Sweet, thanks treal. Sorry to hear about the M-Stage. Hopefully they take care of it quickly/efficiently.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 10/4/11 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 57post #841 of 29922/14/11 at 12:49pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #842 of 29922/14/11 at 2:21pm
I've been playing around with the pad, and to my ears at least there's no difference in sound (like I said before, probably because the inner surface of both sets are lined with the same material)... but there is a noticeable difference in isolation, and leather pads clearly block more noise.post #843 of 29922/14/11 at 4:31pm
Artist - Donald Fagen
Song - Mary Shut the Garden Door (live)
Album - Morph the Cat
Sounding quite nice...good stuff
Now to keep myself from posting up random thoughts (couldn't help myself on this one.) I will let these continue to break in...post #844 of 29922/14/11 at 7:03pmpost #845 of 29922/14/11 at 8:18pm
Dang, that's what I feared... and once I shell out for a decent amp, my estimate of 3-4x cost over the FA-003 looks about right. From the few reviews I've read, I was hoping the HD558 would be similar enough... Anyways, thanks for the suggestion.Quote:
I don't have much experience with amps, but I can say the Mini3 opens up the soundstage, gives instruments more separation, and clears up the slight muddiness when unamped. It's not a night and day difference, but considering how minimal most source upgrades tend to be, I'd say it's very noticeable.post #846 of 29922/14/11 at 8:54pm
I have tried some of the bigger names in the headphone market (senns, denon, shure grado) at the same price range and one or two levels higher. The FA-003 was definitely the best bang for buck
post #847 of 29922/15/11 at 7:58am
Thanks spaceconvoy, I'll check out the Mini3. Ordered a Beech FA-002W today. Ordering an Music Streamer II+ and just need to lock in o a good amp for my work rig. I have an Asgard driving some Denon's (D2000) fed by a MSII+ at home, and I'm quite happy with it. If what I've read about the FA-00* series is true, I may have to 'flip it' and use this setup at home. I suspect the Asgard would drive the FA cans quite well - but I want to try out different amps to get a better sense for what I prefer.post #848 of 29922/15/11 at 8:20am
So... I just changed wood cups to plastic cups. And I can immediately say that paying $50 for LBR cups is really worth it.
With plastic FA-003 cups sound is less holographic, soundstage lost some deepness. Also these cups do something to midrange. Vocals sound less realistic....
With wood cups sound is much more enjoyable for me.post #849 of 29922/15/11 at 11:55amQuote:Originally Posted by Misterrogers
Thanks spaceconvoy, I'll check out the Mini3. Ordered a Beech FA-002W today. Ordering an Music Streamer II+ and just need to lock in o a good amp for my work rig. I have an Asgard driving some Denon's (D2000) fed by a MSII+ at home, and I'm quite happy with it. If what I've read about the FA-00* series is true, I may have to 'flip it' and use this setup at home. I suspect the Asgard would drive the FA cans quite well - but I want to try out different amps to get a better sense for what I prefer.
Haha, forget about the Mini3 then - it's the best portable option for cheapskates, but there's no reason to even look at it if you can make space for a desktop amp.post #850 of 29922/15/11 at 1:33pm
Finally I finished new cable for woodies.
Removed that holder:
Neutrik NYS226 fits perfectly:
Parts used: Canare Star Quad L-4E6S wire, Neutrik NP3X 1/4" plug, Neutrik NYS226 1/8 mono plugs, Cardas Quad Eutectic Silver Solder, 1/8" Carbon Techflex (I think 1/8" is too small....)
I'm very satisfied with these headphones.
Edited by eimis - 10/18/12 at 7:59ampost #851 of 29922/15/11 at 3:19pmpost #852 of 29922/15/11 at 3:20pmpost #853 of 29922/15/11 at 5:36pmQuote:
Did you or has anyone gotten to try J$ pads on the FA003?post #854 of 29922/15/11 at 6:00pm
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › World Cup 2014 51 seconds ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. User Card - uploaded! (page 88) 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! ... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Blu-ray Pure Audio vs. CD (Loudness war) 2 minutes ago
- › jh audio roxanne vs fitear 335dw 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 3 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › [NEW] T-PEOS Altone200 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction (High End... 3 minutes ago
- › Mezzo Hifi - New AK120/AK100 Mods (WM8741 in software mode) 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)