i know :P what about an ibasso t3? would those be able to handle dt 990 pro 250 ohm?
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/21/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/21/10
- brandSonytagged by System, 7/21/10
- productSony Walkman X Series 16 GB Video MP3 Player w/ OLED Displaytagged by System, 7/21/10
- productSony Walkman X Series 32 GB Video MP3 Player w/ OLED Displaytagged by System, 7/21/10
- productSony Walkman X Series (X1051 & X1061) 16GB & 32GB Video MP3 Player Silicone Skin Case Cover (BLACK)tagged by System, 7/21/10
- productSony X series 1060tagged by System, 7/21/10
Related Forum Threads
- Zune HD vs Sony X Last post on 9/16/10 at 7:43am in Portable Source Gear
- Sony X1060 stuck at 'Every moment has its music' loading screen Last post on 7/12/10 at 8:00am in Portable Source Gear
- player with huge soundstage? Last post on 1/10/12 at 4:07pm in Portable Source Gear
- Sony X or Hifiman 602 Last post on 10/23/10 at 1:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Sony X or S series for ? Last post on 2/2/11 at 2:27pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
Last edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Related Head Gear
- Sony X series 1060No review yet.
- Sony Walkman X Series 16 GB Video MP3 Player w/...No review yet.
- Sony Walkman X Series (X1051 & X1061) 16GB...No review yet.
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
Portable Amplifier for Sony X series Walkman - Page 3post #31 of 4011/14/10 at 7:06pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 4011/14/10 at 8:14pmpost #33 of 4011/14/10 at 11:14pm
250 ohm DT 990s with T3?
I am getting the P4 Warbler so it will handle 150 ohm PK1 easily and hopefully drive some HD600s or 650s.
With the D12 and high gain, the PK1s go to about 75% volume if I really want to listen to something demanding at a loud volume. That makes me think that they might like even more power...post #34 of 4011/14/10 at 11:23pm
@cn11: I bought. You Rock.
A decent looking LOD for $29? Gotta try it!
Quote:Originally Posted by cn11
Here's a budget-minded I bought. Works a treat.post #35 of 4011/15/10 at 5:00pm
No way, friends.
My T3 has sat in a drawer for a considerable period of time - basically since I got the D4 - but it was never designed to drive headphones like the DT990. A lot is being said about the Warbler and the Arrow, and I hope both live up to the hype, but the only portable amp (ok, 'transportable') with a proven track record of driving cans like that is the Lisa III, but you are far better served by using IEMs for portable use and keeping the big iron on a desk. Its not about volume - its about 'air' or what I simply call 'oomph'.post #36 of 4011/15/10 at 6:29pmpost #37 of 4011/27/10 at 12:00am
What I purchased was actually not a FiiO L5.
The "auction ended" but it was this link:
It is a Pailiccs 3.55mm with an external braid (black mesh) over white cable going into the Sony connector.
The FiiO looks like a plain black wire cable...post #38 of 4011/27/10 at 7:03amQuote:Originally Posted by estreeter
No way, friends.
My T3 has sat in a drawer for a considerable period of time - basically since I got the D4 - but it was never designed to drive headphones like the DT990. A lot is being said about the Warbler and the Arrow, and I hope both live up to the hype, but the only portable amp (ok, 'transportable') with a proven track record of driving cans like that is the Lisa III, but you are far better served by using IEMs for portable use and keeping the big iron on a desk. Its not about volume - its about 'air' or what I simply call 'oomph'.
FiQuest does it better than L3 IMO, not quite as large, but not small either. the ibasso and RSA balanced options have as much or more voltage swing than both lisa and FiQ, so should do the job, whether they sopund as good as these 2 remains to be seen, guess i'll try them out at a meet this year
T3 though? no way indeedpost #39 of 4011/27/10 at 7:07am
I got the same one you did, and now FiiO has one too? All of a sudden we got options for the Walkman!
I am happily using new LOD to connect my Walkman X to my new Pico Slim and it sounds wonderful -- I think this is truly a heavenly combo, they seem to complement each other wonderfully!post #40 of 4011/27/10 at 2:35pm
- Portable Amplifier for Sony X series Walkman
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Audeze LCD-X 11 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2, plus comparisons. 29 seconds ago
- › Best IEM for a bass head? 1 minute ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › DAP/AMP with GR07 MKII sub 200$ range 3 minutes ago
- › M50s overrated? 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 4 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 4 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe