Was that with the HE-500? I haven't heard the GS but looking at the specs it is unlikely to be suitable for the HE-500. But I know the V200 is a superb amplifier that will have no trouble powering the HE-500.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Graham Slee Solo SRG versus Solo SRGII Last post on 9/26/10 at 9:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone amp upgrade for HD 650 and Xonar Essence STX Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My impressions of my new Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear amp Last post on 11/4/11 at 4:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Using a headphone amp with an electric guitar Last post on 10/18/10 at 8:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Concerto or GS Ultra linear ? Last post on 11/1/10 at 2:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
These are okay headphones if you can get them for a cheap price (sub £90 ) but probably aren't worth any more than that. Their build quality is solid, despite all the plastic used, and they can be...
REVIEW: Graham Slee Solo Ultra-Linear headphone amp - Page 3post #31 of 372/21/14 at 11:43pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 372/22/14 at 2:23amQuote:
well that was with the HD650, LCD-2, LCD-X, SR-325i, etc so I am sure it can power the HE500. uless you're talking about the HE6 which I have not tried. I have tried the HE500 with the little HiFiMan tube amp.post #33 of 372/22/14 at 6:00am
The HE500 is a lot easier to drive than the HE6 but remains a challenging load for many amps and that GS look like exactly the type of amp you want to avoid, just looking at the spec. Max output @ 32Ohms: 140mW, sounds far too wimpy and current limited.
I pretty sure the GS sound great with many cans but have doubts about being a good pairing with the HE500.
I never heard the GS but I owned the HE500 and HE6 and tried those with quite a few amps.post #34 of 373/7/14 at 2:22pm
I have listened to the first generation Graham Slee Ultra linear headphone amplifier and the 2nd generation of He500, and I can say confidently that it is capable of driving HE500 to the fullness and to me at 11'o clock, it is more than loud enough to cause ear discomfort at this listening level. Yes, Do take specification as a guideline as it often don't indicate whether it can drive the headphone well in the real world. Even the phonitor can drive the he500 very well at less than 12'o clock having listening to it before.
I know this might cause some discomfort but even interconnect make quite a difference based on my own personal listening experience, and we might thought that it is headphone amplifier is the issue but end up the interconnect been the case. Based on my own finding, Nordost red dawn LS make the he500 sound more fuller in term of height and depth compare to cardas light, and cardas light make audio technica headphones sound more natural and analogue compare to nordost red dawn.
Edited by macdevign - 3/7/14 at 2:24pmpost #35 of 373/7/14 at 2:28pmpost #36 of 373/7/14 at 8:36pm
- REVIEW: Graham Slee Solo Ultra-Linear headphone amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › STX II op amp and cable 32 seconds ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Superlux Express Train 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Q & A 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › IEM's for under 400 US? 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 8 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 9 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics VE Zen 2.0 impressions and discussion thread 10 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear