Sweet, thanks treal. Sorry to hear about the M-Stage. Hopefully they take care of it quickly/efficiently.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 9/5/15 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 57post #841 of 30392/14/11 at 12:49pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #842 of 30392/14/11 at 2:21pm
I've been playing around with the pad, and to my ears at least there's no difference in sound (like I said before, probably because the inner surface of both sets are lined with the same material)... but there is a noticeable difference in isolation, and leather pads clearly block more noise.post #843 of 30392/14/11 at 4:31pm
Artist - Donald Fagen
Song - Mary Shut the Garden Door (live)
Album - Morph the Cat
Sounding quite nice...good stuff
Now to keep myself from posting up random thoughts (couldn't help myself on this one.) I will let these continue to break in...post #844 of 30392/14/11 at 7:03pmpost #845 of 30392/14/11 at 8:18pm
Dang, that's what I feared... and once I shell out for a decent amp, my estimate of 3-4x cost over the FA-003 looks about right. From the few reviews I've read, I was hoping the HD558 would be similar enough... Anyways, thanks for the suggestion.Quote:
I don't have much experience with amps, but I can say the Mini3 opens up the soundstage, gives instruments more separation, and clears up the slight muddiness when unamped. It's not a night and day difference, but considering how minimal most source upgrades tend to be, I'd say it's very noticeable.post #846 of 30392/14/11 at 8:54pm
I have tried some of the bigger names in the headphone market (senns, denon, shure grado) at the same price range and one or two levels higher. The FA-003 was definitely the best bang for buck
post #847 of 30392/15/11 at 7:58am
Thanks spaceconvoy, I'll check out the Mini3. Ordered a Beech FA-002W today. Ordering an Music Streamer II+ and just need to lock in o a good amp for my work rig. I have an Asgard driving some Denon's (D2000) fed by a MSII+ at home, and I'm quite happy with it. If what I've read about the FA-00* series is true, I may have to 'flip it' and use this setup at home. I suspect the Asgard would drive the FA cans quite well - but I want to try out different amps to get a better sense for what I prefer.post #848 of 30392/15/11 at 8:20am
So... I just changed wood cups to plastic cups. And I can immediately say that paying $50 for LBR cups is really worth it.
With plastic FA-003 cups sound is less holographic, soundstage lost some deepness. Also these cups do something to midrange. Vocals sound less realistic....
With wood cups sound is much more enjoyable for me.post #849 of 30392/15/11 at 11:55amQuote:Originally Posted by Misterrogers
Thanks spaceconvoy, I'll check out the Mini3. Ordered a Beech FA-002W today. Ordering an Music Streamer II+ and just need to lock in o a good amp for my work rig. I have an Asgard driving some Denon's (D2000) fed by a MSII+ at home, and I'm quite happy with it. If what I've read about the FA-00* series is true, I may have to 'flip it' and use this setup at home. I suspect the Asgard would drive the FA cans quite well - but I want to try out different amps to get a better sense for what I prefer.
Haha, forget about the Mini3 then - it's the best portable option for cheapskates, but there's no reason to even look at it if you can make space for a desktop amp.post #850 of 30392/15/11 at 1:33pm
Finally I finished new cable for woodies.
Removed that holder:
Neutrik NYS226 fits perfectly:
Parts used: Canare Star Quad L-4E6S wire, Neutrik NP3X 1/4" plug, Neutrik NYS226 1/8 mono plugs, Cardas Quad Eutectic Silver Solder, 1/8" Carbon Techflex (I think 1/8" is too small....)
I'm very satisfied with these headphones.
Edited by eimis - 10/18/12 at 7:59ampost #851 of 30392/15/11 at 3:19pmpost #852 of 30392/15/11 at 3:20pmpost #853 of 30392/15/11 at 5:36pmQuote:
Did you or has anyone gotten to try J$ pads on the FA003?post #854 of 30392/15/11 at 6:00pm
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 11 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 17 seconds ago
- › Solo 2 or studio 2? 1 minute ago
- › Sound Blaster X7 - Impressions? Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › I did my own listening test...four formats...did I hear a difference? 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › Mint Audeze LCD-4 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Any Houston Meets? 5 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...