Another +1 from Frogbeats. These guys rock. I really hope they keep growing.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 10/4/11 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I picked these up off ebay a few weeks ago for 5 $ so my expectations were not high but to my surprise i think that i found a new pair of daily drivers, as i have said i have collected a fairly...
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 152post #2266 of 30091/17/12 at 11:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2267 of 30091/17/12 at 2:59pm
A while back I got confirmation from Fischer over Twitter that Yoga designed the headphones, not them. Still love 'em though!Quote: FischerAudioEngYoga made those drivers (hey! You've made me blush for a drunk confession!). But then Fischer Audio made APE-02S.post #2268 of 30091/17/12 at 3:14pmFinally came back to this thread after a long hiatus. The woods on those FA-002w are really tempting, but I'm not sure exactly how they are classed - so there is the regular FA-002w and then the Master Series? I was looking at the Zebrawood or the "Zerawood" pairs, but when I emailed Dmitry about this, he told me that they are available for pre-order so I assume that they aren't going to be ready for a long time. That said, only the Beech models are available at the moment, right?post #2269 of 30091/17/12 at 3:34pm
It did not took long for me to received my FA033 woodies with the Merbau choice. Ordered on Nov.28 status changed to shipped on Dec.5 In the Russia post system on Dec.6. Left Russia on Dec.12 arrive in USA on Dec.15 came to my post office on Dec.19. I also received The FA-003 regular covers. It seems that only Fisher Audio has the wood cups option.post #2270 of 30091/20/12 at 12:10pm
Reposting this from HM5 thread:
If you don't care about the branding at all, apparently you can find the same cans "unbranded" in stock from US retailers from $82.
Credit to Negakinupost #2271 of 30091/20/12 at 2:46pm
I paid two hundred dollars for these. This upsets me very much.
I just dropped them a private message on Twitter with those links, I'll keep you guys posted.
Edited by legodt - 1/20/12 at 2:52pmpost #2272 of 30091/20/12 at 5:48pmQuote:
don't get your knickers in a knot. it's not even proven they're the same drivers. plus the other links are either wholesale or not in stock. it's just to illustrate that the Yoga CD-880 is out there.post #2273 of 30091/21/12 at 4:33am
Alright, I think its time for some clarification.
As many possibly remember, our FA-003 model was here for quite a some time. At beginning, it was made by Yoga using our specifications.
But Yoga is a huge Chinese factory, working with many famous brands, and our order was a fairly small deal for them. We do not hold exclusive right for this model, as doing so would mean we need to order a very huge stock of this headphones, that we never be able to sell out (not to mention, nobody thought this model will become so popular). So when the model was ready they just put it on their catalog and offered to another customers.
Is the other "FA-003" models out there completely the same? We do not know. It all depends on the customer. They might ask Yoga to change something there, or just save the $$ and order stock model without any changes. Or just use this housing alone for something different.
For the pricing, as we resides in Russia, there are many downfalls here compared to many other brands which located in China, it is just much easier for them due the customs, taxes, delivery times and so on. However we are in process of changing and simplifying the workflow to offer a better deals in future.
Now, the wood cups and high-edition tuning is made completely in Russia, so, most likely, will not appear for another "FA-003's" out there.
...and that's how FA-003's was made.
Edited by fischeraudio - 1/21/12 at 4:43ampost #2274 of 30091/21/12 at 7:46amGreat explanation. I for one love the FA-003. It replaced an Edition8 that I could not justify keeping given how little time I now use closed phones and I estimate that it gives me 80-90% of the Ed8 at 10-15% of the price plus I actually like not having the upper bass hump from the Ed8post #2275 of 30091/21/12 at 8:22amQuote:
No need to offer better deals if the FA-003 has additional high-edition tuning compared to the other Yoga CD-880's on the market, right? If the FA-003 are different from the Brainwavz HM5 and other CD-880 rebrands you don't have to worry about any competition since they aren't the same headphone anymore. But only if they indeed sound better because of the FA-tuning.post #2276 of 30091/21/12 at 11:35ampost #2277 of 30091/21/12 at 1:06pm
The tuning can be different and Fisher Audio will be offering tuning options for the standard models as they stated on facebook. The high edition model with higher impedance and the wood cups models is going to change the sound. I am not sure how close is the BrainWavz is to the standard Fisher Audio model. Already I know that Fisher Audio does offer leather damping mechanical filter for their headphones. Sennheiser will sometimes use the same drivers but change the tuning in some of the models like the foam strips for example.
Edited by john57 - 1/23/12 at 12:15pmpost #2278 of 30091/21/12 at 2:07pmQuote:
Could you tell a bit more info about this?
Is it an adapter what you can simply use with the earlier 003s and 002s, or the phones should be sent back to Russia to get it "upgrated"?
Is it already available? I can't really find anything about it yet....post #2279 of 30091/23/12 at 11:07am
Has any FA-003 owner tried these on air plane flights? Or a noisy train? Do they isolate well enough to enjoy music? Do you still hear the engine?
I have some IEMs and think they isolate well enough. However, IEMs are not comfortable to me over long flights and I prefer the sound of full size headphones.
I guess these isolate as well as Shure 840s, correct?
Thank you in advance.post #2280 of 30091/23/12 at 11:46am
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › CanJam at RMAF 2014 impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › Melbourne Meet - October 2014 - Impressions and Photos Thread 11 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD580/HD600 replacement driver (parts lists/costs) 11 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 11 minutes ago
- › Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphone with Balanced Armature Driver... by umhhmm
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)