Has anyone heard both of these? What are the sonic and other relevant differences? Thank You!
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- WA6 has a low frequency hum on the left side, no matter what tubes are in it. Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- A little help on WA22 Last post on 5/18/11 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK IV or WooAudio Last post on 4/9/11 at 5:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
Woo WA6 SE vs. WA22post #1 of 185/12/10 at 8:21pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 185/12/10 at 10:28pm
You should compare WA6 SE with the WA2, not WA22 as this is for the balanced output.
In simple words, WA2 is more "tube" sound as its construction and the tubes used.
I am still waiting my WA2 arrival and i hope i can have a more detail listening before have any further comments.post #3 of 185/13/10 at 6:06amThread Starterpost #4 of 185/13/10 at 6:47amQuote:
I would say apples and oranges.
The Woo2 amp is OTL, where the 6 and 22 are both transformer coupled.
I have not had enough time with either to give a good impression though.
Also, why shouldent one compare a balanced amp to a SE one? If you just want to know how 2 things sound compared to eachother they should be compared without regards to whether they are balanced or not.
Edited by nikongod - 5/13/10 at 11:48ampost #5 of 185/13/10 at 7:25am
Indeed, they might be designed differently but they share two things in common: they're headphone amplifiers, and they cost money (and quite a bit of it at that).
post #6 of 186/13/10 at 1:25pm
I think that this is fair comparison. Jack actually recommended the WA22 as an upgrade the WA6SE for SE headphones. Although, he did strongly recommend a balanced source for the WA22.
I would like to know the difference between these two amps driving single-ended headphones. Since the maxed WA6SE is closer in price to the WA22, I think that version would also allow for the most valid comparison.post #7 of 186/27/10 at 8:51ampost #8 of 186/29/10 at 2:04pm
Never WA2, but I heard WA6SE at meet and my own WA22. WA6SE sound more tube to me, very musical, but WA22 is more detailed.
It is very hard for me to pick which one like better with T1. HD650 is better with WA22 balanced.
Edited by Seamaster - 6/29/10 at 2:06pmpost #9 of 187/5/10 at 7:03amThread Starterpost #10 of 187/5/10 at 7:10pm
Thanks for the input.
I keep hearing great things about the WA5LE. It is very tempting, but after you figure in upgrades and tubes there is an easy 2k tacked on the base price. Since this will be my first tube amp purchase, I am afraid that I wouldn't be able to appreciate the awesomeness of the WA5LE (not to mention that I would have to save up for a few more months).
Just to reiterate I'm pretty much a noob with all this. I keep going between the WA6SE, WA22, and the DNA Sonett, but I just can't decide which one.post #11 of 187/5/10 at 10:24pmThread Starter
Forget the upgrades. Sure the parts are better, but I think you will be spending a lot of $$$ for minor improvements.
Just get the "vanilla" amp, and get additional tubes later as you see fit.post #12 of 187/28/10 at 3:08pmpost #13 of 187/28/10 at 3:51pm
X2. It's the tube that have an audible effect on the sound not the hardware upgrades.
post #14 of 181/29/11 at 2:28am
I have emailed WooAudio
"Hi i dont know what should be better sound quality wise
WA6 SE with all upgrades or clean WA22?
I wont use WA22 as preamp and my HD800's are not ballanced."
and this is what i got in response
"Thank you for your interests. The WA22 outperforms the WA6-SE if you use a
balanced source. If you don't have a balanced source, the 6SE is a better
choice. You do not need a balanced headphone cable, however. Each of the
output offers similar performance.
Jack"post #15 of 182/15/11 at 9:07pm
If the parts are a minor improvements why have the option to upgrade, especially if they cost to much. Some of these parts upgrades cost more than the tube upgrades.
This might be a stretch but has anyone compared a stock Woo Amp with no upgrades versus the same amp with parts upgrades only?
- Woo WA6 SE vs. WA22
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 51 seconds ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 Latest Update 24-07-2014 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread (Preliminary Impressions) 7 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 8 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 9 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)