Was that with the HE-500? I haven't heard the GS but looking at the specs it is unlikely to be suitable for the HE-500. But I know the V200 is a superb amplifier that will have no trouble powering the HE-500.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Graham Slee Solo SRG versus Solo SRGII Last post on 9/26/10 at 9:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone amp upgrade for HD 650 and Xonar Essence STX Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My impressions of my new Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear amp Last post on 11/4/11 at 4:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Using a headphone amp with an electric guitar Last post on 10/18/10 at 8:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Concerto or GS Ultra linear ? Last post on 11/1/10 at 2:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
- Headphone Impedance
REVIEW: Graham Slee Solo Ultra-Linear headphone amp - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
well that was with the HD650, LCD-2, LCD-X, SR-325i, etc so I am sure it can power the HE500. uless you're talking about the HE6 which I have not tried. I have tried the HE500 with the little HiFiMan tube amp.
The HE500 is a lot easier to drive than the HE6 but remains a challenging load for many amps and that GS look like exactly the type of amp you want to avoid, just looking at the spec. Max output @ 32Ohms: 140mW, sounds far too wimpy and current limited.
I pretty sure the GS sound great with many cans but have doubts about being a good pairing with the HE500.
I never heard the GS but I owned the HE500 and HE6 and tried those with quite a few amps.
I have listened to the first generation Graham Slee Ultra linear headphone amplifier and the 2nd generation of He500, and I can say confidently that it is capable of driving HE500 to the fullness and to me at 11'o clock, it is more than loud enough to cause ear discomfort at this listening level. Yes, Do take specification as a guideline as it often don't indicate whether it can drive the headphone well in the real world. Even the phonitor can drive the he500 very well at less than 12'o clock having listening to it before.
I know this might cause some discomfort but even interconnect make quite a difference based on my own personal listening experience, and we might thought that it is headphone amplifier is the issue but end up the interconnect been the case. Based on my own finding, Nordost red dawn LS make the he500 sound more fuller in term of height and depth compare to cardas light, and cardas light make audio technica headphones sound more natural and analogue compare to nordost red dawn.
Edited by macdevign - 3/7/14 at 2:24pm
- REVIEW: Graham Slee Solo Ultra-Linear headphone amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Questions about the Fiio E9/E17 combo 38 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 47 seconds ago
- › Earbuds for 60$? 1 minute ago
- › JDS Labs C5D Headphone Amp + DAC 2 minutes ago
- › What DAC out of these three should I get? 2 minutes ago
- › How to hook up my speakers to my receiver? (with amp and switch).... 3 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)