Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 9/5/15 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Review: Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone Touch Panel Control activated Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is...
The Z2016. A strange beast that did have some potential Introduction Zhiyin is a name that has recently caused quite a stir here on Head-Fi after releasing their flagship model the QT5. Some...
Big thanks to InEar and Musicteck for providing a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 167post #2491 of 30395/27/12 at 3:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2492 of 30395/27/12 at 5:25ampost #2493 of 30395/27/12 at 6:35ampost #2494 of 30395/27/12 at 8:02pmpost #2495 of 30395/27/12 at 8:28pmQuote:
They don't need an amp, but they are very laid back IME.post #2496 of 30395/27/12 at 8:51pmQuote:
More than 2 coworkers of mine after hearing them said they need an amp if using iPod or iPhone. I use my FiiO E11 with LOD with my iPod touch. No need for amp if using my Sansa.post #2497 of 30395/27/12 at 10:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by eimis
I listen to mine in this combo: Linux ALSA > USB > Yulong D100 > CanAmp clone > FA-003 [cable mod and dampening mod]
Holy cow are these revealing. I can't listen to mp3s. Bad recordings show up immediately. With good recordings and vinyl the sound is very pleasing. I have my fa-003 for 1.5 year. A good buy. Even though I payed for them about $242. Bought from gd-audiobase. Both types of cushions were included. That was the wood edition, FA-002w-LBR. But FA-003 cups with dampening mod sound better to me...
may i know what cable and damping did you use?
so far i only change its internal wire and thinking about recabling those stock cable but still don't know what cable to use.post #2498 of 30395/28/12 at 6:56am
If people are waiting for theirs to ship, I just got an email asking for my full address (some delivery companies don't like the lack of road name), and ordered on the 20th - so looks like there's a backlog of about a week at the mo :)post #2499 of 30395/28/12 at 8:20am
I just got a DHL e-mail. I ordered a week ago. The e-mail says 2.1 pounds but I ordered two pairs of headphones. Does anyone remember what their DHL e-mail said for weight?
Edited by SteveSatch - 5/28/12 at 8:31ampost #2500 of 30395/28/12 at 11:26amQuote:
From my email:
CONTENTS: Pro Monitor Headphonespost #2501 of 30395/28/12 at 7:52pm
What amp pairs well with these? Ive put some hours on my clones, and they are still failing to deliver. I have noticed that I have to put the volume on my cowon s9 higher. I know the s9 does not have a line out, which ive always felt defeats the purpose of amping, but maybe Ill go against my belief and give it a shot lol.post #2502 of 30395/28/12 at 8:10pmpost #2503 of 30395/29/12 at 11:49ampost #2504 of 30395/29/12 at 12:15pmpost #2505 of 30395/29/12 at 12:33pm
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Grado e Series 7 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 57 seconds ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 1 minute ago
- › Arcam rHead Class-A Analogue Headphone Amp - July 2016 2 minutes ago
- › The decline of stuffed cabbage rolls 2 minutes ago
- › Does there exist an MP3 player that could work with my FiiO E17k? 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Xonar Essense stx Random LOUD high pitched Ringing Noise? 5 minutes ago
- › FS: ECP Torpedo III amp + Mundorf caps / Cinemag OPTs 7 minutes ago
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...