How well do these scale with amplification? Considering getting a O2 or E12 for them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 9/5/15 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/823483/hifiman-re-00-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: OMFG...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 189post #2821 of 30406/15/13 at 5:58am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2822 of 30406/15/13 at 6:19ampost #2823 of 30406/15/13 at 11:00am
Just got my fa-003 back from girlfriend. She did a great smell-in. While she had them I was listening to modded fostex T50RP. And my impressions are that Fa-003 are really holographic. They've got depth that isn't quite there with T50RP. Also FA-003 have more upper mids which is a bit fatiguing and more bass which is less textured/controlled. T50RP have wider soundstage. So in short I'd say FA-003 are more 'fun' sounding, while T50RP are more accurate.. I'm running both from Yulong D100 > O2.
Edited by eimis - 6/15/13 at 11:04ampost #2824 of 30406/16/13 at 11:00ampost #2825 of 30406/19/13 at 1:15pm
I also ordered the Jaycars. Can you tell me how long it takes for them to get to you?(living in europe) also will they send you an email when they ship it?
Sent some email to their customer service but no reaction so far.
Also after reading over 100 posts on this and other threads I couldnt ultimately resist going for the Jaycar.
As I understood it..this is the same as the FA003 and HM5.
The HM5/FA003 are called bang for the bang champs and the Jaycars are 50% cheaper.Does this mean than the jaycars are the biggest bang for the bucks headphones around?
Any downsides of the HM5/FA003?
How does the owners of HM5/FA003 findthat the Jaycars are so much cheaper and basically the same?post #2826 of 30406/19/13 at 3:23pmpost #2827 of 30406/19/13 at 4:27pmpost #2828 of 30406/20/13 at 3:09amQuote:Hi jackal,
Got the message today. Can't wait for itpost #2829 of 30407/2/13 at 4:26ampost #2830 of 30407/3/13 at 4:35am
Fisher FA-003 Clone
NVX Audio XPT100
Minus 5% from pop-up discount code = $95.00 UPS from Kentucky.
Just got mine yesterday...Sooooo Comfortable!
Comes with short and long cord and straight plus angled pads:
Extra Pads:post #2831 of 30407/3/13 at 4:58ampost #2832 of 30407/3/13 at 2:50pmpost #2833 of 30407/3/13 at 3:53pmpost #2834 of 30407/3/13 at 4:33pmDefinitely time for some cables.
I might need to remove the "recessed" female sockets from these units, and replace them with the "standard" female sockets I've used on some of my other cans:
But we will see how I go. Has anyone tried this?
Also, RE: angeld pads. I'd love to try some also. Would "Mad dog" pads suit the FA003? Or would they not fit..
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Tennmak 31 seconds ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The decline of the forum signature 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 3 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Kumitate (くみたて) Lab: A Triumph and Celebration of DIY - Impressions... 4 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD381 IEM 6 minutes ago
- › dap recommendation 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...