Was that with the HE-500? I haven't heard the GS but looking at the specs it is unlikely to be suitable for the HE-500. But I know the V200 is a superb amplifier that will have no trouble powering the HE-500.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Graham Slee Solo SRG versus Solo SRGII Last post on 9/26/10 at 9:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone amp upgrade for HD 650 and Xonar Essence STX Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My impressions of my new Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear amp Last post on 11/4/11 at 4:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Using a headphone amp with an electric guitar Last post on 10/18/10 at 8:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Concerto or GS Ultra linear ? Last post on 11/1/10 at 2:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
TTPOD T1E Review Background Be using me Fiio X3 for this review ......fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' IEM .....housing is big but could be a problem for some with the...
The PM3 is Oppo's 3rd headphone offering, a closed back planar magnetic. Thank you to @Jiffy Squid and Oppo for allowing us Head-fiers to audition these at the comfort of our own home and time,...
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
- Headphone Impedance
REVIEW: Graham Slee Solo Ultra-Linear headphone amp - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
well that was with the HD650, LCD-2, LCD-X, SR-325i, etc so I am sure it can power the HE500. uless you're talking about the HE6 which I have not tried. I have tried the HE500 with the little HiFiMan tube amp.
The HE500 is a lot easier to drive than the HE6 but remains a challenging load for many amps and that GS look like exactly the type of amp you want to avoid, just looking at the spec. Max output @ 32Ohms: 140mW, sounds far too wimpy and current limited.
I pretty sure the GS sound great with many cans but have doubts about being a good pairing with the HE500.
I never heard the GS but I owned the HE500 and HE6 and tried those with quite a few amps.
I have listened to the first generation Graham Slee Ultra linear headphone amplifier and the 2nd generation of He500, and I can say confidently that it is capable of driving HE500 to the fullness and to me at 11'o clock, it is more than loud enough to cause ear discomfort at this listening level. Yes, Do take specification as a guideline as it often don't indicate whether it can drive the headphone well in the real world. Even the phonitor can drive the he500 very well at less than 12'o clock having listening to it before.
I know this might cause some discomfort but even interconnect make quite a difference based on my own personal listening experience, and we might thought that it is headphone amplifier is the issue but end up the interconnect been the case. Based on my own finding, Nordost red dawn LS make the he500 sound more fuller in term of height and depth compare to cardas light, and cardas light make audio technica headphones sound more natural and analogue compare to nordost red dawn.
Edited by macdevign - 3/7/14 at 2:24pm
- REVIEW: Graham Slee Solo Ultra-Linear headphone amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Official X3 firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit,... 41 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Another take on computer speakers (2.0, 4" - 5", 160 USD) 7 minutes ago
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › DAC recommendations 7 minutes ago
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2