- 4,234 Posts. Joined 4/2007
- Location: Kalundborg, Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 10/4/11 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 156post #2326 of 29922/25/12 at 2:15pmGot my FA-003 reterminated to balanced today and they exhibit all the traditional benefits of balancing. Darker background and better control and tighter sound that seems to reach deeper. And as the stock cable is 4 wires all the way it is easy to do (just the wires are varnished so a bit of a pain to solder). For my preferences they are now scarily close to the Ed8 I had before (I might actually prefer the more balanced/neutral sound of the FA-003).
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2327 of 29922/27/12 at 11:19amQuote:Originally Posted by atomikn00b
if the brainwavz hm5 = fa 003, then your experience sounds exactly like mine. here's what i'll tell ya. burn in. burn in. burn in. (left it for my brother to use for 3 weeks)
in the end though, your satisfaction depends on whether you like to HEAR the bass, or FEEL the bass. if feel is what you're after, and taking into consideration how similar your experience is to mine, you'll never be satisfied. if hear is good for you, burn in solves the problem.
p.s. i don't know what they sound like with PROPER bass boosting amps like the zo, on fiio e5, i hear coloration too easily and that's not the kind of sound i want from these headphones
I left my FA-003s burning in for some 80 more hours - basically I just left them running on my iPod in shuffle mode until the battery ran out, charged up and did it again. The difference to the bass is PHENOMENAL - deeper, tighter, much more present. I' sure the overall sound has improved in all aspects, but most noticeable was the improvement to the lower frequencies. Great tip...I think I'll do it again to see whether it continues to improve even further.
post #2328 of 29922/27/12 at 6:12pmpost #2329 of 29922/28/12 at 9:40ampost #2330 of 29922/28/12 at 10:08am
I have tried the "place over several books" method and only found it to smash the pads. Not for me.
Then I tried to bend the top internal plastic band....until....it snapped. Still using them just fine, since there is still metal/plastic holding the rest together. So, don't do what I did and bend the headband; it is a hard plastic that cannot be re-formed.
If you do not have the ear pieces adjusted all the way to the smallest size, then you will see the spring steel exposed (on each side above the yoke, where you see the indicator lines pressed into the steel).
This is what I bent to get the the right fit. It is also how I adjusted the clamp force on my HD600. Carefully bend each (left and right) metal band that exits the yolk holder.post #2331 of 29922/28/12 at 1:09pmpost #2332 of 29923/1/12 at 1:12pm
I just got my FA-003s, and they're wonderful. They beat my HD25 in almost every way -- better comfort, better detail, better soundstage. The one place where the HD25 still seems better is in reproducing the sound of electric guitars. This is especially evident in the song Thor by Manowar, which seems boring and flat on the Fischers in comparison with the Sennheisers. But I noticed that when I mess with the EQ on the FA-003, adding a boost around 1 kHz, the guitar sounds better. Has anybody played around and found good EQ settings with these to emphasize electric guitar sounds?post #2333 of 29923/2/12 at 3:41pm
Does anyone else find the jacks that connect into the cans are annoying? During my time with the FA003 I found them quite annoying because I have a tendency to slump when listening to music, and these things just got in my way alot, knocking off my shoulder and such.post #2334 of 29923/19/12 at 2:16pmpost #2335 of 29923/22/12 at 6:53pmpost #2336 of 29923/22/12 at 7:26pmQuote:
You don't need an amp for these. Using one may or may not sound better to you, but the only way to know would be to try...post #2337 of 29923/23/12 at 1:04ampost #2338 of 29924/2/12 at 1:08am
Been using these for about a year now? with an iBasso D6.. still loving them :)
Question: Am thinking of upgrading to a DAC... Benchmark DAC 1 may be...
My question, is basically will the FA-003's then be the weak link in the system or will it just make them shine more!?
Would be interested who has tried them with what and in comparison to more expensive headphones?
Thankspost #2339 of 29924/8/12 at 10:38am
has anyone ever thought of removing all the felt/fiber material that is covering the spaces around the driver. I'm referring to the white visible fiber that covers the holes around the driver when you twist the cups off. They may just be dust protectors. Removing them might make the sound more open?post #2340 of 29924/8/12 at 11:13am
Quote:Originally Posted by TheJT
has anyone ever thought of removing all the felt/fiber material that is covering the spaces around the driver. I'm referring to the white visible fiber that covers the holes around the driver when you twist the cups off. They may just be dust protectors. Removing them might make the sound more open?
I wouldn't mess with it.
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
- › Schiit we'd like to see 42 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 1 minute ago
- › Help with buying Headphones/In ears 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › Dutch Headphone Meet 2014 (Germans & Belgians welcome!) 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › ATH-M50x, ATH-M40x, V-moda crossfade M80 or Sennheiser PX 360? 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › Best noise isolating AND cancelling headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob