any to recommend? thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 1 or Westone UM1? Last post on 9/17/10 at 12:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM for ~$250, upgrading from Shure SE310 Last post on 9/3/10 at 5:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need help : fischer audio dba02 vs westone 1 Last post on 8/31/10 at 1:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 1 vs. Westone UM1? Last post on 9/29/13 at 9:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/10/13
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
Any recommendation for small Portable Headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
If portables for you is not IEMs, you can first take a look at this must read thread:
Than, as WyldRage already said, tell us about your budget limit, requirements and musical preferences.
If I have to make a reccomendation for a portable, i'd say Senn PX200-II. They are great sounding to me with all genres, they are closed and they are foldable, but I don't know if they are in your price range or if they are the type of cans you are looking for.
Hope this helps
the PX200 types are okay.
If you step up to a slightly larger Sennheiser HD25 II, the sonic gains are terrific! Otherwise, you might be looking at IEM type phones for smaller with some sound isolation.
Also, a really, really big factor is open or closed. Do you want isolation or not? Is it alright if your music bleeds out into your surroundings, or not? This determines if you want open or closed, open being non-isolating and sound bleeding, and closed having isolation and does not bleed as much. Open tend to be comfier than closed for longer periods of time due to your ears being able to breathe and not get all sweaty.
Tell us more, headphones are even harder to recommend than IEMs as there are so many more styles.
I belong to www.stereo2go.com the vintage portable forum. yes recommending HP is so personal... very tough
lower cost great performance best I think under $100 USD is
Koss Porta Pros with truly THUNDERLISIOUS BASS ,,, not best highs but acceptable... great with older equipment
btw lifetime warranty and they MEAN IT... after nearly 2 years of high use mine had one channel fail. Mailed it in and for cost of shipping they sent me BRAND NEW... no questions asked. Usually find on ebay or amazon for $35 or so.
I love the Creative Labs EP 630 for about $45 Good choice for digital. Crisp, efficient, very good base and for price very open sound field. and 3 sized ear inserts help make good fit for all. Only complaint is cord is bit tangly... but seems nearly ALL headphone ear bud wiring winds itself up .. what a pain.
MAKE SURE you only buy the Creative Labs from mfg. website as tons of knockoff crap on ebay.
Some of my COLORFUL CASSETTE WALKMANS... yes some nearly size of IPOD classic and damn lighter! SO who cares if I only have 50 songs at a time to listen too... ITS ABOUT THE SOUND..... nothing beats real ANALOG recorded from a dbx vinyl disc just AWESOME ! look up vintage dbx
Edited by WalkmanJohnFL - 6/8/10 at 7:45pm
Just so you know, anything that could be deemed ad-like is not allowed in the main discussion forums, especially if you are a Member of the Trade. http://www.head-fi.org/wiki/terms-of-service
Apparently (and unfortunately) those ToS no longer apply on the new, commercially-oriented head-fi, hence the aggressive marketing that Sennheiser and EarphoneSolutions reps have been doing in recommendation threads. It's a step backwards in my view but it's not up to me. The only thing that's still not allowed is verbally trashing the competition.
- Any recommendation for small Portable Headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › Singapore Head-Fi Meet 8th December 2013 [Pictures] 2 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 2 minutes ago
- › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › 2013 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange 4 minutes ago
- › If I have a external DAC, will connecting it to a PC soundcard do... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe