Another +1 from Frogbeats. These guys rock. I really hope they keep growing.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 10/4/11 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 7/6/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 152post #2266 of 30141/17/12 at 11:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2267 of 30141/17/12 at 2:59pm
A while back I got confirmation from Fischer over Twitter that Yoga designed the headphones, not them. Still love 'em though!Quote: FischerAudioEngYoga made those drivers (hey! You've made me blush for a drunk confession!). But then Fischer Audio made APE-02S.post #2268 of 30141/17/12 at 3:14pmFinally came back to this thread after a long hiatus. The woods on those FA-002w are really tempting, but I'm not sure exactly how they are classed - so there is the regular FA-002w and then the Master Series? I was looking at the Zebrawood or the "Zerawood" pairs, but when I emailed Dmitry about this, he told me that they are available for pre-order so I assume that they aren't going to be ready for a long time. That said, only the Beech models are available at the moment, right?post #2269 of 30141/17/12 at 3:34pm
It did not took long for me to received my FA033 woodies with the Merbau choice. Ordered on Nov.28 status changed to shipped on Dec.5 In the Russia post system on Dec.6. Left Russia on Dec.12 arrive in USA on Dec.15 came to my post office on Dec.19. I also received The FA-003 regular covers. It seems that only Fisher Audio has the wood cups option.post #2270 of 30141/20/12 at 12:10pm
Reposting this from HM5 thread:
If you don't care about the branding at all, apparently you can find the same cans "unbranded" in stock from US retailers from $82.
Credit to Negakinupost #2271 of 30141/20/12 at 2:46pm
I paid two hundred dollars for these. This upsets me very much.
I just dropped them a private message on Twitter with those links, I'll keep you guys posted.
Edited by legodt - 1/20/12 at 2:52pmpost #2272 of 30141/20/12 at 5:48pmQuote:
don't get your knickers in a knot. it's not even proven they're the same drivers. plus the other links are either wholesale or not in stock. it's just to illustrate that the Yoga CD-880 is out there.post #2273 of 30141/21/12 at 4:33am
Alright, I think its time for some clarification.
As many possibly remember, our FA-003 model was here for quite a some time. At beginning, it was made by Yoga using our specifications.
But Yoga is a huge Chinese factory, working with many famous brands, and our order was a fairly small deal for them. We do not hold exclusive right for this model, as doing so would mean we need to order a very huge stock of this headphones, that we never be able to sell out (not to mention, nobody thought this model will become so popular). So when the model was ready they just put it on their catalog and offered to another customers.
Is the other "FA-003" models out there completely the same? We do not know. It all depends on the customer. They might ask Yoga to change something there, or just save the $$ and order stock model without any changes. Or just use this housing alone for something different.
For the pricing, as we resides in Russia, there are many downfalls here compared to many other brands which located in China, it is just much easier for them due the customs, taxes, delivery times and so on. However we are in process of changing and simplifying the workflow to offer a better deals in future.
Now, the wood cups and high-edition tuning is made completely in Russia, so, most likely, will not appear for another "FA-003's" out there.
...and that's how FA-003's was made.
Edited by fischeraudio - 1/21/12 at 4:43ampost #2274 of 30141/21/12 at 7:46amGreat explanation. I for one love the FA-003. It replaced an Edition8 that I could not justify keeping given how little time I now use closed phones and I estimate that it gives me 80-90% of the Ed8 at 10-15% of the price plus I actually like not having the upper bass hump from the Ed8post #2275 of 30141/21/12 at 8:22amQuote:
No need to offer better deals if the FA-003 has additional high-edition tuning compared to the other Yoga CD-880's on the market, right? If the FA-003 are different from the Brainwavz HM5 and other CD-880 rebrands you don't have to worry about any competition since they aren't the same headphone anymore. But only if they indeed sound better because of the FA-tuning.post #2276 of 30141/21/12 at 11:35ampost #2277 of 30141/21/12 at 1:06pm
The tuning can be different and Fisher Audio will be offering tuning options for the standard models as they stated on facebook. The high edition model with higher impedance and the wood cups models is going to change the sound. I am not sure how close is the BrainWavz is to the standard Fisher Audio model. Already I know that Fisher Audio does offer leather damping mechanical filter for their headphones. Sennheiser will sometimes use the same drivers but change the tuning in some of the models like the foam strips for example.
Edited by john57 - 1/23/12 at 12:15pmpost #2278 of 30141/21/12 at 2:07pmQuote:
Could you tell a bit more info about this?
Is it an adapter what you can simply use with the earlier 003s and 002s, or the phones should be sent back to Russia to get it "upgrated"?
Is it already available? I can't really find anything about it yet....post #2279 of 30141/23/12 at 11:07am
Has any FA-003 owner tried these on air plane flights? Or a noisy train? Do they isolate well enough to enjoy music? Do you still hear the engine?
I have some IEMs and think they isolate well enough. However, IEMs are not comfortable to me over long flights and I prefer the sound of full size headphones.
I guess these isolate as well as Shure 840s, correct?
Thank you in advance.post #2280 of 30141/23/12 at 11:46am
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › The Stax Thread III 50 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi + Monoprice RCA 7 minutes ago
- › Custom IEM Review: Hidition NT-6 Pro – Clear & Precise Fun 7 minutes ago
- › New Sony EX450 and EX650. 7 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 8 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 9 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3