Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 194

post #2896 of 2999

Oh, to answer White Lotus' question, Ireland.

 

I'll email Fischer Audio tomorrow most likely. Thanks for the tip =)

post #2897 of 2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreded View Post

Thank you for your replies. Here are a few pictures from multiple angles.

http://imgur.com/a/JlaxJ
I wonder that was cause by the plastic weakening or because of the stress of them being forced to open. What is your head hat size?
post #2898 of 2999

Here are some photos of the rear of the drivers.

 

These little boards are interesting - anyone ever tried swapping the wires around on these?

 

VERY interesting stuff..

 

 

 


Edited by White Lotus - 10/22/13 at 11:15pm
post #2899 of 2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeardAnimal View Post
 

hey! anyone have any idea how these are for mixing/editing/studio work?

also how they compare to the KRK KNS 8400's, or AKG K240's... or other budget studio phones for being flat/neutral/detailed for surgical audio work?

the FA003 has a tunnelled/funnelled sound...unless u like choral/trance-like music. .

 

8400 is clear, a little bright at times..thin sounding, bass is lightweight but has a slight rumble u can feel on the ears.

 

(240 is semi open...)i heard the closed version,  271mk2, i think i would go for the AKG, sounds neutral to slightly cool, quite balanced up n down. 

 

just talking off my memory. :P

post #2900 of 2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarti View Post


I wonder that was cause by the plastic weakening or because of the stress of them being forced to open. What is your head hat size?

Well, the fact that the cracks on either side are not inline, I'm certain it's undue torsion. Possibly leant on something, or during transportation, or perhaps other similar circumstance. The cause definitely wasn't fatigue due to regular usage.

post #2901 of 2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

the FA003 has a tunnelled/funnelled sound...unless u like choral/trance-like music. .

 

U must have a defective pair...

post #2902 of 2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
 

 

U must have a defective pair...

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with Lor on this one.  My recollection with my time owning the FA-003 was that while it was very smooth, that it did suffer from what some others describe as a "cavernous" sound.  I suspect it's due to how deep the earpads are.  While not a bad sounding pair of headphones, I would say that it does have a bit wonky of a sound signature that definitely doesn't suit well to fast/high energy music.

post #2903 of 2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
 

 

U must have a defective pair...

 

I'd also be in agreement with Lorspeaker.  My experience with HM5 was similar.  Here was a comment from my review when I had them:

 

Quote:
 The HM5 is almost there - but on really punchy tracks it can exhibit a very faint boominess/reverb

 

I guess with proper damping you could negate it.  Was still a marvelous headphone for the money though.

post #2904 of 2999

Remove the foam piece in back port. 

post #2905 of 2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryPham View Post
 

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with Lor on this one.  My recollection with my time owning the FA-003 was that while it was very smooth, that it did suffer from what some others describe as a "cavernous" sound.  I suspect it's due to how deep the earpads are.  While not a bad sounding pair of headphones, I would say that it does have a bit wonky of a sound signature that definitely doesn't suit well to fast/high energy music.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooko View Post

 

I'd also be in agreement with Lorspeaker.  My experience with HM5 was similar.  Here was a comment from my review when I had them:

 

I guess with proper damping you could negate it.  Was still a marvelous headphone for the money though.

 

Interesting. At first, I thought my set was defective because it was too forward and seemed like the sound was going to collapse on top of me if I turned up the volume. A gradual loosening up of the clamping alleviated most of this. I find the sound signature almost like a closed HD600 or closed HE-5LE. It is basically neutral with a nice space surround....not congested.

post #2906 of 2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
 

Quote:

 

 I find the sound signature almost like a closed HD600 or closed HE-5LE. It is basically neutral with a nice space surround....not congested.

 

Oh - totally agree.  Very much similar tonality to the HD600.  It was the slight reverb / hollow sound in the bass that was the only thing I didn't exactly 'gel with'.  Otherwise a great headphone for the money.

post #2907 of 2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

Remove the foam piece in back port. 

 

Interesting.. What does this do?

post #2908 of 2999

i had the 003...then the HM5 , diff caves of same mountain.

:biggrin:

post #2909 of 2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

i had the 003...then the HM5 , diff caves of same mountain.

:biggrin:

 

Are THESE the same as well?

post #2910 of 2999

there's another brand too..escaped my mind now. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!