How well do these scale with amplification? Considering getting a O2 or E12 for them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 9/5/15 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 189post #2821 of 30426/15/13 at 5:58am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2822 of 30426/15/13 at 6:19ampost #2823 of 30426/15/13 at 11:00am
Just got my fa-003 back from girlfriend. She did a great smell-in. While she had them I was listening to modded fostex T50RP. And my impressions are that Fa-003 are really holographic. They've got depth that isn't quite there with T50RP. Also FA-003 have more upper mids which is a bit fatiguing and more bass which is less textured/controlled. T50RP have wider soundstage. So in short I'd say FA-003 are more 'fun' sounding, while T50RP are more accurate.. I'm running both from Yulong D100 > O2.
Edited by eimis - 6/15/13 at 11:04ampost #2824 of 30426/16/13 at 11:00ampost #2825 of 30426/19/13 at 1:15pm
I also ordered the Jaycars. Can you tell me how long it takes for them to get to you?(living in europe) also will they send you an email when they ship it?
Sent some email to their customer service but no reaction so far.
Also after reading over 100 posts on this and other threads I couldnt ultimately resist going for the Jaycar.
As I understood it..this is the same as the FA003 and HM5.
The HM5/FA003 are called bang for the bang champs and the Jaycars are 50% cheaper.Does this mean than the jaycars are the biggest bang for the bucks headphones around?
Any downsides of the HM5/FA003?
How does the owners of HM5/FA003 findthat the Jaycars are so much cheaper and basically the same?post #2826 of 30426/19/13 at 3:23pmpost #2827 of 30426/19/13 at 4:27pmpost #2828 of 30426/20/13 at 3:09amQuote:Hi jackal,
Got the message today. Can't wait for itpost #2829 of 30427/2/13 at 4:26ampost #2830 of 30427/3/13 at 4:35am
Fisher FA-003 Clone
NVX Audio XPT100
Minus 5% from pop-up discount code = $95.00 UPS from Kentucky.
Just got mine yesterday...Sooooo Comfortable!
Comes with short and long cord and straight plus angled pads:
Extra Pads:post #2831 of 30427/3/13 at 4:58ampost #2832 of 30427/3/13 at 2:50pmpost #2833 of 30427/3/13 at 3:53pmpost #2834 of 30427/3/13 at 4:33pmDefinitely time for some cables.
I might need to remove the "recessed" female sockets from these units, and replace them with the "standard" female sockets I've used on some of my other cans:
But we will see how I go. Has anyone tried this?
Also, RE: angeld pads. I'd love to try some also. Would "Mad dog" pads suit the FA003? Or would they not fit..
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Philadelphia Area Meet, January 29, 2017 - NO Football that weekend! 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Help me find a new DAP 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Earbuds 5 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 5 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear