Another +1 from Frogbeats. These guys rock. I really hope they keep growing.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 9/5/15 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The iFi Audio Micro iDSD was sent to me by iFi with help from their Norwegian distributor Audioaktøren for the purpose of doing this review and including it in my recently started $250+ amp/DAC...
This is pretty much the same weightless, rickety, tiny player apparently offered by Kogan, oRiver, Ritmix, etc. It comes decently boxed with a soft pouch, USB cable, and nice looking (if...
Aune M2 Pro Review Intro : Since the past few years I had kept myself away from trying out any new DAPs or audio gear since I was pretty satisfied with my Fiio X5 (1st gen) and Sansa Clip...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 152post #2266 of 30401/17/12 at 11:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2267 of 30401/17/12 at 2:59pm
A while back I got confirmation from Fischer over Twitter that Yoga designed the headphones, not them. Still love 'em though!Quote: FischerAudioEngYoga made those drivers (hey! You've made me blush for a drunk confession!). But then Fischer Audio made APE-02S.post #2268 of 30401/17/12 at 3:14pmFinally came back to this thread after a long hiatus. The woods on those FA-002w are really tempting, but I'm not sure exactly how they are classed - so there is the regular FA-002w and then the Master Series? I was looking at the Zebrawood or the "Zerawood" pairs, but when I emailed Dmitry about this, he told me that they are available for pre-order so I assume that they aren't going to be ready for a long time. That said, only the Beech models are available at the moment, right?post #2269 of 30401/17/12 at 3:34pm
It did not took long for me to received my FA033 woodies with the Merbau choice. Ordered on Nov.28 status changed to shipped on Dec.5 In the Russia post system on Dec.6. Left Russia on Dec.12 arrive in USA on Dec.15 came to my post office on Dec.19. I also received The FA-003 regular covers. It seems that only Fisher Audio has the wood cups option.post #2270 of 30401/20/12 at 12:10pm
Reposting this from HM5 thread:
If you don't care about the branding at all, apparently you can find the same cans "unbranded" in stock from US retailers from $82.
Credit to Negakinupost #2271 of 30401/20/12 at 2:46pm
I paid two hundred dollars for these. This upsets me very much.
I just dropped them a private message on Twitter with those links, I'll keep you guys posted.
Edited by legodt - 1/20/12 at 2:52pmpost #2272 of 30401/20/12 at 5:48pmQuote:
don't get your knickers in a knot. it's not even proven they're the same drivers. plus the other links are either wholesale or not in stock. it's just to illustrate that the Yoga CD-880 is out there.post #2273 of 30401/21/12 at 4:33am
Alright, I think its time for some clarification.
As many possibly remember, our FA-003 model was here for quite a some time. At beginning, it was made by Yoga using our specifications.
But Yoga is a huge Chinese factory, working with many famous brands, and our order was a fairly small deal for them. We do not hold exclusive right for this model, as doing so would mean we need to order a very huge stock of this headphones, that we never be able to sell out (not to mention, nobody thought this model will become so popular). So when the model was ready they just put it on their catalog and offered to another customers.
Is the other "FA-003" models out there completely the same? We do not know. It all depends on the customer. They might ask Yoga to change something there, or just save the $$ and order stock model without any changes. Or just use this housing alone for something different.
For the pricing, as we resides in Russia, there are many downfalls here compared to many other brands which located in China, it is just much easier for them due the customs, taxes, delivery times and so on. However we are in process of changing and simplifying the workflow to offer a better deals in future.
Now, the wood cups and high-edition tuning is made completely in Russia, so, most likely, will not appear for another "FA-003's" out there.
...and that's how FA-003's was made.
Edited by fischeraudio - 1/21/12 at 4:43ampost #2274 of 30401/21/12 at 7:46amGreat explanation. I for one love the FA-003. It replaced an Edition8 that I could not justify keeping given how little time I now use closed phones and I estimate that it gives me 80-90% of the Ed8 at 10-15% of the price plus I actually like not having the upper bass hump from the Ed8post #2275 of 30401/21/12 at 8:22amQuote:
No need to offer better deals if the FA-003 has additional high-edition tuning compared to the other Yoga CD-880's on the market, right? If the FA-003 are different from the Brainwavz HM5 and other CD-880 rebrands you don't have to worry about any competition since they aren't the same headphone anymore. But only if they indeed sound better because of the FA-tuning.post #2276 of 30401/21/12 at 11:35ampost #2277 of 30401/21/12 at 1:06pm
The tuning can be different and Fisher Audio will be offering tuning options for the standard models as they stated on facebook. The high edition model with higher impedance and the wood cups models is going to change the sound. I am not sure how close is the BrainWavz is to the standard Fisher Audio model. Already I know that Fisher Audio does offer leather damping mechanical filter for their headphones. Sennheiser will sometimes use the same drivers but change the tuning in some of the models like the foam strips for example.
Edited by john57 - 1/23/12 at 12:15pmpost #2278 of 30401/21/12 at 2:07pmQuote:
Could you tell a bit more info about this?
Is it an adapter what you can simply use with the earlier 003s and 002s, or the phones should be sent back to Russia to get it "upgrated"?
Is it already available? I can't really find anything about it yet....post #2279 of 30401/23/12 at 11:07am
Has any FA-003 owner tried these on air plane flights? Or a noisy train? Do they isolate well enough to enjoy music? Do you still hear the engine?
I have some IEMs and think they isolate well enough. However, IEMs are not comfortable to me over long flights and I prefer the sound of full size headphones.
I guess these isolate as well as Shure 840s, correct?
Thank you in advance.post #2280 of 30401/23/12 at 11:46am
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Question on DAC Filters 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Headphones similar or better than Beats Studio? 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 2 minutes ago
- › Comparison: Noble K10 vs Rhapsodio Solar vs Rhapsodio Galaxy vs... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Did Westone evolve over the past 3 years? 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by peter123
- › Basic M90 by Lad3
- › Aune M2 32BIT DSD portable music player by Faheem
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...