So the HM5's and Jaycar ones use same pads? Does changing to Shure pads make them more comfortable and sound better?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 10/4/11 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 182
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2717 of 29641/1/13 at 2:21amQuote:
The HM5's and the Jaycars use the same pads (I think it's the fischer that comes with two different pads. Leather and velour pads)
As for fitting the Shure pads on it, the Shure cups look a little rounder. The HM5 pads and cups are very oval shaped but they might fit.
As for sounding better, I don't think it would make much of a difference when comparing the Shures and the HM5's. The Shure pads are a little softer but the stock pads on the HM5's are still very comfortable once you stretch the headband a bitpost #2718 of 29641/11/13 at 10:02pmMy next headphone purchase will probably be the most difficult one yet. I have narrowed it down to 3 sets: The newly popular Somic headphones, Technical Pro HPT990 and now, these. However, I am currently waiting on my Takstar Pro80 to come in the mail. A lot of Head-Fier's out there have said that the Pro80 is better than the FA-003, but anyway... If someone would like to PM me about these and how they sound compared to other headphones, I'd really appreciate it.
Keep this thread alive! -BiggBennpost #2719 of 29641/11/13 at 10:54pmpost #2720 of 29641/12/13 at 6:28ampost #2721 of 29641/13/13 at 8:27ampost #2722 of 29641/13/13 at 10:19ampost #2723 of 29641/13/13 at 12:24pmHi dsync89. My two main sets of phones for HiFi listening happen to be hd650s and fa03. They're both great phones but the ones I tend to use more frequently, particularly for prolonged listening, are the hd650s. That said,post #2724 of 29641/13/13 at 12:33pm.......to continue last post....that said, the fa03s are an excellent substitute if you want to cut out more external noise. I tend to use them outside in the Summer. The sound signature is actually quite similar. If money is tight, you might want to consider hd600s. I understand these are very similar to hd650s and some prefer them -theyre a fair bit cheaper though.post #2725 of 29641/13/13 at 5:43pm
Hey there Steve. It is a coincidence and lucky to own both cans :) May I ask why did you mentioned that you used HD650 for prolonged listening instead of FA-003. I realize that HD650 will not cut off external noise due to its open can nature. But is there any other difference between these two good cans besides this factor? If SQ and soundstage is alike I think it would not be a wise upgrade.
Put it simply, the upgrade from the plain old Philips can to FA-003 was like a day and night upgrade. That is obvious. But what of with the case of FA-003 and HD650. I've been reading that FA-003 share 'almost' similar sound signature with HD600. But how does it really fair with HD650, seeing how the price differs.post #2726 of 29641/13/13 at 6:03pmpost #2727 of 29641/13/13 at 7:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by biggbenn74
My next headphone purchase will probably be the most difficult one yet. I have narrowed it down to 3 sets: The newly popular Somic headphones, Technical Pro HPT990 and now, these. However, I am currently waiting on my Takstar Pro80 to come in the mail. A lot of Head-Fier's out there have said that the Pro80 is better than the FA-003, but anyway... If someone would like to PM me about these and how they sound compared to other headphones, I'd really appreciate it.
Keep this thread alive! -BiggBenn
Are you talking about the MH463?post #2728 of 29641/13/13 at 10:10pmQuote:
RSA SR71-B and RudiStor RPX-100 but I'm notoriously bad at judging soundstage so can't really say if it improves with balancingpost #2729 of 29641/14/13 at 8:48ampost #2730 of 29641/14/13 at 9:19am
You might want to be careful with those then. I happened to get a defective pair (http://www.head-fi.org/t/637699/50mm-driver-open-air-full-size-cans-pop-out-of-nowhere-sound-amazing/165#post_9013011) so I decided to return them. The seller mentioned to me that they had a similar complaint from another customer, so I don't really feel that they're worth the trouble. Also, unless you plan to do some heavy EQ'ing, they're nowhere close to neutral, pretty bass heavy.
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
- › New AKG flagship K812 first impression 30 seconds ago
- › WTB Bottlehead Crack or someone to build 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs! 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 4 minutes ago
- › Objective2 Mini-Review and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 6 minutes ago
- › Graham Slee Voyager 6 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital