Was that with the HE-500? I haven't heard the GS but looking at the specs it is unlikely to be suitable for the HE-500. But I know the V200 is a superb amplifier that will have no trouble powering the HE-500.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Graham Slee Solo SRG versus Solo SRGII Last post on 9/26/10 at 9:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone amp upgrade for HD 650 and Xonar Essence STX Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My impressions of my new Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear amp Last post on 11/4/11 at 4:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Using a headphone amp with an electric guitar Last post on 10/18/10 at 8:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Concerto or GS Ultra linear ? Last post on 11/1/10 at 2:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
- Headphone Impedance
REVIEW: Graham Slee Solo Ultra-Linear headphone amp - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
well that was with the HD650, LCD-2, LCD-X, SR-325i, etc so I am sure it can power the HE500. uless you're talking about the HE6 which I have not tried. I have tried the HE500 with the little HiFiMan tube amp.
The HE500 is a lot easier to drive than the HE6 but remains a challenging load for many amps and that GS look like exactly the type of amp you want to avoid, just looking at the spec. Max output @ 32Ohms: 140mW, sounds far too wimpy and current limited.
I pretty sure the GS sound great with many cans but have doubts about being a good pairing with the HE500.
I never heard the GS but I owned the HE500 and HE6 and tried those with quite a few amps.
I have listened to the first generation Graham Slee Ultra linear headphone amplifier and the 2nd generation of He500, and I can say confidently that it is capable of driving HE500 to the fullness and to me at 11'o clock, it is more than loud enough to cause ear discomfort at this listening level. Yes, Do take specification as a guideline as it often don't indicate whether it can drive the headphone well in the real world. Even the phonitor can drive the he500 very well at less than 12'o clock having listening to it before.
I know this might cause some discomfort but even interconnect make quite a difference based on my own personal listening experience, and we might thought that it is headphone amplifier is the issue but end up the interconnect been the case. Based on my own finding, Nordost red dawn LS make the he500 sound more fuller in term of height and depth compare to cardas light, and cardas light make audio technica headphones sound more natural and analogue compare to nordost red dawn.
Edited by macdevign - 3/7/14 at 2:24pm
- REVIEW: Graham Slee Solo Ultra-Linear headphone amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread just now
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 30 seconds ago
- › $100 IEMs For Rock/Metal 31 seconds ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 43 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 51 seconds ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)