The tight clamp was actually one of the things I liked about these.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 10/4/11 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Edited on 5/13/13
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesEdited on 8/16/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesEdited on 1/8/12
I bought these back in October and have only been able to enjoy them in the last couple of weeks (i.e. from late April 2013 after ordering in October 2012). I can't stress enough how important it...
Based in the reviews I read here I purchased the SR80i last July 2012. I thought they were way to bright, or as someone else said "ice picks" in the ears. I thought perhaps I needed an amp - and...
One channel of my Denon 250 pre-amp/amp set failed several times per listening session. So I bought the SMSL SA-98 in Hong Kong for a mere € 98,99 including transport. The trip from Hong Kong to...
Introduction First, I’d like to thank the folks at HiSoundAudio for sending me a sample of the Wooduo 2 in ear monitors for review. HiSoundAudio is a Chinese based headphone and earphone...
I ordered these when my Astrotec AM-90s finally bit the bullet. Liking them so far, however the Left side is cutting out possibly due to a short on the plug. Messaged HiFiMan and hope I get...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 181post #2701 of 28129/3/12 at 11:16am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2702 of 28129/3/12 at 12:00pmpost #2703 of 28129/3/12 at 10:09pmpost #2704 of 28129/3/12 at 10:25pm
i just gotten a HM5....hmmm...not sure if its got the "newer" pads,
but the "echo" didnt bother me tat much. i used to use the word "hall-ish" on the 003. ;P
Still, there is that dreamy sound effect which i like...for chillouts,...techno...trance.
as a contra to my AKG, grado for classicals.
DT48 is clear n sterile sounding..as if u are in a well padded room..or overly padded room in hi fi terms...my brief impression.post #2705 of 28129/3/12 at 11:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Lorspeaker
any reviews on this woody yet...just spotted it.
Here you go:post #2706 of 28129/4/12 at 8:07ampost #2707 of 281210/3/12 at 12:18ampost #2708 of 281210/20/12 at 1:42pm
I would like a neutral headphone like this, but with only a slight tilt twords the bass end, is that what this is like. And how easy is it to drive? Can I make it loud from my ipod? How bad is this echo?
Edited by sagep - 10/20/12 at 1:46pmpost #2709 of 281210/24/12 at 3:22ampost #2710 of 281210/24/12 at 6:12amESW9 is considerably darker and does not isolate all that well against background noise but does not leak much, it can also be a bit fragile in the cup hinges.
HD25 provided excelent isolation and is build like a tank but it's been too long since I owned one to comment on the sound.post #2711 of 281212/30/12 at 10:52pm
Just got these 'phones a few days ago.
run them for a few hours and they sound great... especially considering that they only cost $99 au (Jaycar Pro monitor headphones, they are just rebadged 003s/hm5s)post #2712 of 281212/31/12 at 2:45pm
Can anyone give a definitive answer on the difference between HM5 and Jaycar ones?
From reading this thread I came to understand that they are built the same and sound identical?
Are the pads used the same as well?
What's the difference then
Edited by syryanyang - 12/31/12 at 2:48pmpost #2713 of 281212/31/12 at 4:06pmpost #2714 of 281212/31/12 at 11:31pmQuote:
There isn't really any difference except the label and price.
That makes no change but I think the fa-003s have different pads
I'm 99% sure that all 3 (hm5/jaycar/fischer) headphones the exact same OEM headphones
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 52 seconds ago
- › Why are iems so cheap on ebay? 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 7 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 7 minutes ago
- › Any Opinions On The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD 8 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 10 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new série Z 12 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 13 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 14 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle by Loquah
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by jeffphus
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by REvandenBERG
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by TheGame21x
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by TKWizard
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by lepermessiah
- › FiiO E09K by Bonavon Vovo
- › Aurisonics ASG-1 Rev 1.3 by kyuuketsuki
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by sunnyape
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by dan.gheorghe
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe