Was that with the HE-500? I haven't heard the GS but looking at the specs it is unlikely to be suitable for the HE-500. But I know the V200 is a superb amplifier that will have no trouble powering the HE-500.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Graham Slee Solo SRG versus Solo SRGII Last post on 9/26/10 at 9:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone amp upgrade for HD 650 and Xonar Essence STX Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My impressions of my new Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear amp Last post on 11/4/11 at 4:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Using a headphone amp with an electric guitar Last post on 10/18/10 at 8:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Concerto or GS Ultra linear ? Last post on 11/1/10 at 2:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Audiosense is a new headphone brand in China which surprisingly produces many qualities headphones. The model V2mix4 comes from 4 drivers which are the combination of dynamic drivers and balanced...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
- Headphone Impedance
REVIEW: Graham Slee Solo Ultra-Linear headphone amp - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
well that was with the HD650, LCD-2, LCD-X, SR-325i, etc so I am sure it can power the HE500. uless you're talking about the HE6 which I have not tried. I have tried the HE500 with the little HiFiMan tube amp.
The HE500 is a lot easier to drive than the HE6 but remains a challenging load for many amps and that GS look like exactly the type of amp you want to avoid, just looking at the spec. Max output @ 32Ohms: 140mW, sounds far too wimpy and current limited.
I pretty sure the GS sound great with many cans but have doubts about being a good pairing with the HE500.
I never heard the GS but I owned the HE500 and HE6 and tried those with quite a few amps.
I have listened to the first generation Graham Slee Ultra linear headphone amplifier and the 2nd generation of He500, and I can say confidently that it is capable of driving HE500 to the fullness and to me at 11'o clock, it is more than loud enough to cause ear discomfort at this listening level. Yes, Do take specification as a guideline as it often don't indicate whether it can drive the headphone well in the real world. Even the phonitor can drive the he500 very well at less than 12'o clock having listening to it before.
I know this might cause some discomfort but even interconnect make quite a difference based on my own personal listening experience, and we might thought that it is headphone amplifier is the issue but end up the interconnect been the case. Based on my own finding, Nordost red dawn LS make the he500 sound more fuller in term of height and depth compare to cardas light, and cardas light make audio technica headphones sound more natural and analogue compare to nordost red dawn.
Edited by macdevign - 3/7/14 at 2:24pm
- REVIEW: Graham Slee Solo Ultra-Linear headphone amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Best audiophile metal and rock albums 1 minute ago
- › MacaW GT100s(inverted dynamic driver) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium 25th anniversary edition review 2 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 4 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 10 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by speedsters
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)