So the HM5's and Jaycar ones use same pads? Does changing to Shure pads make them more comfortable and sound better?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 10/4/11 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 182
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2717 of 29981/1/13 at 2:21amQuote:
The HM5's and the Jaycars use the same pads (I think it's the fischer that comes with two different pads. Leather and velour pads)
As for fitting the Shure pads on it, the Shure cups look a little rounder. The HM5 pads and cups are very oval shaped but they might fit.
As for sounding better, I don't think it would make much of a difference when comparing the Shures and the HM5's. The Shure pads are a little softer but the stock pads on the HM5's are still very comfortable once you stretch the headband a bitpost #2718 of 29981/11/13 at 10:02pmMy next headphone purchase will probably be the most difficult one yet. I have narrowed it down to 3 sets: The newly popular Somic headphones, Technical Pro HPT990 and now, these. However, I am currently waiting on my Takstar Pro80 to come in the mail. A lot of Head-Fier's out there have said that the Pro80 is better than the FA-003, but anyway... If someone would like to PM me about these and how they sound compared to other headphones, I'd really appreciate it.
Keep this thread alive! -BiggBennpost #2719 of 29981/11/13 at 10:54pmpost #2720 of 29981/12/13 at 6:28ampost #2721 of 29981/13/13 at 8:27ampost #2722 of 29981/13/13 at 10:19ampost #2723 of 29981/13/13 at 12:24pmHi dsync89. My two main sets of phones for HiFi listening happen to be hd650s and fa03. They're both great phones but the ones I tend to use more frequently, particularly for prolonged listening, are the hd650s. That said,post #2724 of 29981/13/13 at 12:33pm.......to continue last post....that said, the fa03s are an excellent substitute if you want to cut out more external noise. I tend to use them outside in the Summer. The sound signature is actually quite similar. If money is tight, you might want to consider hd600s. I understand these are very similar to hd650s and some prefer them -theyre a fair bit cheaper though.post #2725 of 29981/13/13 at 5:43pm
Hey there Steve. It is a coincidence and lucky to own both cans :) May I ask why did you mentioned that you used HD650 for prolonged listening instead of FA-003. I realize that HD650 will not cut off external noise due to its open can nature. But is there any other difference between these two good cans besides this factor? If SQ and soundstage is alike I think it would not be a wise upgrade.
Put it simply, the upgrade from the plain old Philips can to FA-003 was like a day and night upgrade. That is obvious. But what of with the case of FA-003 and HD650. I've been reading that FA-003 share 'almost' similar sound signature with HD600. But how does it really fair with HD650, seeing how the price differs.post #2726 of 29981/13/13 at 6:03pmpost #2727 of 29981/13/13 at 7:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by biggbenn74
My next headphone purchase will probably be the most difficult one yet. I have narrowed it down to 3 sets: The newly popular Somic headphones, Technical Pro HPT990 and now, these. However, I am currently waiting on my Takstar Pro80 to come in the mail. A lot of Head-Fier's out there have said that the Pro80 is better than the FA-003, but anyway... If someone would like to PM me about these and how they sound compared to other headphones, I'd really appreciate it.
Keep this thread alive! -BiggBenn
Are you talking about the MH463?post #2728 of 29981/13/13 at 10:10pmQuote:
RSA SR71-B and RudiStor RPX-100 but I'm notoriously bad at judging soundstage so can't really say if it improves with balancingpost #2729 of 29981/14/13 at 8:48ampost #2730 of 29981/14/13 at 9:19am
You might want to be careful with those then. I happened to get a defective pair (http://www.head-fi.org/t/637699/50mm-driver-open-air-full-size-cans-pop-out-of-nowhere-sound-amazing/165#post_9013011) so I decided to return them. The seller mentioned to me that they had a similar complaint from another customer, so I don't really feel that they're worth the trouble. Also, unless you plan to do some heavy EQ'ing, they're nowhere close to neutral, pretty bass heavy.
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 28 seconds ago
- › Replacement Pads for Audio Technica ATH-M50S Questions 40 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 44 seconds ago
- › NOOB: DAC-AMP Recommendations under $350 58 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Recommend new headphones 1 minute ago
- › Lear BD4.2 impressions and appreciation thread + Australian tour 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600) 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)