I think the first production run of the ruthenium was 1000 units but neither it nor the palladium version is supposed to be limited edition
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/10
- brandUltrasonetagged by System, 9/13/10
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 9/13/10
- productUltrasone Edition8 Palladium Special Edition Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Proof that the average consumer can't tell the difference Last post on 12/9/10 at 7:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cant decide on the Grados Ps1000 or the Ultrasone Edtion 8s Last post on 9/12/10 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For you who have Ultrasone Edition 8 Last post on 9/4/10 at 8:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Edition 8 Lust Last post on 7/31/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Current Edition 8 owners - could you tell me a couple of things? Last post on 6/28/10 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought this headphone as part of a search for an birthday present for my little brother (going for that brother of the year award, he deserved it). I tested and listened to the DT 770 pro 32 ohm...
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
Ultrasone Edition 8 "Limited Edition" - Page 3post #31 of 4565/9/10 at 6:42am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 4565/9/10 at 11:50ampost #33 of 4565/10/10 at 3:45pm
At first I bought Ruthenium ED8 because that was the only one in market. Then comes palladium to the market. I thought ruthenium was too shiny and a fingerprint magnet. Therefore bought the Palladium edition (So much better looking IMO. Very elegant and not too shiny). Palladium is still a fingerprint magnet, but much less than compared to the rutenium edition. The limited edition looks very similar to the ruthenium edition (based on pictures), but looks to brownish. I agree with subtle that its just retarded for a firm to sell same headphone in 3 styles with 3 extreme prices. A point to be noted is I got Rutenium edition after it was in market for about 5 months and my SN was 161, and then got palladium 2 days after it releases and that was 187. I really don't know if they are even able to sell over 500 units of each (ruthenium or palladium) and now comes up with Limited edition.
PS: My Palladium was a defective unit, and stop working after 2 days. Ultrasone in California has made me wait for 2 months for the parts to come in from germany so they can fix it. They will receive the parrts this week and then I can get it fixed. Kinda of ridiculous in my opinion for a $1700 headphone to be defective. Starting to lose patience on Ultrasone........ Just my opinion and throwing it out there.
Edited by CodeScripted - 5/10/10 at 8:45pmpost #34 of 4565/10/10 at 5:04pm
If the asking price is in fact $2,300, then I will pass. I'd like the wood accents. But not $2,300 badly. (I don't think...)
Edited by Skylab - 5/10/10 at 10:07pmpost #35 of 4565/10/10 at 6:30pmpost #36 of 4565/10/10 at 9:19pmpost #37 of 4565/10/10 at 10:12pm
They're gorgeous, just like the rest of the ED8s. To be honest, I'm absolutely shocked we haven't seen pictures of celebrities walking around in ED8s.
Now who wants to lend me the money?post #38 of 4565/10/10 at 10:13pmThread StarterQuote:
Yeah I prefer the Ruthenium version as well though the Palladium version is not bad.post #39 of 4565/10/10 at 11:04pm
I prefer Palladium edition. The wood doesn't look too apealing in limited edition.
Looks like hard case will be included for the limited editon (and a color manual). Please note it in the following picture:
Note ruthenium edition is in in the "Madras" leather case....... Look at the hard case behind the handpost #40 of 4565/10/10 at 11:27pmpost #41 of 4565/11/10 at 12:10ampost #42 of 4565/11/10 at 5:37ampost #43 of 4565/11/10 at 5:42ampost #44 of 4565/11/10 at 5:56am
I posted the pic from the link provided by (pekingduck) in Post #1 of this forum.
The last picture is from the link provided by (pekingduck) in Post #9 of this forum.
I just noticed limited edition forum thread yesterday, so I honestly do not konw anything about it other than just what I see in the pictures. I also don't see any information on http://www.edition-headphones.com/ (ultrasone edition 8 official website). I guess Ultrasone will release more information soon....
- Ultrasone Edition 8 "Limited Edition"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Will This Be Called The Westone "Epic" Tip? 10 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Marantz HD-DAC1 3 minutes ago
- › Cambridge meet impressions, 25 April 2015 3 minutes ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 12 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2