i know :P what about an ibasso t3? would those be able to handle dt 990 pro 250 ohm?
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/21/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/21/10
- brandSonytagged by System, 7/21/10
- productSony Walkman X Series 16 GB Video MP3 Player w/ OLED Displaytagged by System, 7/21/10
- productSony Walkman X Series 32 GB Video MP3 Player w/ OLED Displaytagged by System, 7/21/10
- productSony Walkman X Series (X1051 & X1061) 16GB & 32GB Video MP3 Player Silicone Skin Case Cover (BLACK)tagged by System, 7/21/10
- productSony X series 1060tagged by System, 7/21/10
Related Forum Threads
- Zune HD vs Sony X Last post on 9/16/10 at 7:43am in Portable Source Gear
- Sony X1060 stuck at 'Every moment has its music' loading screen Last post on 7/12/10 at 8:00am in Portable Source Gear
- player with huge soundstage? Last post on 1/10/12 at 4:07pm in Portable Source Gear
- Sony X or Hifiman 602 Last post on 10/23/10 at 1:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Sony X or S series for ? Last post on 2/2/11 at 2:27pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Portable Amplifier for Sony X series Walkman - Page 3post #31 of 4011/14/10 at 7:06pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 4011/14/10 at 8:14pmpost #33 of 4011/14/10 at 11:14pm
250 ohm DT 990s with T3?
I am getting the P4 Warbler so it will handle 150 ohm PK1 easily and hopefully drive some HD600s or 650s.
With the D12 and high gain, the PK1s go to about 75% volume if I really want to listen to something demanding at a loud volume. That makes me think that they might like even more power...post #34 of 4011/14/10 at 11:23pm
@cn11: I bought. You Rock.
A decent looking LOD for $29? Gotta try it!
Quote:Originally Posted by cn11
Here's a budget-minded I bought. Works a treat.post #35 of 4011/15/10 at 5:00pm
No way, friends.
My T3 has sat in a drawer for a considerable period of time - basically since I got the D4 - but it was never designed to drive headphones like the DT990. A lot is being said about the Warbler and the Arrow, and I hope both live up to the hype, but the only portable amp (ok, 'transportable') with a proven track record of driving cans like that is the Lisa III, but you are far better served by using IEMs for portable use and keeping the big iron on a desk. Its not about volume - its about 'air' or what I simply call 'oomph'.post #36 of 4011/15/10 at 6:29pmpost #37 of 4011/27/10 at 12:00am
What I purchased was actually not a FiiO L5.
The "auction ended" but it was this link:
It is a Pailiccs 3.55mm with an external braid (black mesh) over white cable going into the Sony connector.
The FiiO looks like a plain black wire cable...post #38 of 4011/27/10 at 7:03amQuote:Originally Posted by estreeter
No way, friends.
My T3 has sat in a drawer for a considerable period of time - basically since I got the D4 - but it was never designed to drive headphones like the DT990. A lot is being said about the Warbler and the Arrow, and I hope both live up to the hype, but the only portable amp (ok, 'transportable') with a proven track record of driving cans like that is the Lisa III, but you are far better served by using IEMs for portable use and keeping the big iron on a desk. Its not about volume - its about 'air' or what I simply call 'oomph'.
FiQuest does it better than L3 IMO, not quite as large, but not small either. the ibasso and RSA balanced options have as much or more voltage swing than both lisa and FiQ, so should do the job, whether they sopund as good as these 2 remains to be seen, guess i'll try them out at a meet this year
T3 though? no way indeedpost #39 of 4011/27/10 at 7:07am
I got the same one you did, and now FiiO has one too? All of a sudden we got options for the Walkman!
I am happily using new LOD to connect my Walkman X to my new Pico Slim and it sounds wonderful -- I think this is truly a heavenly combo, they seem to complement each other wonderfully!post #40 of 4011/27/10 at 2:35pm
- Portable Amplifier for Sony X series Walkman
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 37 seconds ago
- › Good NON-in-ear earphones with a decent microphone 42 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › "Open Alpha" T50 3D printed headphone project from MrSpeakers 6 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear