I think the first production run of the ruthenium was 1000 units but neither it nor the palladium version is supposed to be limited edition
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/10
- brandUltrasonetagged by System, 9/13/10
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 9/13/10
- productUltrasone Edition8 Palladium Special Edition Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Proof that the average consumer can't tell the difference Last post on 12/9/10 at 7:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cant decide on the Grados Ps1000 or the Ultrasone Edtion 8s Last post on 9/12/10 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For you who have Ultrasone Edition 8 Last post on 9/4/10 at 8:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Edition 8 Lust Last post on 7/31/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Current Edition 8 owners - could you tell me a couple of things? Last post on 6/28/10 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Inside the box Besides the headphone's being neatly folded inside of the box, they give you an manual and two cables. The first cable is an USB cable which is used to charge the battery inside of...
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
Ultrasone Edition 8 "Limited Edition" - Page 3post #31 of 4575/9/10 at 6:42am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 4575/9/10 at 11:50ampost #33 of 4575/10/10 at 3:45pm
At first I bought Ruthenium ED8 because that was the only one in market. Then comes palladium to the market. I thought ruthenium was too shiny and a fingerprint magnet. Therefore bought the Palladium edition (So much better looking IMO. Very elegant and not too shiny). Palladium is still a fingerprint magnet, but much less than compared to the rutenium edition. The limited edition looks very similar to the ruthenium edition (based on pictures), but looks to brownish. I agree with subtle that its just retarded for a firm to sell same headphone in 3 styles with 3 extreme prices. A point to be noted is I got Rutenium edition after it was in market for about 5 months and my SN was 161, and then got palladium 2 days after it releases and that was 187. I really don't know if they are even able to sell over 500 units of each (ruthenium or palladium) and now comes up with Limited edition.
PS: My Palladium was a defective unit, and stop working after 2 days. Ultrasone in California has made me wait for 2 months for the parts to come in from germany so they can fix it. They will receive the parrts this week and then I can get it fixed. Kinda of ridiculous in my opinion for a $1700 headphone to be defective. Starting to lose patience on Ultrasone........ Just my opinion and throwing it out there.
Edited by CodeScripted - 5/10/10 at 8:45pmpost #34 of 4575/10/10 at 5:04pm
If the asking price is in fact $2,300, then I will pass. I'd like the wood accents. But not $2,300 badly. (I don't think...)
Edited by Skylab - 5/10/10 at 10:07pmpost #35 of 4575/10/10 at 6:30pmpost #36 of 4575/10/10 at 9:19pmpost #37 of 4575/10/10 at 10:12pm
They're gorgeous, just like the rest of the ED8s. To be honest, I'm absolutely shocked we haven't seen pictures of celebrities walking around in ED8s.
Now who wants to lend me the money?post #38 of 4575/10/10 at 10:13pmThread StarterQuote:
Yeah I prefer the Ruthenium version as well though the Palladium version is not bad.post #39 of 4575/10/10 at 11:04pm
I prefer Palladium edition. The wood doesn't look too apealing in limited edition.
Looks like hard case will be included for the limited editon (and a color manual). Please note it in the following picture:
Note ruthenium edition is in in the "Madras" leather case....... Look at the hard case behind the handpost #40 of 4575/10/10 at 11:27pmpost #41 of 4575/11/10 at 12:10ampost #42 of 4575/11/10 at 5:37ampost #43 of 4575/11/10 at 5:42ampost #44 of 4575/11/10 at 5:56am
I posted the pic from the link provided by (pekingduck) in Post #1 of this forum.
The last picture is from the link provided by (pekingduck) in Post #9 of this forum.
I just noticed limited edition forum thread yesterday, so I honestly do not konw anything about it other than just what I see in the pictures. I also don't see any information on http://www.edition-headphones.com/ (ultrasone edition 8 official website). I guess Ultrasone will release more information soon....
- Ultrasone Edition 8 "Limited Edition"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 34 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out V2A 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 3 minutes ago
- › So my Philips X2 have minimal bass, upgrade? 4 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 6 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 9 minutes ago
- › DAP Challenge Chart (Including 26 Portable Sources, the BIT Opus 1... 13 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 13 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...