The tight clamp was actually one of the things I liked about these.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 9/5/15 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 181post #2701 of 30409/3/12 at 11:16am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2702 of 30409/3/12 at 12:00pmpost #2703 of 30409/3/12 at 10:09pmpost #2704 of 30409/3/12 at 10:25pm
i just gotten a HM5....hmmm...not sure if its got the "newer" pads,
but the "echo" didnt bother me tat much. i used to use the word "hall-ish" on the 003. ;P
Still, there is that dreamy sound effect which i like...for chillouts,...techno...trance.
as a contra to my AKG, grado for classicals.
DT48 is clear n sterile sounding..as if u are in a well padded room..or overly padded room in hi fi terms...my brief impression.post #2705 of 30409/3/12 at 11:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Lorspeaker
any reviews on this woody yet...just spotted it.
Here you go:post #2706 of 30409/4/12 at 8:07ampost #2707 of 304010/3/12 at 12:18ampost #2708 of 304010/20/12 at 1:42pm
I would like a neutral headphone like this, but with only a slight tilt twords the bass end, is that what this is like. And how easy is it to drive? Can I make it loud from my ipod? How bad is this echo?
Edited by sagep - 10/20/12 at 1:46pmpost #2709 of 304010/24/12 at 3:22ampost #2710 of 304010/24/12 at 6:12amESW9 is considerably darker and does not isolate all that well against background noise but does not leak much, it can also be a bit fragile in the cup hinges.
HD25 provided excelent isolation and is build like a tank but it's been too long since I owned one to comment on the sound.post #2711 of 304012/30/12 at 10:52pm
Just got these 'phones a few days ago.
run them for a few hours and they sound great... especially considering that they only cost $99 au (Jaycar Pro monitor headphones, they are just rebadged 003s/hm5s)post #2712 of 304012/31/12 at 2:45pm
Can anyone give a definitive answer on the difference between HM5 and Jaycar ones?
From reading this thread I came to understand that they are built the same and sound identical?
Are the pads used the same as well?
What's the difference then
Edited by syryanyang - 12/31/12 at 2:48pmpost #2713 of 304012/31/12 at 4:06pmpost #2714 of 304012/31/12 at 11:31pmQuote:
There isn't really any difference except the label and price.
That makes no change but I think the fa-003s have different pads
I'm 99% sure that all 3 (hm5/jaycar/fischer) headphones the exact same OEM headphones
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 9 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 21 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 32 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 38 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › Is it worth it? 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser debuts a bunch of new headphones at IFA 3 minutes ago
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...