i know :P what about an ibasso t3? would those be able to handle dt 990 pro 250 ohm?
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/21/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/21/10
- brandSonytagged by System, 7/21/10
- productSony Walkman X Series 16 GB Video MP3 Player w/ OLED Displaytagged by System, 7/21/10
- productSony Walkman X Series 32 GB Video MP3 Player w/ OLED Displaytagged by System, 7/21/10
- productSony Walkman X Series (X1051 & X1061) 16GB & 32GB Video MP3 Player Silicone Skin Case Cover (BLACK)tagged by System, 7/21/10
- productSony X series 1060tagged by System, 7/21/10
Related Forum Threads
- Zune HD vs Sony X Last post on 9/16/10 at 7:43am in Portable Source Gear
- Sony X1060 stuck at 'Every moment has its music' loading screen Last post on 7/12/10 at 8:00am in Portable Source Gear
- player with huge soundstage? Last post on 1/10/12 at 4:07pm in Portable Source Gear
- Sony X or Hifiman 602 Last post on 10/23/10 at 1:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Sony X or S series for ? Last post on 2/2/11 at 2:27pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
Last edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
Portable Amplifier for Sony X series Walkman - Page 3post #31 of 4011/14/10 at 7:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 4011/14/10 at 8:14pmpost #33 of 4011/14/10 at 11:14pm
250 ohm DT 990s with T3?
I am getting the P4 Warbler so it will handle 150 ohm PK1 easily and hopefully drive some HD600s or 650s.
With the D12 and high gain, the PK1s go to about 75% volume if I really want to listen to something demanding at a loud volume. That makes me think that they might like even more power...post #34 of 4011/14/10 at 11:23pm
@cn11: I bought. You Rock.
A decent looking LOD for $29? Gotta try it!
Quote:Originally Posted by cn11
Here's a budget-minded I bought. Works a treat.post #35 of 4011/15/10 at 5:00pm
No way, friends.
My T3 has sat in a drawer for a considerable period of time - basically since I got the D4 - but it was never designed to drive headphones like the DT990. A lot is being said about the Warbler and the Arrow, and I hope both live up to the hype, but the only portable amp (ok, 'transportable') with a proven track record of driving cans like that is the Lisa III, but you are far better served by using IEMs for portable use and keeping the big iron on a desk. Its not about volume - its about 'air' or what I simply call 'oomph'.post #36 of 4011/15/10 at 6:29pmpost #37 of 4011/27/10 at 12:00am
What I purchased was actually not a FiiO L5.
The "auction ended" but it was this link:
It is a Pailiccs 3.55mm with an external braid (black mesh) over white cable going into the Sony connector.
The FiiO looks like a plain black wire cable...post #38 of 4011/27/10 at 7:03amQuote:Originally Posted by estreeter
No way, friends.
My T3 has sat in a drawer for a considerable period of time - basically since I got the D4 - but it was never designed to drive headphones like the DT990. A lot is being said about the Warbler and the Arrow, and I hope both live up to the hype, but the only portable amp (ok, 'transportable') with a proven track record of driving cans like that is the Lisa III, but you are far better served by using IEMs for portable use and keeping the big iron on a desk. Its not about volume - its about 'air' or what I simply call 'oomph'.
FiQuest does it better than L3 IMO, not quite as large, but not small either. the ibasso and RSA balanced options have as much or more voltage swing than both lisa and FiQ, so should do the job, whether they sopund as good as these 2 remains to be seen, guess i'll try them out at a meet this year
T3 though? no way indeedpost #39 of 4011/27/10 at 7:07am
I got the same one you did, and now FiiO has one too? All of a sudden we got options for the Walkman!
I am happily using new LOD to connect my Walkman X to my new Pico Slim and it sounds wonderful -- I think this is truly a heavenly combo, they seem to complement each other wonderfully!post #40 of 4011/27/10 at 2:35pm
- Portable Amplifier for Sony X series Walkman
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Headphones for Orchestral/Classical music, 400 $CA or less... 1 minute ago
- › Advise for a newbie please 1 minute ago
- › SOLD: Red Wine Audio Apple 5G, 80GB, iMod + ALO LOD + accessories 1 minute ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Captured Society Review- Bowers and Wilkins P7 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Recommend under 500 portables for bday present 5 minutes ago
- › Newbie with lots of questions! 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob