Has anyone heard both of these? What are the sonic and other relevant differences? Thank You!
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- WA6 has a low frequency hum on the left side, no matter what tubes are in it. Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- A little help on WA22 Last post on 5/18/11 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK IV or WooAudio Last post on 4/9/11 at 5:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Here is my review for the Brainwavz BLU-200 Bluetooth earphones. I must say that I really like and respect the Brainwavz brand and that they deserve attention with their high quality/budget...
Woo WA6 SE vs. WA22post #1 of 185/12/10 at 8:21pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 185/12/10 at 10:28pm
You should compare WA6 SE with the WA2, not WA22 as this is for the balanced output.
In simple words, WA2 is more "tube" sound as its construction and the tubes used.
I am still waiting my WA2 arrival and i hope i can have a more detail listening before have any further comments.post #3 of 185/13/10 at 6:06amThread Starterpost #4 of 185/13/10 at 6:47amQuote:
I would say apples and oranges.
The Woo2 amp is OTL, where the 6 and 22 are both transformer coupled.
I have not had enough time with either to give a good impression though.
Also, why shouldent one compare a balanced amp to a SE one? If you just want to know how 2 things sound compared to eachother they should be compared without regards to whether they are balanced or not.
Edited by nikongod - 5/13/10 at 11:48ampost #5 of 185/13/10 at 7:25am
Indeed, they might be designed differently but they share two things in common: they're headphone amplifiers, and they cost money (and quite a bit of it at that).
post #6 of 186/13/10 at 1:25pm
I think that this is fair comparison. Jack actually recommended the WA22 as an upgrade the WA6SE for SE headphones. Although, he did strongly recommend a balanced source for the WA22.
I would like to know the difference between these two amps driving single-ended headphones. Since the maxed WA6SE is closer in price to the WA22, I think that version would also allow for the most valid comparison.post #7 of 186/27/10 at 8:51ampost #8 of 186/29/10 at 2:04pm
Never WA2, but I heard WA6SE at meet and my own WA22. WA6SE sound more tube to me, very musical, but WA22 is more detailed.
It is very hard for me to pick which one like better with T1. HD650 is better with WA22 balanced.
Edited by Seamaster - 6/29/10 at 2:06pmpost #9 of 187/5/10 at 7:03amThread Starterpost #10 of 187/5/10 at 7:10pm
Thanks for the input.
I keep hearing great things about the WA5LE. It is very tempting, but after you figure in upgrades and tubes there is an easy 2k tacked on the base price. Since this will be my first tube amp purchase, I am afraid that I wouldn't be able to appreciate the awesomeness of the WA5LE (not to mention that I would have to save up for a few more months).
Just to reiterate I'm pretty much a noob with all this. I keep going between the WA6SE, WA22, and the DNA Sonett, but I just can't decide which one.post #11 of 187/5/10 at 10:24pmThread Starter
Forget the upgrades. Sure the parts are better, but I think you will be spending a lot of $$$ for minor improvements.
Just get the "vanilla" amp, and get additional tubes later as you see fit.post #12 of 187/28/10 at 3:08pmpost #13 of 187/28/10 at 3:51pm
X2. It's the tube that have an audible effect on the sound not the hardware upgrades.
post #14 of 181/29/11 at 2:28am
I have emailed WooAudio
"Hi i dont know what should be better sound quality wise
WA6 SE with all upgrades or clean WA22?
I wont use WA22 as preamp and my HD800's are not ballanced."
and this is what i got in response
"Thank you for your interests. The WA22 outperforms the WA6-SE if you use a
balanced source. If you don't have a balanced source, the 6SE is a better
choice. You do not need a balanced headphone cable, however. Each of the
output offers similar performance.
Jack"post #15 of 182/15/11 at 9:07pm
If the parts are a minor improvements why have the option to upgrade, especially if they cost to much. Some of these parts upgrades cost more than the tube upgrades.
This might be a stretch but has anyone compared a stock Woo Amp with no upgrades versus the same amp with parts upgrades only?
- Woo WA6 SE vs. WA22
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 7 seconds ago
- › New - Cowon Plenue S 29 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Objectivists board room 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 6 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Schiit Audio Bifrost DAC by bosiemoncrieff
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...