Sweet, thanks treal. Sorry to hear about the M-Stage. Hopefully they take care of it quickly/efficiently.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 9/5/15 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble: Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing...
At the time this review was written, the Echobox Finder X1 was listed for sale on their website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
At the time this review was written, the Alpha & Delta was listed for sale on Lendmeurears website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
It’s not often I have the absolute pleasure of listening to headphones such as the MA750i. It’s been more than a year since I’ve gotten my Macaw GT100s, and several months since I’ve lost...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 57post #841 of 30392/14/11 at 12:49pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #842 of 30392/14/11 at 2:21pm
I've been playing around with the pad, and to my ears at least there's no difference in sound (like I said before, probably because the inner surface of both sets are lined with the same material)... but there is a noticeable difference in isolation, and leather pads clearly block more noise.post #843 of 30392/14/11 at 4:31pm
Artist - Donald Fagen
Song - Mary Shut the Garden Door (live)
Album - Morph the Cat
Sounding quite nice...good stuff
Now to keep myself from posting up random thoughts (couldn't help myself on this one.) I will let these continue to break in...post #844 of 30392/14/11 at 7:03pmpost #845 of 30392/14/11 at 8:18pm
Dang, that's what I feared... and once I shell out for a decent amp, my estimate of 3-4x cost over the FA-003 looks about right. From the few reviews I've read, I was hoping the HD558 would be similar enough... Anyways, thanks for the suggestion.Quote:
I don't have much experience with amps, but I can say the Mini3 opens up the soundstage, gives instruments more separation, and clears up the slight muddiness when unamped. It's not a night and day difference, but considering how minimal most source upgrades tend to be, I'd say it's very noticeable.post #846 of 30392/14/11 at 8:54pm
I have tried some of the bigger names in the headphone market (senns, denon, shure grado) at the same price range and one or two levels higher. The FA-003 was definitely the best bang for buck
post #847 of 30392/15/11 at 7:58am
Thanks spaceconvoy, I'll check out the Mini3. Ordered a Beech FA-002W today. Ordering an Music Streamer II+ and just need to lock in o a good amp for my work rig. I have an Asgard driving some Denon's (D2000) fed by a MSII+ at home, and I'm quite happy with it. If what I've read about the FA-00* series is true, I may have to 'flip it' and use this setup at home. I suspect the Asgard would drive the FA cans quite well - but I want to try out different amps to get a better sense for what I prefer.post #848 of 30392/15/11 at 8:20am
So... I just changed wood cups to plastic cups. And I can immediately say that paying $50 for LBR cups is really worth it.
With plastic FA-003 cups sound is less holographic, soundstage lost some deepness. Also these cups do something to midrange. Vocals sound less realistic....
With wood cups sound is much more enjoyable for me.post #849 of 30392/15/11 at 11:55amQuote:Originally Posted by Misterrogers
Thanks spaceconvoy, I'll check out the Mini3. Ordered a Beech FA-002W today. Ordering an Music Streamer II+ and just need to lock in o a good amp for my work rig. I have an Asgard driving some Denon's (D2000) fed by a MSII+ at home, and I'm quite happy with it. If what I've read about the FA-00* series is true, I may have to 'flip it' and use this setup at home. I suspect the Asgard would drive the FA cans quite well - but I want to try out different amps to get a better sense for what I prefer.
Haha, forget about the Mini3 then - it's the best portable option for cheapskates, but there's no reason to even look at it if you can make space for a desktop amp.post #850 of 30392/15/11 at 1:33pm
Finally I finished new cable for woodies.
Removed that holder:
Neutrik NYS226 fits perfectly:
Parts used: Canare Star Quad L-4E6S wire, Neutrik NP3X 1/4" plug, Neutrik NYS226 1/8 mono plugs, Cardas Quad Eutectic Silver Solder, 1/8" Carbon Techflex (I think 1/8" is too small....)
I'm very satisfied with these headphones.
Edited by eimis - 10/18/12 at 7:59ampost #851 of 30392/15/11 at 3:19pmpost #852 of 30392/15/11 at 3:20pmpost #853 of 30392/15/11 at 5:36pmQuote:
Did you or has anyone gotten to try J$ pads on the FA003?post #854 of 30392/15/11 at 6:00pm
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 16 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Best headphones-PMP combo for 1000 CAD (usually 0.7-1 USD) 5 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design (FAD) Piano Forte VIII (brass) in MINT condition 5 minutes ago
- › Shozy Cygnus Official Thread 8 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 8 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Flat4-Sakura Plus (音茶楽 Flat4-緋櫻Plus) 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...