Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 10/4/11 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 167post #2491 of 30145/27/12 at 3:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2492 of 30145/27/12 at 5:25ampost #2493 of 30145/27/12 at 6:35ampost #2494 of 30145/27/12 at 8:02pmpost #2495 of 30145/27/12 at 8:28pmQuote:
They don't need an amp, but they are very laid back IME.post #2496 of 30145/27/12 at 8:51pmQuote:
More than 2 coworkers of mine after hearing them said they need an amp if using iPod or iPhone. I use my FiiO E11 with LOD with my iPod touch. No need for amp if using my Sansa.post #2497 of 30145/27/12 at 10:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by eimis
I listen to mine in this combo: Linux ALSA > USB > Yulong D100 > CanAmp clone > FA-003 [cable mod and dampening mod]
Holy cow are these revealing. I can't listen to mp3s. Bad recordings show up immediately. With good recordings and vinyl the sound is very pleasing. I have my fa-003 for 1.5 year. A good buy. Even though I payed for them about $242. Bought from gd-audiobase. Both types of cushions were included. That was the wood edition, FA-002w-LBR. But FA-003 cups with dampening mod sound better to me...
may i know what cable and damping did you use?
so far i only change its internal wire and thinking about recabling those stock cable but still don't know what cable to use.post #2498 of 30145/28/12 at 6:56am
If people are waiting for theirs to ship, I just got an email asking for my full address (some delivery companies don't like the lack of road name), and ordered on the 20th - so looks like there's a backlog of about a week at the mo :)post #2499 of 30145/28/12 at 8:20am
I just got a DHL e-mail. I ordered a week ago. The e-mail says 2.1 pounds but I ordered two pairs of headphones. Does anyone remember what their DHL e-mail said for weight?
Edited by SteveSatch - 5/28/12 at 8:31ampost #2500 of 30145/28/12 at 11:26amQuote:
From my email:
CONTENTS: Pro Monitor Headphonespost #2501 of 30145/28/12 at 7:52pm
What amp pairs well with these? Ive put some hours on my clones, and they are still failing to deliver. I have noticed that I have to put the volume on my cowon s9 higher. I know the s9 does not have a line out, which ive always felt defeats the purpose of amping, but maybe Ill go against my belief and give it a shot lol.post #2502 of 30145/28/12 at 8:10pmpost #2503 of 30145/29/12 at 11:49ampost #2504 of 30145/29/12 at 12:15pmpost #2505 of 30145/29/12 at 12:33pm
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 seconds ago
- › beyerdynamic T1 90th Anniversary Limited Edition: Impressions and... 38 seconds ago
- › German MAESTRO - Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi "Made for Apple" Portable DAC/amp... 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 mods 1 minute ago
- › World wide first launching new AK product : AK Junior = AK j 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 3 minutes ago
- › [Review] The Thinksound On1 On-Ear Headphones - A Prodigious Set Of... 3 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2