Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 10/4/11 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 167post #2491 of 29965/27/12 at 3:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2492 of 29965/27/12 at 5:25ampost #2493 of 29965/27/12 at 6:35ampost #2494 of 29965/27/12 at 8:02pmpost #2495 of 29965/27/12 at 8:28pmQuote:
They don't need an amp, but they are very laid back IME.post #2496 of 29965/27/12 at 8:51pmQuote:
More than 2 coworkers of mine after hearing them said they need an amp if using iPod or iPhone. I use my FiiO E11 with LOD with my iPod touch. No need for amp if using my Sansa.post #2497 of 29965/27/12 at 10:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by eimis
I listen to mine in this combo: Linux ALSA > USB > Yulong D100 > CanAmp clone > FA-003 [cable mod and dampening mod]
Holy cow are these revealing. I can't listen to mp3s. Bad recordings show up immediately. With good recordings and vinyl the sound is very pleasing. I have my fa-003 for 1.5 year. A good buy. Even though I payed for them about $242. Bought from gd-audiobase. Both types of cushions were included. That was the wood edition, FA-002w-LBR. But FA-003 cups with dampening mod sound better to me...
may i know what cable and damping did you use?
so far i only change its internal wire and thinking about recabling those stock cable but still don't know what cable to use.post #2498 of 29965/28/12 at 6:56am
If people are waiting for theirs to ship, I just got an email asking for my full address (some delivery companies don't like the lack of road name), and ordered on the 20th - so looks like there's a backlog of about a week at the mo :)post #2499 of 29965/28/12 at 8:20am
I just got a DHL e-mail. I ordered a week ago. The e-mail says 2.1 pounds but I ordered two pairs of headphones. Does anyone remember what their DHL e-mail said for weight?
Edited by SteveSatch - 5/28/12 at 8:31ampost #2500 of 29965/28/12 at 11:26amQuote:
From my email:
CONTENTS: Pro Monitor Headphonespost #2501 of 29965/28/12 at 7:52pm
What amp pairs well with these? Ive put some hours on my clones, and they are still failing to deliver. I have noticed that I have to put the volume on my cowon s9 higher. I know the s9 does not have a line out, which ive always felt defeats the purpose of amping, but maybe Ill go against my belief and give it a shot lol.post #2502 of 29965/28/12 at 8:10pmpost #2503 of 29965/29/12 at 11:49ampost #2504 of 29965/29/12 at 12:15pmpost #2505 of 29965/29/12 at 12:33pm
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 29 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 47 seconds ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 52 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 Latest Update 24-07-2014 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones recommendation for under 100$ 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 5 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 5 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)