The tight clamp was actually one of the things I liked about these.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 10/4/11 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
FiiO Mont Blanc for IEM When you pick up the Mont Blanc you feel like you have something substantial in your hand. Not that is is overly heavy, no, it is conveys the impression that this thing...
I borrowed these from a friend as a trial and I can see why he likes them, unfortunately I do not. Let me elaborate on this as it's no justification at all to dismiss these earphone because I...
My main review is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/752588/review-earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor. This will house the TL;DR version: From the comfort, custom-like fit,...
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 181post #2701 of 30139/3/12 at 11:16am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2702 of 30139/3/12 at 12:00pmpost #2703 of 30139/3/12 at 10:09pmpost #2704 of 30139/3/12 at 10:25pm
i just gotten a HM5....hmmm...not sure if its got the "newer" pads,
but the "echo" didnt bother me tat much. i used to use the word "hall-ish" on the 003. ;P
Still, there is that dreamy sound effect which i like...for chillouts,...techno...trance.
as a contra to my AKG, grado for classicals.
DT48 is clear n sterile sounding..as if u are in a well padded room..or overly padded room in hi fi terms...my brief impression.post #2705 of 30139/3/12 at 11:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Lorspeaker
any reviews on this woody yet...just spotted it.
Here you go:post #2706 of 30139/4/12 at 8:07ampost #2707 of 301310/3/12 at 12:18ampost #2708 of 301310/20/12 at 1:42pm
I would like a neutral headphone like this, but with only a slight tilt twords the bass end, is that what this is like. And how easy is it to drive? Can I make it loud from my ipod? How bad is this echo?
Edited by sagep - 10/20/12 at 1:46pmpost #2709 of 301310/24/12 at 3:22ampost #2710 of 301310/24/12 at 6:12amESW9 is considerably darker and does not isolate all that well against background noise but does not leak much, it can also be a bit fragile in the cup hinges.
HD25 provided excelent isolation and is build like a tank but it's been too long since I owned one to comment on the sound.post #2711 of 301312/30/12 at 10:52pm
Just got these 'phones a few days ago.
run them for a few hours and they sound great... especially considering that they only cost $99 au (Jaycar Pro monitor headphones, they are just rebadged 003s/hm5s)post #2712 of 301312/31/12 at 2:45pm
Can anyone give a definitive answer on the difference between HM5 and Jaycar ones?
From reading this thread I came to understand that they are built the same and sound identical?
Are the pads used the same as well?
What's the difference then
Edited by syryanyang - 12/31/12 at 2:48pmpost #2713 of 301312/31/12 at 4:06pmpost #2714 of 301312/31/12 at 11:31pmQuote:
There isn't really any difference except the label and price.
That makes no change but I think the fa-003s have different pads
I'm 99% sure that all 3 (hm5/jaycar/fischer) headphones the exact same OEM headphones
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 8 seconds ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 25 seconds ago
- › Recommendation needed for bass oriented iem 38 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 42 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2... MicroSD Slot & 33 hours Hi-Res Playback 51 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 57 seconds ago
- › Audio Shops in Utah? 1 minute ago
- › ATH AD700 or Alessandro MS1 1 minute ago
- › NVX XPT100 (HM5 clone) - nonexistent bass, tinny and artificial... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)