How do Samsung mp3 players sound? Do they have better quality sound than Sony? I have x1051, and just curious.
Related Forum Threads
- iPhone (4) is the only audiophile portable player you'll ever need! Last post on 10/11/12 at 9:26am in Portable Source Gear
- Concidering getting a ZTE Blade - any experiences? Last post on 4/17/11 at 6:14am in Portable Source Gear
- Samsung Galaxy S [T-Mobile Vibrant variant] Thread Last post on 11/29/10 at 7:02am in Portable Source Gear
- Upgrade from 5th Gen iPod to iPhone 4 or Samsung Galaxy S/Vibrant? Last post on 7/24/10 at 9:12am in Portable Source Gear
- Samsung P3 16GB deal Last post on 7/14/10 at 12:47pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
Samsung mp3 players quality
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have the the Sony X1060 and then I got the Samsung P3. My Sony X doesn't get used that much anymore. The P3 has better clarity and soundstage. I also prefer it over my Cowon D2, Sony S639, and Sansa Clip.
I have the P3, I owned the Q2, and I also have a Sony X-1061. I find that the P3 and X-1061 are pretty even for SQ, but the X-1061 has a slightly better sound stage. I love them both, so I'll not say either is better than the other,....it's just what features you prefer in a DAP.
As for the Q3,....I didn't know there WAS a Q3!?!?!? Is that a portable media device, or a phone?
Edited by tds101 - 5/14/10 at 5:34pm
The Q2 has quite good SQ, same as the P3. The issue all have w/it is navigation in the music library. Imagine having 3000 songs on it, and having to scroll through them slowly (no speeding up while scrolling, sadly, like a Sony dap). I had the 16gb model, and I loved it, except for THAT. I sold it, and got a P3 eventually - love the P3!!!
I love Samsung DAP too, its pity that their in not famous (because their lack of advertising and promotion and marketing)
For Samsung DAP vs Sony X1000,
Samsung usually has colder sound signature than X1000 (especially Samsung M1) when sony x1000 is warmer, its depend on your choose you prefer which sound signature and your music genre
I find the SQ between Sony and Samsung to be pretty much equal myself. The only difference now is the Sony LOD - I still haven't received mine yet. Still, both really get my vote for #1.
And the correct answer is:
Thanks Dreamnine, you beat me to the punch.
Edited by tds101 - 5/15/10 at 10:18pm
The P3, Sony x1000 and S9 are pretty much equal. People will say one is better depending on personal preference.
I had the P3 and loved it intensely, it did sound better than the fuze I have now. One thing to consider is that the S9 has gapless on some MP3 formats (not too sure which) and it might get rockboxed one day.
- Samsung mp3 players quality
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › V Moda Crossfade M100, Mad dog. alpha dog or hifiman he-400 for... 51 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series 1 minute ago
- › can fiio e17 drive alpha dogs good enough? 1 minute ago
- › Cheapest planar magnetic headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 1 minute ago
- › Roll Call for Team AKG 2 minutes ago
- › Which Porcupine Tree \ Steven Wilson Album? 2 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 2 minutes ago
- › Best IEH for showtunes and musical theather music (With a budget... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 2 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi