The tight clamp was actually one of the things I liked about these.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 10/4/11 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
Sources used: Macbook Pro, iphone 4s, Fiio e10, Schiit Magni, This is a personal Unit: Bought at LMUE for 38USD during pre-sale Burn-in time: I don’t believe in huge differences, but in order...
Note to the Reader This was a demo unit, part of a program organized by Todd the Vinyl Junkie. A big thanks to Todd for his generosity and allowing me a week to fool around with these little...
This is a review and comparison of Ostry KC06 and KC06A in-ear headphones. http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=28 and http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=29 I get a...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 181post #2701 of 29929/3/12 at 11:16am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2702 of 29929/3/12 at 12:00pmpost #2703 of 29929/3/12 at 10:09pmpost #2704 of 29929/3/12 at 10:25pm
i just gotten a HM5....hmmm...not sure if its got the "newer" pads,
but the "echo" didnt bother me tat much. i used to use the word "hall-ish" on the 003. ;P
Still, there is that dreamy sound effect which i like...for chillouts,...techno...trance.
as a contra to my AKG, grado for classicals.
DT48 is clear n sterile sounding..as if u are in a well padded room..or overly padded room in hi fi terms...my brief impression.post #2705 of 29929/3/12 at 11:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Lorspeaker
any reviews on this woody yet...just spotted it.
Here you go:post #2706 of 29929/4/12 at 8:07ampost #2707 of 299210/3/12 at 12:18ampost #2708 of 299210/20/12 at 1:42pm
I would like a neutral headphone like this, but with only a slight tilt twords the bass end, is that what this is like. And how easy is it to drive? Can I make it loud from my ipod? How bad is this echo?
Edited by sagep - 10/20/12 at 1:46pmpost #2709 of 299210/24/12 at 3:22ampost #2710 of 299210/24/12 at 6:12amESW9 is considerably darker and does not isolate all that well against background noise but does not leak much, it can also be a bit fragile in the cup hinges.
HD25 provided excelent isolation and is build like a tank but it's been too long since I owned one to comment on the sound.post #2711 of 299212/30/12 at 10:52pm
Just got these 'phones a few days ago.
run them for a few hours and they sound great... especially considering that they only cost $99 au (Jaycar Pro monitor headphones, they are just rebadged 003s/hm5s)post #2712 of 299212/31/12 at 2:45pm
Can anyone give a definitive answer on the difference between HM5 and Jaycar ones?
From reading this thread I came to understand that they are built the same and sound identical?
Are the pads used the same as well?
What's the difference then
Edited by syryanyang - 12/31/12 at 2:48pmpost #2713 of 299212/31/12 at 4:06pmpost #2714 of 299212/31/12 at 11:31pmQuote:
There isn't really any difference except the label and price.
That makes no change but I think the fa-003s have different pads
I'm 99% sure that all 3 (hm5/jaycar/fischer) headphones the exact same OEM headphones
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 4 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Does any Xperia Phone have USB Audio Out? 8 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 8 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 8 minutes ago
- › SOLD - MINT K702 65th Anniversary Edition - Best Balanced Headphone 8 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)