How well do these scale with amplification? Considering getting a O2 or E12 for them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 9/5/15 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 189post #2821 of 30396/15/13 at 5:58am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2822 of 30396/15/13 at 6:19ampost #2823 of 30396/15/13 at 11:00am
Just got my fa-003 back from girlfriend. She did a great smell-in. While she had them I was listening to modded fostex T50RP. And my impressions are that Fa-003 are really holographic. They've got depth that isn't quite there with T50RP. Also FA-003 have more upper mids which is a bit fatiguing and more bass which is less textured/controlled. T50RP have wider soundstage. So in short I'd say FA-003 are more 'fun' sounding, while T50RP are more accurate.. I'm running both from Yulong D100 > O2.
Edited by eimis - 6/15/13 at 11:04ampost #2824 of 30396/16/13 at 11:00ampost #2825 of 30396/19/13 at 1:15pm
I also ordered the Jaycars. Can you tell me how long it takes for them to get to you?(living in europe) also will they send you an email when they ship it?
Sent some email to their customer service but no reaction so far.
Also after reading over 100 posts on this and other threads I couldnt ultimately resist going for the Jaycar.
As I understood it..this is the same as the FA003 and HM5.
The HM5/FA003 are called bang for the bang champs and the Jaycars are 50% cheaper.Does this mean than the jaycars are the biggest bang for the bucks headphones around?
Any downsides of the HM5/FA003?
How does the owners of HM5/FA003 findthat the Jaycars are so much cheaper and basically the same?post #2826 of 30396/19/13 at 3:23pmpost #2827 of 30396/19/13 at 4:27pmpost #2828 of 30396/20/13 at 3:09amQuote:Hi jackal,
Got the message today. Can't wait for itpost #2829 of 30397/2/13 at 4:26ampost #2830 of 30397/3/13 at 4:35am
Fisher FA-003 Clone
NVX Audio XPT100
Minus 5% from pop-up discount code = $95.00 UPS from Kentucky.
Just got mine yesterday...Sooooo Comfortable!
Comes with short and long cord and straight plus angled pads:
Extra Pads:post #2831 of 30397/3/13 at 4:58ampost #2832 of 30397/3/13 at 2:50pmpost #2833 of 30397/3/13 at 3:53pmpost #2834 of 30397/3/13 at 4:33pmDefinitely time for some cables.
I might need to remove the "recessed" female sockets from these units, and replace them with the "standard" female sockets I've used on some of my other cans:
But we will see how I go. Has anyone tried this?
Also, RE: angeld pads. I'd love to try some also. Would "Mad dog" pads suit the FA003? Or would they not fit..
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › FS: Grado SR325e (Excellent Condition) 4 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 29 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 35 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 49 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › FiiO Releases the X7 Standard Edition (Without Amp Module) 2 minutes ago
- › Damping Mechanical Energy Distortion of STAX and other phones with... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...