- 5,457 Posts. Joined 4/2007
- Location: Kalundborg, Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 9/5/15 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 156post #2326 of 30442/25/12 at 2:15pmGot my FA-003 reterminated to balanced today and they exhibit all the traditional benefits of balancing. Darker background and better control and tighter sound that seems to reach deeper. And as the stock cable is 4 wires all the way it is easy to do (just the wires are varnished so a bit of a pain to solder). For my preferences they are now scarily close to the Ed8 I had before (I might actually prefer the more balanced/neutral sound of the FA-003).
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2327 of 30442/27/12 at 11:19amQuote:Originally Posted by atomikn00b
if the brainwavz hm5 = fa 003, then your experience sounds exactly like mine. here's what i'll tell ya. burn in. burn in. burn in. (left it for my brother to use for 3 weeks)
in the end though, your satisfaction depends on whether you like to HEAR the bass, or FEEL the bass. if feel is what you're after, and taking into consideration how similar your experience is to mine, you'll never be satisfied. if hear is good for you, burn in solves the problem.
p.s. i don't know what they sound like with PROPER bass boosting amps like the zo, on fiio e5, i hear coloration too easily and that's not the kind of sound i want from these headphones
I left my FA-003s burning in for some 80 more hours - basically I just left them running on my iPod in shuffle mode until the battery ran out, charged up and did it again. The difference to the bass is PHENOMENAL - deeper, tighter, much more present. I' sure the overall sound has improved in all aspects, but most noticeable was the improvement to the lower frequencies. Great tip...I think I'll do it again to see whether it continues to improve even further.
post #2328 of 30442/27/12 at 6:12pmpost #2329 of 30442/28/12 at 9:40ampost #2330 of 30442/28/12 at 10:08am
I have tried the "place over several books" method and only found it to smash the pads. Not for me.
Then I tried to bend the top internal plastic band....until....it snapped. Still using them just fine, since there is still metal/plastic holding the rest together. So, don't do what I did and bend the headband; it is a hard plastic that cannot be re-formed.
If you do not have the ear pieces adjusted all the way to the smallest size, then you will see the spring steel exposed (on each side above the yoke, where you see the indicator lines pressed into the steel).
This is what I bent to get the the right fit. It is also how I adjusted the clamp force on my HD600. Carefully bend each (left and right) metal band that exits the yolk holder.post #2331 of 30442/28/12 at 1:09pmpost #2332 of 30443/1/12 at 1:12pm
I just got my FA-003s, and they're wonderful. They beat my HD25 in almost every way -- better comfort, better detail, better soundstage. The one place where the HD25 still seems better is in reproducing the sound of electric guitars. This is especially evident in the song Thor by Manowar, which seems boring and flat on the Fischers in comparison with the Sennheisers. But I noticed that when I mess with the EQ on the FA-003, adding a boost around 1 kHz, the guitar sounds better. Has anybody played around and found good EQ settings with these to emphasize electric guitar sounds?post #2333 of 30443/2/12 at 3:41pm
Does anyone else find the jacks that connect into the cans are annoying? During my time with the FA003 I found them quite annoying because I have a tendency to slump when listening to music, and these things just got in my way alot, knocking off my shoulder and such.post #2334 of 30443/19/12 at 2:16pmpost #2335 of 30443/22/12 at 6:53pmpost #2336 of 30443/22/12 at 7:26pmQuote:
You don't need an amp for these. Using one may or may not sound better to you, but the only way to know would be to try...post #2337 of 30443/23/12 at 1:04ampost #2338 of 30444/2/12 at 1:08am
Been using these for about a year now? with an iBasso D6.. still loving them :)
Question: Am thinking of upgrading to a DAC... Benchmark DAC 1 may be...
My question, is basically will the FA-003's then be the weak link in the system or will it just make them shine more!?
Would be interested who has tried them with what and in comparison to more expensive headphones?
Thankspost #2339 of 30444/8/12 at 10:38am
has anyone ever thought of removing all the felt/fiber material that is covering the spaces around the driver. I'm referring to the white visible fiber that covers the holes around the driver when you twist the cups off. They may just be dust protectors. Removing them might make the sound more open?post #2340 of 30444/8/12 at 11:13am
Quote:Originally Posted by TheJT
has anyone ever thought of removing all the felt/fiber material that is covering the spaces around the driver. I'm referring to the white visible fiber that covers the holes around the driver when you twist the cups off. They may just be dust protectors. Removing them might make the sound more open?
I wouldn't mess with it.
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 8 seconds ago
- › New Inear Prophile-8 40 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 55 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon PLENUE M2 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 4 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIOENGINE A5+ Powered Speakers 5 minutes ago
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear