How well do these scale with amplification? Considering getting a O2 or E12 for them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 9/5/15 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This has been called beats for audiophiles. It has great sound, is neutral and detailed, but they are glossy and fairly fashionable. In general, I like a V shape and listen to hardcore, metal,...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of New Zealand tour arranged by @Brooko & @Andykong, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
Ok so it is 2017 and I'm late to the party but I just got this headphone from Singapore Jaben because it seems they were clearing their stock. I got this for a whooping $34.90 SGD!! When I looked...
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 189post #2821 of 30446/15/13 at 5:58am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2822 of 30446/15/13 at 6:19ampost #2823 of 30446/15/13 at 11:00am
Just got my fa-003 back from girlfriend. She did a great smell-in. While she had them I was listening to modded fostex T50RP. And my impressions are that Fa-003 are really holographic. They've got depth that isn't quite there with T50RP. Also FA-003 have more upper mids which is a bit fatiguing and more bass which is less textured/controlled. T50RP have wider soundstage. So in short I'd say FA-003 are more 'fun' sounding, while T50RP are more accurate.. I'm running both from Yulong D100 > O2.
Edited by eimis - 6/15/13 at 11:04ampost #2824 of 30446/16/13 at 11:00ampost #2825 of 30446/19/13 at 1:15pm
I also ordered the Jaycars. Can you tell me how long it takes for them to get to you?(living in europe) also will they send you an email when they ship it?
Sent some email to their customer service but no reaction so far.
Also after reading over 100 posts on this and other threads I couldnt ultimately resist going for the Jaycar.
As I understood it..this is the same as the FA003 and HM5.
The HM5/FA003 are called bang for the bang champs and the Jaycars are 50% cheaper.Does this mean than the jaycars are the biggest bang for the bucks headphones around?
Any downsides of the HM5/FA003?
How does the owners of HM5/FA003 findthat the Jaycars are so much cheaper and basically the same?post #2826 of 30446/19/13 at 3:23pmpost #2827 of 30446/19/13 at 4:27pmpost #2828 of 30446/20/13 at 3:09amQuote:Hi jackal,
Got the message today. Can't wait for itpost #2829 of 30447/2/13 at 4:26ampost #2830 of 30447/3/13 at 4:35am
Fisher FA-003 Clone
NVX Audio XPT100
Minus 5% from pop-up discount code = $95.00 UPS from Kentucky.
Just got mine yesterday...Sooooo Comfortable!
Comes with short and long cord and straight plus angled pads:
Extra Pads:post #2831 of 30447/3/13 at 4:58ampost #2832 of 30447/3/13 at 2:50pmpost #2833 of 30447/3/13 at 3:53pmpost #2834 of 30447/3/13 at 4:33pmDefinitely time for some cables.
I might need to remove the "recessed" female sockets from these units, and replace them with the "standard" female sockets I've used on some of my other cans:
But we will see how I go. Has anyone tried this?
Also, RE: angeld pads. I'd love to try some also. Would "Mad dog" pads suit the FA003? Or would they not fit..
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Advice on first major headphone purchase 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-7200 2 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP60 3 minutes ago
- › [ Interest Check ] : Emotiva Airmotiv 6s Studio Monitors 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5iii Firmware Modification Project 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio M3 or X1, number of tracks 4 minutes ago
- › LKS Audio MH-DA003 4 minutes ago
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Goldring DR150 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by themindfreak
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear