Looking great! :D
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/10
- brandUltrasonetagged by System, 9/13/10
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 9/13/10
- productUltrasone Edition8 Palladium Special Edition Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Proof that the average consumer can't tell the difference Last post on 12/9/10 at 7:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cant decide on the Grados Ps1000 or the Ultrasone Edtion 8s Last post on 9/12/10 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For you who have Ultrasone Edition 8 Last post on 9/4/10 at 8:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Edition 8 Lust Last post on 7/31/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Current Edition 8 owners - could you tell me a couple of things? Last post on 6/28/10 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I first reviewed the original Brainwavz R3 back in December 2013, and unfortunately...
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
Ultrasone Edition 8 "Limited Edition" - Page 6post #76 of 4505/17/10 at 7:29am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 4505/17/10 at 8:46am
Yes I will for sure be selling the current Ed 8 to partly fund the LE version, if I go that route. I just can't get out of my head how nice those would look next to my Leben CS300X...post #78 of 4506/8/10 at 12:47am
Based on Latest articles on the net. All state the price for ED8LE (Edition 8 Limited Edition) will be $1699 same as ED8P (Edition 8 Palladium).
Now why wasn't the Hard case included for the Palladium buyers?
The Edition 8 Limited headphones have a MSRP of $1699 and will be available in June at www.ultrasone.com and high-end audio retailers worldwide (stated by most of the latest articles on net).post #79 of 4506/8/10 at 6:09ampost #80 of 4506/8/10 at 6:42ampost #81 of 4506/8/10 at 5:50pm
Soundearphones sometimes has 10-15% off sitewide sales. If you sign up for their newsletter the discount can go up to 20%. That would knock a hefty portion off the price of those Ultrasones for you, Skylab.post #82 of 4506/22/10 at 10:55ampost #83 of 4506/22/10 at 11:16ampost #84 of 4506/22/10 at 1:52pmpost #85 of 4509/11/10 at 10:58pmpost #86 of 4509/16/10 at 1:32am
My Edition 8 Limited finally arrived the other day. I originally had the Ruthenium, but decided to sell it and pre-order this instead. Is it worth the extra $500? I personally think so.
It's hard to capture in photos, but the finish is a luxurious matte version of the Ruthenium finish. It's not as brushed looking at the Palladium version. It's more of a smooth foggy look... it's almost luminous. Looks like metal velvet.
The case these come in is absolutely gorgeous. The leather on it is the same as the leather on the ear pads and headband. It's kind of hard to see in the pictures, but there is stitching all around it that reminds me of the L3000 stitching. You also get a key to lock the case if you are paranoid or have little kids or something. Just don't lose it!
All in all, very impressive results from Ultrasone.post #87 of 4509/16/10 at 1:41am
I have seen these babies in person. They are very, very nice looking indeed. Muppetface's photos are not doing them justice at all. The case is supremely crafted. Quite the sweet package, Muppetface. Congrats!post #88 of 4509/16/10 at 3:30ampost #89 of 4509/16/10 at 4:04ampost #90 of 4509/16/10 at 5:57am
- Ultrasone Edition 8 "Limited Edition"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 19 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 37 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 51 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › [FS] Schiit Magni and Modi combo [PENDING] 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 with 128GB 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)