Has anyone heard both of these? What are the sonic and other relevant differences? Thank You!
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help Choosing Headphones/Amp/DAC/Cables Last post on 7/11/12 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- WA6 has a low frequency hum on the left side, no matter what tubes are in it. Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- A little help on WA22 Last post on 5/18/11 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK IV or WooAudio Last post on 4/9/11 at 5:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Woo WA6 SE vs. WA22post #1 of 185/12/10 at 8:21pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 185/12/10 at 10:28pm
You should compare WA6 SE with the WA2, not WA22 as this is for the balanced output.
In simple words, WA2 is more "tube" sound as its construction and the tubes used.
I am still waiting my WA2 arrival and i hope i can have a more detail listening before have any further comments.post #3 of 185/13/10 at 6:06amThread Starterpost #4 of 185/13/10 at 6:47amQuote:
I would say apples and oranges.
The Woo2 amp is OTL, where the 6 and 22 are both transformer coupled.
I have not had enough time with either to give a good impression though.
Also, why shouldent one compare a balanced amp to a SE one? If you just want to know how 2 things sound compared to eachother they should be compared without regards to whether they are balanced or not.
Edited by nikongod - 5/13/10 at 11:48ampost #5 of 185/13/10 at 7:25am
Indeed, they might be designed differently but they share two things in common: they're headphone amplifiers, and they cost money (and quite a bit of it at that).
post #6 of 186/13/10 at 1:25pm
I think that this is fair comparison. Jack actually recommended the WA22 as an upgrade the WA6SE for SE headphones. Although, he did strongly recommend a balanced source for the WA22.
I would like to know the difference between these two amps driving single-ended headphones. Since the maxed WA6SE is closer in price to the WA22, I think that version would also allow for the most valid comparison.post #7 of 186/27/10 at 8:51ampost #8 of 186/29/10 at 2:04pm
Never WA2, but I heard WA6SE at meet and my own WA22. WA6SE sound more tube to me, very musical, but WA22 is more detailed.
It is very hard for me to pick which one like better with T1. HD650 is better with WA22 balanced.
Edited by Seamaster - 6/29/10 at 2:06pmpost #9 of 187/5/10 at 7:03amThread Starterpost #10 of 187/5/10 at 7:10pm
Thanks for the input.
I keep hearing great things about the WA5LE. It is very tempting, but after you figure in upgrades and tubes there is an easy 2k tacked on the base price. Since this will be my first tube amp purchase, I am afraid that I wouldn't be able to appreciate the awesomeness of the WA5LE (not to mention that I would have to save up for a few more months).
Just to reiterate I'm pretty much a noob with all this. I keep going between the WA6SE, WA22, and the DNA Sonett, but I just can't decide which one.post #11 of 187/5/10 at 10:24pmThread Starter
Forget the upgrades. Sure the parts are better, but I think you will be spending a lot of $$$ for minor improvements.
Just get the "vanilla" amp, and get additional tubes later as you see fit.post #12 of 187/28/10 at 3:08pmpost #13 of 187/28/10 at 3:51pm
X2. It's the tube that have an audible effect on the sound not the hardware upgrades.
post #14 of 181/29/11 at 2:28am
I have emailed WooAudio
"Hi i dont know what should be better sound quality wise
WA6 SE with all upgrades or clean WA22?
I wont use WA22 as preamp and my HD800's are not ballanced."
and this is what i got in response
"Thank you for your interests. The WA22 outperforms the WA6-SE if you use a
balanced source. If you don't have a balanced source, the 6SE is a better
choice. You do not need a balanced headphone cable, however. Each of the
output offers similar performance.
Jack"post #15 of 182/15/11 at 9:07pm
If the parts are a minor improvements why have the option to upgrade, especially if they cost to much. Some of these parts upgrades cost more than the tube upgrades.
This might be a stretch but has anyone compared a stock Woo Amp with no upgrades versus the same amp with parts upgrades only?
- Woo WA6 SE vs. WA22
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 36 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 48 seconds ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 vs Yamaha M200 1 minute ago
- › Asus Xonar U7: Does it support stereo and line-in upmixing to... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 3 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2