Another +1 from Frogbeats. These guys rock. I really hope they keep growing.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is the FA-003/HM5 an upgrade from the SRH-840? Last post on 4/4/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Advice on Getting a new Headphone.. Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sound Drops in Either Earbud on Slight Movement Last post on 10/4/11 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Edited on 5/13/13
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesEdited on 8/16/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Hi End CablesEdited on 1/8/12
Let’s start with the accessories, which are 3 pairs of silicone tips (small, medium and large size), airline adapter plug (should replace it with foam tips or something else more practical IMO)...
Upon initial listening with these buds, I was rather unimpressed as I heard the rather familiar bloated mid-bass, sharp highs, and lack of mids that SKDY's old line carried. Then I realized that...
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! - Page 152post #2266 of 28281/17/12 at 11:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2267 of 28281/17/12 at 2:59pm
A while back I got confirmation from Fischer over Twitter that Yoga designed the headphones, not them. Still love 'em though!Quote: FischerAudioEngYoga made those drivers (hey! You've made me blush for a drunk confession!). But then Fischer Audio made APE-02S.post #2268 of 28281/17/12 at 3:14pmFinally came back to this thread after a long hiatus. The woods on those FA-002w are really tempting, but I'm not sure exactly how they are classed - so there is the regular FA-002w and then the Master Series? I was looking at the Zebrawood or the "Zerawood" pairs, but when I emailed Dmitry about this, he told me that they are available for pre-order so I assume that they aren't going to be ready for a long time. That said, only the Beech models are available at the moment, right?post #2269 of 28281/17/12 at 3:34pm
It did not took long for me to received my FA033 woodies with the Merbau choice. Ordered on Nov.28 status changed to shipped on Dec.5 In the Russia post system on Dec.6. Left Russia on Dec.12 arrive in USA on Dec.15 came to my post office on Dec.19. I also received The FA-003 regular covers. It seems that only Fisher Audio has the wood cups option.post #2270 of 28281/20/12 at 12:10pm
Reposting this from HM5 thread:
If you don't care about the branding at all, apparently you can find the same cans "unbranded" in stock from US retailers from $82.
Credit to Negakinupost #2271 of 28281/20/12 at 2:46pm
I paid two hundred dollars for these. This upsets me very much.
I just dropped them a private message on Twitter with those links, I'll keep you guys posted.
Edited by legodt - 1/20/12 at 2:52pmpost #2272 of 28281/20/12 at 5:48pmQuote:
don't get your knickers in a knot. it's not even proven they're the same drivers. plus the other links are either wholesale or not in stock. it's just to illustrate that the Yoga CD-880 is out there.post #2273 of 28281/21/12 at 4:33am
Alright, I think its time for some clarification.
As many possibly remember, our FA-003 model was here for quite a some time. At beginning, it was made by Yoga using our specifications.
But Yoga is a huge Chinese factory, working with many famous brands, and our order was a fairly small deal for them. We do not hold exclusive right for this model, as doing so would mean we need to order a very huge stock of this headphones, that we never be able to sell out (not to mention, nobody thought this model will become so popular). So when the model was ready they just put it on their catalog and offered to another customers.
Is the other "FA-003" models out there completely the same? We do not know. It all depends on the customer. They might ask Yoga to change something there, or just save the $$ and order stock model without any changes. Or just use this housing alone for something different.
For the pricing, as we resides in Russia, there are many downfalls here compared to many other brands which located in China, it is just much easier for them due the customs, taxes, delivery times and so on. However we are in process of changing and simplifying the workflow to offer a better deals in future.
Now, the wood cups and high-edition tuning is made completely in Russia, so, most likely, will not appear for another "FA-003's" out there.
...and that's how FA-003's was made.
Edited by fischeraudio - 1/21/12 at 4:43ampost #2274 of 28281/21/12 at 7:46amGreat explanation. I for one love the FA-003. It replaced an Edition8 that I could not justify keeping given how little time I now use closed phones and I estimate that it gives me 80-90% of the Ed8 at 10-15% of the price plus I actually like not having the upper bass hump from the Ed8post #2275 of 28281/21/12 at 8:22amQuote:
No need to offer better deals if the FA-003 has additional high-edition tuning compared to the other Yoga CD-880's on the market, right? If the FA-003 are different from the Brainwavz HM5 and other CD-880 rebrands you don't have to worry about any competition since they aren't the same headphone anymore. But only if they indeed sound better because of the FA-tuning.post #2276 of 28281/21/12 at 11:35ampost #2277 of 28281/21/12 at 1:06pm
The tuning can be different and Fisher Audio will be offering tuning options for the standard models as they stated on facebook. The high edition model with higher impedance and the wood cups models is going to change the sound. I am not sure how close is the BrainWavz is to the standard Fisher Audio model. Already I know that Fisher Audio does offer leather damping mechanical filter for their headphones. Sennheiser will sometimes use the same drivers but change the tuning in some of the models like the foam strips for example.
Edited by john57 - 1/23/12 at 12:15pmpost #2278 of 28281/21/12 at 2:07pmQuote:
Could you tell a bit more info about this?
Is it an adapter what you can simply use with the earlier 003s and 002s, or the phones should be sent back to Russia to get it "upgrated"?
Is it already available? I can't really find anything about it yet....post #2279 of 28281/23/12 at 11:07am
Has any FA-003 owner tried these on air plane flights? Or a noisy train? Do they isolate well enough to enjoy music? Do you still hear the engine?
I have some IEMs and think they isolate well enough. However, IEMs are not comfortable to me over long flights and I prefer the sound of full size headphones.
I guess these isolate as well as Shure 840s, correct?
Thank you in advance.
- Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
- › good turntable that can rip vinyls to lossless digital 1 minute ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former... 2 minutes ago
- › 6/22/13 Denver Colorado Summer Meet 3 minutes ago
- › E3 is almost here! 4 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 5 minutes ago
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by danikus
- › Skullcandy S2SYDA-008 Merge Earbud Headphones - Black/Chrome by KodaO
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe