So the HM5's and Jaycar ones use same pads? Does changing to Shure pads make them more comfortable and sound better?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 10/4/11 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 182
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2717 of 29921/1/13 at 2:21amQuote:
The HM5's and the Jaycars use the same pads (I think it's the fischer that comes with two different pads. Leather and velour pads)
As for fitting the Shure pads on it, the Shure cups look a little rounder. The HM5 pads and cups are very oval shaped but they might fit.
As for sounding better, I don't think it would make much of a difference when comparing the Shures and the HM5's. The Shure pads are a little softer but the stock pads on the HM5's are still very comfortable once you stretch the headband a bitpost #2718 of 29921/11/13 at 10:02pmMy next headphone purchase will probably be the most difficult one yet. I have narrowed it down to 3 sets: The newly popular Somic headphones, Technical Pro HPT990 and now, these. However, I am currently waiting on my Takstar Pro80 to come in the mail. A lot of Head-Fier's out there have said that the Pro80 is better than the FA-003, but anyway... If someone would like to PM me about these and how they sound compared to other headphones, I'd really appreciate it.
Keep this thread alive! -BiggBennpost #2719 of 29921/11/13 at 10:54pmpost #2720 of 29921/12/13 at 6:28ampost #2721 of 29921/13/13 at 8:27ampost #2722 of 29921/13/13 at 10:19ampost #2723 of 29921/13/13 at 12:24pmHi dsync89. My two main sets of phones for HiFi listening happen to be hd650s and fa03. They're both great phones but the ones I tend to use more frequently, particularly for prolonged listening, are the hd650s. That said,post #2724 of 29921/13/13 at 12:33pm.......to continue last post....that said, the fa03s are an excellent substitute if you want to cut out more external noise. I tend to use them outside in the Summer. The sound signature is actually quite similar. If money is tight, you might want to consider hd600s. I understand these are very similar to hd650s and some prefer them -theyre a fair bit cheaper though.post #2725 of 29921/13/13 at 5:43pm
Hey there Steve. It is a coincidence and lucky to own both cans :) May I ask why did you mentioned that you used HD650 for prolonged listening instead of FA-003. I realize that HD650 will not cut off external noise due to its open can nature. But is there any other difference between these two good cans besides this factor? If SQ and soundstage is alike I think it would not be a wise upgrade.
Put it simply, the upgrade from the plain old Philips can to FA-003 was like a day and night upgrade. That is obvious. But what of with the case of FA-003 and HD650. I've been reading that FA-003 share 'almost' similar sound signature with HD600. But how does it really fair with HD650, seeing how the price differs.post #2726 of 29921/13/13 at 6:03pmpost #2727 of 29921/13/13 at 7:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by biggbenn74
My next headphone purchase will probably be the most difficult one yet. I have narrowed it down to 3 sets: The newly popular Somic headphones, Technical Pro HPT990 and now, these. However, I am currently waiting on my Takstar Pro80 to come in the mail. A lot of Head-Fier's out there have said that the Pro80 is better than the FA-003, but anyway... If someone would like to PM me about these and how they sound compared to other headphones, I'd really appreciate it.
Keep this thread alive! -BiggBenn
Are you talking about the MH463?post #2728 of 29921/13/13 at 10:10pmQuote:
RSA SR71-B and RudiStor RPX-100 but I'm notoriously bad at judging soundstage so can't really say if it improves with balancingpost #2729 of 29921/14/13 at 8:48ampost #2730 of 29921/14/13 at 9:19am
You might want to be careful with those then. I happened to get a defective pair (http://www.head-fi.org/t/637699/50mm-driver-open-air-full-size-cans-pop-out-of-nowhere-sound-amazing/165#post_9013011) so I decided to return them. The seller mentioned to me that they had a similar complaint from another customer, so I don't really feel that they're worth the trouble. Also, unless you plan to do some heavy EQ'ing, they're nowhere close to neutral, pretty bass heavy.
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
- › FS: (PRICE DROP) Schiit Lyr w/ stock tubes and 1960's Tesla ECC88... 4 seconds ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 41 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 58 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer new DJ In-Ear Headphones DJE-2000 and DJE-1500 2 minutes ago
- › Why is Amazon (and other vendors) screwing Canadian headphone buyers? 3 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 10 minutes ago
- › [NEW] Nocs NS500 IEM 10 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob