Has anyone heard both of these? What are the sonic and other relevant differences? Thank You!
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- WA6 has a low frequency hum on the left side, no matter what tubes are in it. Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- A little help on WA22 Last post on 5/18/11 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK IV or WooAudio Last post on 4/9/11 at 5:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Woo WA6 SE vs. WA22post #1 of 185/12/10 at 8:21pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 185/12/10 at 10:28pm
You should compare WA6 SE with the WA2, not WA22 as this is for the balanced output.
In simple words, WA2 is more "tube" sound as its construction and the tubes used.
I am still waiting my WA2 arrival and i hope i can have a more detail listening before have any further comments.post #3 of 185/13/10 at 6:06amThread Starterpost #4 of 185/13/10 at 6:47amQuote:
I would say apples and oranges.
The Woo2 amp is OTL, where the 6 and 22 are both transformer coupled.
I have not had enough time with either to give a good impression though.
Also, why shouldent one compare a balanced amp to a SE one? If you just want to know how 2 things sound compared to eachother they should be compared without regards to whether they are balanced or not.
Edited by nikongod - 5/13/10 at 11:48ampost #5 of 185/13/10 at 7:25am
Indeed, they might be designed differently but they share two things in common: they're headphone amplifiers, and they cost money (and quite a bit of it at that).
post #6 of 186/13/10 at 1:25pm
I think that this is fair comparison. Jack actually recommended the WA22 as an upgrade the WA6SE for SE headphones. Although, he did strongly recommend a balanced source for the WA22.
I would like to know the difference between these two amps driving single-ended headphones. Since the maxed WA6SE is closer in price to the WA22, I think that version would also allow for the most valid comparison.post #7 of 186/27/10 at 8:51ampost #8 of 186/29/10 at 2:04pm
Never WA2, but I heard WA6SE at meet and my own WA22. WA6SE sound more tube to me, very musical, but WA22 is more detailed.
It is very hard for me to pick which one like better with T1. HD650 is better with WA22 balanced.
Edited by Seamaster - 6/29/10 at 2:06pmpost #9 of 187/5/10 at 7:03amThread Starterpost #10 of 187/5/10 at 7:10pm
Thanks for the input.
I keep hearing great things about the WA5LE. It is very tempting, but after you figure in upgrades and tubes there is an easy 2k tacked on the base price. Since this will be my first tube amp purchase, I am afraid that I wouldn't be able to appreciate the awesomeness of the WA5LE (not to mention that I would have to save up for a few more months).
Just to reiterate I'm pretty much a noob with all this. I keep going between the WA6SE, WA22, and the DNA Sonett, but I just can't decide which one.post #11 of 187/5/10 at 10:24pmThread Starter
Forget the upgrades. Sure the parts are better, but I think you will be spending a lot of $$$ for minor improvements.
Just get the "vanilla" amp, and get additional tubes later as you see fit.post #12 of 187/28/10 at 3:08pmpost #13 of 187/28/10 at 3:51pm
X2. It's the tube that have an audible effect on the sound not the hardware upgrades.
post #14 of 181/29/11 at 2:28am
I have emailed WooAudio
"Hi i dont know what should be better sound quality wise
WA6 SE with all upgrades or clean WA22?
I wont use WA22 as preamp and my HD800's are not ballanced."
and this is what i got in response
"Thank you for your interests. The WA22 outperforms the WA6-SE if you use a
balanced source. If you don't have a balanced source, the 6SE is a better
choice. You do not need a balanced headphone cable, however. Each of the
output offers similar performance.
Jack"post #15 of 182/15/11 at 9:07pm
If the parts are a minor improvements why have the option to upgrade, especially if they cost to much. Some of these parts upgrades cost more than the tube upgrades.
This might be a stretch but has anyone compared a stock Woo Amp with no upgrades versus the same amp with parts upgrades only?
- Woo WA6 SE vs. WA22
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 8 seconds ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 41 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 41 seconds ago
- › ath m50x or beats solo2 ? 47 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 54 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Wanted: Cheap Portable Audio Player 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K701 with Single-ended Moon Audio Black Dragon Cable (10 ft/3 m) 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)