I think the first production run of the ruthenium was 1000 units but neither it nor the palladium version is supposed to be limited edition
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/10
- brandUltrasonetagged by System, 9/13/10
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 9/13/10
- productUltrasone Edition8 Palladium Special Edition Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Proof that the average consumer can't tell the difference Last post on 12/9/10 at 7:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cant decide on the Grados Ps1000 or the Ultrasone Edtion 8s Last post on 9/12/10 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For you who have Ultrasone Edition 8 Last post on 9/4/10 at 8:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Edition 8 Lust Last post on 7/31/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Current Edition 8 owners - could you tell me a couple of things? Last post on 6/28/10 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I spent a week with the OPPO PM-3 through the head-fi loaner program, and got the chance to try them out on a variety of pieces. 99% of my headphone listening is classical music of one type or...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
Ultrasone Edition 8 "Limited Edition" - Page 3post #31 of 4575/9/10 at 6:42am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 4575/9/10 at 11:50ampost #33 of 4575/10/10 at 3:45pm
At first I bought Ruthenium ED8 because that was the only one in market. Then comes palladium to the market. I thought ruthenium was too shiny and a fingerprint magnet. Therefore bought the Palladium edition (So much better looking IMO. Very elegant and not too shiny). Palladium is still a fingerprint magnet, but much less than compared to the rutenium edition. The limited edition looks very similar to the ruthenium edition (based on pictures), but looks to brownish. I agree with subtle that its just retarded for a firm to sell same headphone in 3 styles with 3 extreme prices. A point to be noted is I got Rutenium edition after it was in market for about 5 months and my SN was 161, and then got palladium 2 days after it releases and that was 187. I really don't know if they are even able to sell over 500 units of each (ruthenium or palladium) and now comes up with Limited edition.
PS: My Palladium was a defective unit, and stop working after 2 days. Ultrasone in California has made me wait for 2 months for the parts to come in from germany so they can fix it. They will receive the parrts this week and then I can get it fixed. Kinda of ridiculous in my opinion for a $1700 headphone to be defective. Starting to lose patience on Ultrasone........ Just my opinion and throwing it out there.
Edited by CodeScripted - 5/10/10 at 8:45pmpost #34 of 4575/10/10 at 5:04pm
If the asking price is in fact $2,300, then I will pass. I'd like the wood accents. But not $2,300 badly. (I don't think...)
Edited by Skylab - 5/10/10 at 10:07pmpost #35 of 4575/10/10 at 6:30pmpost #36 of 4575/10/10 at 9:19pmpost #37 of 4575/10/10 at 10:12pm
They're gorgeous, just like the rest of the ED8s. To be honest, I'm absolutely shocked we haven't seen pictures of celebrities walking around in ED8s.
Now who wants to lend me the money?post #38 of 4575/10/10 at 10:13pmThread StarterQuote:
Yeah I prefer the Ruthenium version as well though the Palladium version is not bad.post #39 of 4575/10/10 at 11:04pm
I prefer Palladium edition. The wood doesn't look too apealing in limited edition.
Looks like hard case will be included for the limited editon (and a color manual). Please note it in the following picture:
Note ruthenium edition is in in the "Madras" leather case....... Look at the hard case behind the handpost #40 of 4575/10/10 at 11:27pmpost #41 of 4575/11/10 at 12:10ampost #42 of 4575/11/10 at 5:37ampost #43 of 4575/11/10 at 5:42ampost #44 of 4575/11/10 at 5:56am
I posted the pic from the link provided by (pekingduck) in Post #1 of this forum.
The last picture is from the link provided by (pekingduck) in Post #9 of this forum.
I just noticed limited edition forum thread yesterday, so I honestly do not konw anything about it other than just what I see in the pictures. I also don't see any information on http://www.edition-headphones.com/ (ultrasone edition 8 official website). I guess Ultrasone will release more information soon....
- Ultrasone Edition 8 "Limited Edition"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 42 seconds ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 1 minute ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › Another flaw of blind tests? 4 minutes ago
- › Peoria IL Summer Meet 2016 (June 18th 2016). 4 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice THA-336i 4 minutes ago
- › DQSM IEM Impressions / Easy Earphones Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Review Recruitment of FiiO DK1 is on Now! ! Join us to review this... 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by gardibolt
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...