So the HM5's and Jaycar ones use same pads? Does changing to Shure pads make them more comfortable and sound better?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 10/4/11 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 182
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2717 of 30091/1/13 at 2:21amQuote:
The HM5's and the Jaycars use the same pads (I think it's the fischer that comes with two different pads. Leather and velour pads)
As for fitting the Shure pads on it, the Shure cups look a little rounder. The HM5 pads and cups are very oval shaped but they might fit.
As for sounding better, I don't think it would make much of a difference when comparing the Shures and the HM5's. The Shure pads are a little softer but the stock pads on the HM5's are still very comfortable once you stretch the headband a bitpost #2718 of 30091/11/13 at 10:02pmMy next headphone purchase will probably be the most difficult one yet. I have narrowed it down to 3 sets: The newly popular Somic headphones, Technical Pro HPT990 and now, these. However, I am currently waiting on my Takstar Pro80 to come in the mail. A lot of Head-Fier's out there have said that the Pro80 is better than the FA-003, but anyway... If someone would like to PM me about these and how they sound compared to other headphones, I'd really appreciate it.
Keep this thread alive! -BiggBennpost #2719 of 30091/11/13 at 10:54pmpost #2720 of 30091/12/13 at 6:28ampost #2721 of 30091/13/13 at 8:27ampost #2722 of 30091/13/13 at 10:19ampost #2723 of 30091/13/13 at 12:24pmHi dsync89. My two main sets of phones for HiFi listening happen to be hd650s and fa03. They're both great phones but the ones I tend to use more frequently, particularly for prolonged listening, are the hd650s. That said,post #2724 of 30091/13/13 at 12:33pm.......to continue last post....that said, the fa03s are an excellent substitute if you want to cut out more external noise. I tend to use them outside in the Summer. The sound signature is actually quite similar. If money is tight, you might want to consider hd600s. I understand these are very similar to hd650s and some prefer them -theyre a fair bit cheaper though.post #2725 of 30091/13/13 at 5:43pm
Hey there Steve. It is a coincidence and lucky to own both cans :) May I ask why did you mentioned that you used HD650 for prolonged listening instead of FA-003. I realize that HD650 will not cut off external noise due to its open can nature. But is there any other difference between these two good cans besides this factor? If SQ and soundstage is alike I think it would not be a wise upgrade.
Put it simply, the upgrade from the plain old Philips can to FA-003 was like a day and night upgrade. That is obvious. But what of with the case of FA-003 and HD650. I've been reading that FA-003 share 'almost' similar sound signature with HD600. But how does it really fair with HD650, seeing how the price differs.post #2726 of 30091/13/13 at 6:03pmpost #2727 of 30091/13/13 at 7:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by biggbenn74
My next headphone purchase will probably be the most difficult one yet. I have narrowed it down to 3 sets: The newly popular Somic headphones, Technical Pro HPT990 and now, these. However, I am currently waiting on my Takstar Pro80 to come in the mail. A lot of Head-Fier's out there have said that the Pro80 is better than the FA-003, but anyway... If someone would like to PM me about these and how they sound compared to other headphones, I'd really appreciate it.
Keep this thread alive! -BiggBenn
Are you talking about the MH463?post #2728 of 30091/13/13 at 10:10pmQuote:
RSA SR71-B and RudiStor RPX-100 but I'm notoriously bad at judging soundstage so can't really say if it improves with balancingpost #2729 of 30091/14/13 at 8:48ampost #2730 of 30091/14/13 at 9:19am
You might want to be careful with those then. I happened to get a defective pair (http://www.head-fi.org/t/637699/50mm-driver-open-air-full-size-cans-pop-out-of-nowhere-sound-amazing/165#post_9013011) so I decided to return them. The seller mentioned to me that they had a similar complaint from another customer, so I don't really feel that they're worth the trouble. Also, unless you plan to do some heavy EQ'ing, they're nowhere close to neutral, pretty bass heavy.
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Headphone amp/dac 18 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 1 minute ago
- › New England Headfi Meet - Saturday December 6th, 2014! 5 minutes ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 6 minutes ago
- › Fischer Audio FA-005 9 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 10 minutes ago
- › New Beyer DT1350 11 minutes ago
- › IAM GROUP LIMITED (LTD.) KOREA, POVERTY 12 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)