Has anyone heard both of these? What are the sonic and other relevant differences? Thank You!
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- WA6 has a low frequency hum on the left side, no matter what tubes are in it. Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- A little help on WA22 Last post on 5/18/11 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK IV or WooAudio Last post on 4/9/11 at 5:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Woo WA6 SE vs. WA22post #1 of 185/12/10 at 8:21pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 185/12/10 at 10:28pm
You should compare WA6 SE with the WA2, not WA22 as this is for the balanced output.
In simple words, WA2 is more "tube" sound as its construction and the tubes used.
I am still waiting my WA2 arrival and i hope i can have a more detail listening before have any further comments.post #3 of 185/13/10 at 6:06amThread Starterpost #4 of 185/13/10 at 6:47amQuote:
I would say apples and oranges.
The Woo2 amp is OTL, where the 6 and 22 are both transformer coupled.
I have not had enough time with either to give a good impression though.
Also, why shouldent one compare a balanced amp to a SE one? If you just want to know how 2 things sound compared to eachother they should be compared without regards to whether they are balanced or not.
Edited by nikongod - 5/13/10 at 11:48ampost #5 of 185/13/10 at 7:25am
Indeed, they might be designed differently but they share two things in common: they're headphone amplifiers, and they cost money (and quite a bit of it at that).
post #6 of 186/13/10 at 1:25pm
I think that this is fair comparison. Jack actually recommended the WA22 as an upgrade the WA6SE for SE headphones. Although, he did strongly recommend a balanced source for the WA22.
I would like to know the difference between these two amps driving single-ended headphones. Since the maxed WA6SE is closer in price to the WA22, I think that version would also allow for the most valid comparison.post #7 of 186/27/10 at 8:51ampost #8 of 186/29/10 at 2:04pm
Never WA2, but I heard WA6SE at meet and my own WA22. WA6SE sound more tube to me, very musical, but WA22 is more detailed.
It is very hard for me to pick which one like better with T1. HD650 is better with WA22 balanced.
Edited by Seamaster - 6/29/10 at 2:06pmpost #9 of 187/5/10 at 7:03amThread Starterpost #10 of 187/5/10 at 7:10pm
Thanks for the input.
I keep hearing great things about the WA5LE. It is very tempting, but after you figure in upgrades and tubes there is an easy 2k tacked on the base price. Since this will be my first tube amp purchase, I am afraid that I wouldn't be able to appreciate the awesomeness of the WA5LE (not to mention that I would have to save up for a few more months).
Just to reiterate I'm pretty much a noob with all this. I keep going between the WA6SE, WA22, and the DNA Sonett, but I just can't decide which one.post #11 of 187/5/10 at 10:24pmThread Starter
Forget the upgrades. Sure the parts are better, but I think you will be spending a lot of $$$ for minor improvements.
Just get the "vanilla" amp, and get additional tubes later as you see fit.post #12 of 187/28/10 at 3:08pmpost #13 of 187/28/10 at 3:51pm
X2. It's the tube that have an audible effect on the sound not the hardware upgrades.
post #14 of 181/29/11 at 2:28am
I have emailed WooAudio
"Hi i dont know what should be better sound quality wise
WA6 SE with all upgrades or clean WA22?
I wont use WA22 as preamp and my HD800's are not ballanced."
and this is what i got in response
"Thank you for your interests. The WA22 outperforms the WA6-SE if you use a
balanced source. If you don't have a balanced source, the 6SE is a better
choice. You do not need a balanced headphone cable, however. Each of the
output offers similar performance.
Jack"post #15 of 182/15/11 at 9:07pm
If the parts are a minor improvements why have the option to upgrade, especially if they cost to much. Some of these parts upgrades cost more than the tube upgrades.
This might be a stretch but has anyone compared a stock Woo Amp with no upgrades versus the same amp with parts upgrades only?
- Woo WA6 SE vs. WA22
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Long awaited Smyth SVS Realiser NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE 10 seconds ago
- › Closed Headphones that Sound like HD650? 11 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Rookie needs some advices. Looking for Closed Headphones. 1 minute ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 2 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN HE-400i touring event is coming. 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 4 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Issues with the ODAC 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)