How well do these scale with amplification? Considering getting a O2 or E12 for them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 9/5/15 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Wireless headphones…bluetooth even…last time I tried anything wireless was my cordless phone and before that was probably back in the “70’s” with an "all in one headphone with FM/AM radio", anyway...
So, I did a lot of reading when it came to this purchase, however, no amount of reviewing can objectively explain what you are actually going to hear when you plug them in - so I said 'screw it!'...
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 189post #2821 of 30396/15/13 at 5:58am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2822 of 30396/15/13 at 6:19ampost #2823 of 30396/15/13 at 11:00am
Just got my fa-003 back from girlfriend. She did a great smell-in. While she had them I was listening to modded fostex T50RP. And my impressions are that Fa-003 are really holographic. They've got depth that isn't quite there with T50RP. Also FA-003 have more upper mids which is a bit fatiguing and more bass which is less textured/controlled. T50RP have wider soundstage. So in short I'd say FA-003 are more 'fun' sounding, while T50RP are more accurate.. I'm running both from Yulong D100 > O2.
Edited by eimis - 6/15/13 at 11:04ampost #2824 of 30396/16/13 at 11:00ampost #2825 of 30396/19/13 at 1:15pm
I also ordered the Jaycars. Can you tell me how long it takes for them to get to you?(living in europe) also will they send you an email when they ship it?
Sent some email to their customer service but no reaction so far.
Also after reading over 100 posts on this and other threads I couldnt ultimately resist going for the Jaycar.
As I understood it..this is the same as the FA003 and HM5.
The HM5/FA003 are called bang for the bang champs and the Jaycars are 50% cheaper.Does this mean than the jaycars are the biggest bang for the bucks headphones around?
Any downsides of the HM5/FA003?
How does the owners of HM5/FA003 findthat the Jaycars are so much cheaper and basically the same?post #2826 of 30396/19/13 at 3:23pmpost #2827 of 30396/19/13 at 4:27pmpost #2828 of 30396/20/13 at 3:09amQuote:Hi jackal,
Got the message today. Can't wait for itpost #2829 of 30397/2/13 at 4:26ampost #2830 of 30397/3/13 at 4:35am
Fisher FA-003 Clone
NVX Audio XPT100
Minus 5% from pop-up discount code = $95.00 UPS from Kentucky.
Just got mine yesterday...Sooooo Comfortable!
Comes with short and long cord and straight plus angled pads:
Extra Pads:post #2831 of 30397/3/13 at 4:58ampost #2832 of 30397/3/13 at 2:50pmpost #2833 of 30397/3/13 at 3:53pmpost #2834 of 30397/3/13 at 4:33pmDefinitely time for some cables.
I might need to remove the "recessed" female sockets from these units, and replace them with the "standard" female sockets I've used on some of my other cans:
But we will see how I go. Has anyone tried this?
Also, RE: angeld pads. I'd love to try some also. Would "Mad dog" pads suit the FA003? Or would they not fit..
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 2 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for IEM upgrade 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Official 2016 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 16, 2016, Wikia HQ 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › $50 Budget IEM (or other) Recommendation 8 minutes ago
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Rob80b
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...