of them and i would chose the fuze ..... only one i haven't is S:Flo2 zzzzzz so hard to get.
Simplistic is not a bad thing. Its the implementation that makes the difference. IMO, the Sony EQ on the new X-Series, and especially the "Clear Bass" option on most of their other players is superb
Have you had a chance to listen to a Sony yet?
I think the XA HD-500 seems nice, mostly because of the included cradle with line out and the IR remote. I was thinking it would be nice to plug it in to my home set up and use with wav-files. But on a 6GB microdrive I would only be able to fit a maximum of 15 albums...
But it still looks interesting.
i have not heard both, but someone said that the V80 is the highest model of JVC player. Maybe you should try V80 and compare them and pm me the answer before i decide which one i want to buy :D
Trysaeder, watch your language. Despite the fact that the profanity filter is not working yet, your post is way off topic, ironically nothing but troll bait, and unnecessarily repeating yourself.
Haha! I was going to ask you the same thing!
The thing about the XA HD-500 that I like is that there is a cradle with a line out AND a wireless remote included. So I was thinking about using it at home mostly. The V80 looks nice, though.
Oh, I was counting on the profanity filter to work. Edited.
As for trolling, if you haven't noticed, head-fi is the most troll filled forum I have ever been on, and I've been on too many forums to count.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Also, I have an extremely fiery hate for fanboyism.
Edited by Trysaeder - 5/20/10 at 7:48am
Yes, how could it not be? Some people might prefer the SS of the iPod earbuds over the JH13 - sound is ultimately very personal and depends on what you are looking for. I guess
Anyway nice suggestions for players I didn't know in this thread. Gonna read up a bit on those. Or just get a S:flo
Edited by niknik - 5/20/10 at 9:00am
No. It's a subjective matter. Those RMAA tests are the closest to an objective test and the $50 Clip+ seems to beat it quite a few ways. In all honesty, that PCM 270x series DAC in it is worth around $60, it's not like you have to go through the pits of hell and come back to get one, but it is an extremely good chip if it has been well implemented (See Audio-Gd). You can put all high quality parts together in a small bunch, but it's how well those parts have been implemented in the design which will make something shine or not.
For example, S:Flo2 uses two Wolfson WM8740's, the same as a DACMagic, but does that make the S:Flo's Digital to Analog stage as good as the DACMagic's? I doubt it.
Edited by TrumpOrMonkey - 5/20/10 at 10:49am
This. There's some great sounding players out there. Also tbh, I much preferred the Sansa Fuze (default firmware, the Sansa Fuze v1 Rockbox'ed brings it to another level SQ wise, don't underestimate the importance of firmware in portables) over the D2. The D2 is getting a bit dated as well tbh. the Sansa Fuze is silly bang for buck, particularly with the expansion via MicroSD + Rockbox'ed. A Rockbox'ed old brick pre Gen 5.5 Original non-Classic iPod is up there as well.
Edited by chinesekiwi - 5/20/10 at 3:01pm
I don't think it's always the Ipod, it's also your speaker input and whatever files you're using. MP3s are condensed and just sound crappy anyways. you need something that plays wav files. or just stick with being old school and support your local record shops!!
If you have to buy an mp3 player, the latest ipod you can get is the best, however I've heard that the touch screens go out pretty quickly.
- What is the best mp3 player in terms of best sound quality in your opinion?
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 1 minute ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 4 minutes ago
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 Earphone Review by mark2410 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Need some Help regarding RCA Cables. 9 minutes ago
- › iPhone 7 Will Revolutionize Portable Audio for the First Time in a... 9 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 11 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 12 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear