Sweet, thanks treal. Sorry to hear about the M-Stage. Hopefully they take care of it quickly/efficiently.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 10/4/11 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
This is the veteran ex-flagship model from FitEar／須山補聴器 before the Mitsuharu Harada series (MH335DW) was released recently. The C435 is a 4 way crossover configuration, 5 drivers (2 highs, 2 mids 1...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 57post #841 of 29462/14/11 at 12:49pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #842 of 29462/14/11 at 2:21pm
I've been playing around with the pad, and to my ears at least there's no difference in sound (like I said before, probably because the inner surface of both sets are lined with the same material)... but there is a noticeable difference in isolation, and leather pads clearly block more noise.post #843 of 29462/14/11 at 4:31pm
Artist - Donald Fagen
Song - Mary Shut the Garden Door (live)
Album - Morph the Cat
Sounding quite nice...good stuff
Now to keep myself from posting up random thoughts (couldn't help myself on this one.) I will let these continue to break in...post #844 of 29462/14/11 at 7:03pmpost #845 of 29462/14/11 at 8:18pm
Dang, that's what I feared... and once I shell out for a decent amp, my estimate of 3-4x cost over the FA-003 looks about right. From the few reviews I've read, I was hoping the HD558 would be similar enough... Anyways, thanks for the suggestion.Quote:
I don't have much experience with amps, but I can say the Mini3 opens up the soundstage, gives instruments more separation, and clears up the slight muddiness when unamped. It's not a night and day difference, but considering how minimal most source upgrades tend to be, I'd say it's very noticeable.post #846 of 29462/14/11 at 8:54pm
I have tried some of the bigger names in the headphone market (senns, denon, shure grado) at the same price range and one or two levels higher. The FA-003 was definitely the best bang for buck
post #847 of 29462/15/11 at 7:58am
Thanks spaceconvoy, I'll check out the Mini3. Ordered a Beech FA-002W today. Ordering an Music Streamer II+ and just need to lock in o a good amp for my work rig. I have an Asgard driving some Denon's (D2000) fed by a MSII+ at home, and I'm quite happy with it. If what I've read about the FA-00* series is true, I may have to 'flip it' and use this setup at home. I suspect the Asgard would drive the FA cans quite well - but I want to try out different amps to get a better sense for what I prefer.post #848 of 29462/15/11 at 8:20am
So... I just changed wood cups to plastic cups. And I can immediately say that paying $50 for LBR cups is really worth it.
With plastic FA-003 cups sound is less holographic, soundstage lost some deepness. Also these cups do something to midrange. Vocals sound less realistic....
With wood cups sound is much more enjoyable for me.post #849 of 29462/15/11 at 11:55amQuote:Originally Posted by Misterrogers
Thanks spaceconvoy, I'll check out the Mini3. Ordered a Beech FA-002W today. Ordering an Music Streamer II+ and just need to lock in o a good amp for my work rig. I have an Asgard driving some Denon's (D2000) fed by a MSII+ at home, and I'm quite happy with it. If what I've read about the FA-00* series is true, I may have to 'flip it' and use this setup at home. I suspect the Asgard would drive the FA cans quite well - but I want to try out different amps to get a better sense for what I prefer.
Haha, forget about the Mini3 then - it's the best portable option for cheapskates, but there's no reason to even look at it if you can make space for a desktop amp.post #850 of 29462/15/11 at 1:33pm
Finally I finished new cable for woodies.
Removed that holder:
Neutrik NYS226 fits perfectly:
Parts used: Canare Star Quad L-4E6S wire, Neutrik NP3X 1/4" plug, Neutrik NYS226 1/8 mono plugs, Cardas Quad Eutectic Silver Solder, 1/8" Carbon Techflex (I think 1/8" is too small....)
I'm very satisfied with these headphones.
Edited by eimis - 10/18/12 at 7:59ampost #851 of 29462/15/11 at 3:19pmpost #852 of 29462/15/11 at 3:20pmpost #853 of 29462/15/11 at 5:36pmQuote:
Did you or has anyone gotten to try J$ pads on the FA003?post #854 of 29462/15/11 at 6:00pm
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 37 seconds ago
- › New Setup --> Grado GM-1000i vs. GMP 450 Pro & which portable DAC?? 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs! 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 5 minutes ago
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by TheLastDevil
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi