Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 9/5/15 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Soundaware M1 Pro / “Esther” – initial impressions I had the opportunity to listen to the Soundaware M1 Pro as part of the recent UK and North American tours that the company have...
Bought these after receiving the Massdrop HE-350s which were just too treble-forward for my taste. I listen to a lot of music when at work. Desk space is limited, so I can't justify running an...
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 167post #2491 of 30405/27/12 at 3:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2492 of 30405/27/12 at 5:25ampost #2493 of 30405/27/12 at 6:35ampost #2494 of 30405/27/12 at 8:02pmpost #2495 of 30405/27/12 at 8:28pmQuote:
They don't need an amp, but they are very laid back IME.post #2496 of 30405/27/12 at 8:51pmQuote:
More than 2 coworkers of mine after hearing them said they need an amp if using iPod or iPhone. I use my FiiO E11 with LOD with my iPod touch. No need for amp if using my Sansa.post #2497 of 30405/27/12 at 10:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by eimis
I listen to mine in this combo: Linux ALSA > USB > Yulong D100 > CanAmp clone > FA-003 [cable mod and dampening mod]
Holy cow are these revealing. I can't listen to mp3s. Bad recordings show up immediately. With good recordings and vinyl the sound is very pleasing. I have my fa-003 for 1.5 year. A good buy. Even though I payed for them about $242. Bought from gd-audiobase. Both types of cushions were included. That was the wood edition, FA-002w-LBR. But FA-003 cups with dampening mod sound better to me...
may i know what cable and damping did you use?
so far i only change its internal wire and thinking about recabling those stock cable but still don't know what cable to use.post #2498 of 30405/28/12 at 6:56am
If people are waiting for theirs to ship, I just got an email asking for my full address (some delivery companies don't like the lack of road name), and ordered on the 20th - so looks like there's a backlog of about a week at the mo :)post #2499 of 30405/28/12 at 8:20am
I just got a DHL e-mail. I ordered a week ago. The e-mail says 2.1 pounds but I ordered two pairs of headphones. Does anyone remember what their DHL e-mail said for weight?
Edited by SteveSatch - 5/28/12 at 8:31ampost #2500 of 30405/28/12 at 11:26amQuote:
From my email:
CONTENTS: Pro Monitor Headphonespost #2501 of 30405/28/12 at 7:52pm
What amp pairs well with these? Ive put some hours on my clones, and they are still failing to deliver. I have noticed that I have to put the volume on my cowon s9 higher. I know the s9 does not have a line out, which ive always felt defeats the purpose of amping, but maybe Ill go against my belief and give it a shot lol.post #2502 of 30405/28/12 at 8:10pmpost #2503 of 30405/29/12 at 11:49ampost #2504 of 30405/29/12 at 12:15pmpost #2505 of 30405/29/12 at 12:33pm
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Objectivists board room 21 seconds ago
- › New Grace Design m920 DAC/amp with DSD decoding 37 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 43 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 49 seconds ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 3 minutes ago
- › Help with bluetooth headphones i need recomendations 5 minutes ago
- › Get 25% Off New Hi-Res Macy Gray album from Chesky Records 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Grado GH-1 Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...