Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 193

post #2881 of 3009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashade View Post
 

the vocals are somewhat distant and with echo


..."Echo"? 

 

Are you positive? 

post #2882 of 3009

I had them for one year. I'm positive. Call it rumble, or lack of detail if you prefer.

 

Don´t get me wrong, it´s a pretty good can for the price (specially at $75), one of the best bangs for the buck, but it definitely has some flaws. It is not perfect.


Edited by Ashade - 10/10/13 at 11:37pm
post #2883 of 3009

Echo =/= lack of detail OR rumble. I'm not entirely sure which characteristic you're talking about here.

 

(I'm not disagreeing with you, just trying to determine which flaw you are outlining)

post #2884 of 3009

As I already mentioned, the only thing I didn´t completely enjoy on these cans were the vocals. The were slightly recessed and had kind of a "tunnel" sound on them. I don´t own them anymore, but if you try to add 2 or 3 db on the 

 

I enjoyed them for loooong long time, and I think they are pretty good, they were just not the cans I enjoyed the vocals the most.

post #2885 of 3009

After a good year and a half of use, the arm connecting the cup to the slider (I assume that's what the parts are called) has broken. It's still attached, but the structural rigidity is gone, and it's only a matter of time until it breaks clean off.

 

Do any distributors carry spare parts, or maybe Fischer Audio directly? Any help would be very much appreciated. 

 

Cheers!

post #2886 of 3009

Where are you located?

post #2887 of 3009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreded View Post
 

After a good year and a half of use, the arm connecting the cup to the slider (I assume that's what the parts are called) has broken. It's still attached, but the structural rigidity is gone, and it's only a matter of time until it breaks clean off.

 

Do any distributors carry spare parts, or maybe Fischer Audio directly? Any help would be very much appreciated. 

 

Cheers!

Contact Fischer directly, Dimitry will help you with parts.

post #2888 of 3009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreded View Post

After a good year and a half of use, the arm connecting the cup to the slider (I assume that's what the parts are called) has broken. It's still attached, but the structural rigidity is gone, and it's only a matter of time until it breaks clean off.

Do any distributors carry spare parts, or maybe Fischer Audio directly? Any help would be very much appreciated. 

Cheers!
Can you post a picture showing the part where it broke?
post #2889 of 3009

hey! anyone have any idea how these are for mixing/editing/studio work?

also how they compare to the KRK KNS 8400's, or AKG K240's... or other budget studio phones for being flat/neutral/detailed for surgical audio work?

post #2890 of 3009

I didn't particularly love these for Live mixing - mainly because they don't fold up (They don't fit well in a bag) and have pretty heavy clamping force, which isn't great for long periods of time.

 

I know your question was in relation to studio work, but for live work, the M50 is probably a better option.

post #2891 of 3009

as I have heard, the m50 is a little too bassy and coloured for my purposes, I want as honest a set as I can find... has anyone compared these to the KRK KNS-8400's? or similar flat phones?

post #2892 of 3009
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeardAnimal View Post
 

as I have heard, the m50 is a little too bassy and coloured for my purposes, I want as honest a set as I can find... has anyone compared these to the KRK KNS-8400's? or similar flat phones?

 

The latest M50s are slightly more neutral than before. With a good amp/dac they have a slight mid-bass hump. I wouldn't even call them bass heavy anymore.

The older M50s were darker and had recessed mids.

 

 

post #2893 of 3009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler View Post

The latest M50s are slightly more neutral than before. With a good amp/dac they have a slight mid-bass hump. I wouldn't even call them bass heavy anymore.
The older M50s were darker and had recessed mids.


Any proof on this?
post #2894 of 3009

Thank you for your replies. Here are a few pictures from multiple angles.

 

http://imgur.com/a/JlaxJ

post #2895 of 3009

Woah. Nice macro.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!