I think the first production run of the ruthenium was 1000 units but neither it nor the palladium version is supposed to be limited edition
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/10
- brandUltrasonetagged by System, 9/13/10
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 9/13/10
- productUltrasone Edition8 Palladium Special Edition Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Proof that the average consumer can't tell the difference Last post on 12/9/10 at 7:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cant decide on the Grados Ps1000 or the Ultrasone Edtion 8s Last post on 9/12/10 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For you who have Ultrasone Edition 8 Last post on 9/4/10 at 8:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Edition 8 Lust Last post on 7/31/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Current Edition 8 owners - could you tell me a couple of things? Last post on 6/28/10 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Ultrasone Edition 8 "Limited Edition" - Page 3post #31 of 4505/9/10 at 6:42am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 4505/9/10 at 11:50ampost #33 of 4505/10/10 at 3:45pm
At first I bought Ruthenium ED8 because that was the only one in market. Then comes palladium to the market. I thought ruthenium was too shiny and a fingerprint magnet. Therefore bought the Palladium edition (So much better looking IMO. Very elegant and not too shiny). Palladium is still a fingerprint magnet, but much less than compared to the rutenium edition. The limited edition looks very similar to the ruthenium edition (based on pictures), but looks to brownish. I agree with subtle that its just retarded for a firm to sell same headphone in 3 styles with 3 extreme prices. A point to be noted is I got Rutenium edition after it was in market for about 5 months and my SN was 161, and then got palladium 2 days after it releases and that was 187. I really don't know if they are even able to sell over 500 units of each (ruthenium or palladium) and now comes up with Limited edition.
PS: My Palladium was a defective unit, and stop working after 2 days. Ultrasone in California has made me wait for 2 months for the parts to come in from germany so they can fix it. They will receive the parrts this week and then I can get it fixed. Kinda of ridiculous in my opinion for a $1700 headphone to be defective. Starting to lose patience on Ultrasone........ Just my opinion and throwing it out there.
Edited by CodeScripted - 5/10/10 at 8:45pmpost #34 of 4505/10/10 at 5:04pm
If the asking price is in fact $2,300, then I will pass. I'd like the wood accents. But not $2,300 badly. (I don't think...)
Edited by Skylab - 5/10/10 at 10:07pmpost #35 of 4505/10/10 at 6:30pmpost #36 of 4505/10/10 at 9:19pmpost #37 of 4505/10/10 at 10:12pm
They're gorgeous, just like the rest of the ED8s. To be honest, I'm absolutely shocked we haven't seen pictures of celebrities walking around in ED8s.
Now who wants to lend me the money?post #38 of 4505/10/10 at 10:13pmThread StarterQuote:
Yeah I prefer the Ruthenium version as well though the Palladium version is not bad.post #39 of 4505/10/10 at 11:04pm
I prefer Palladium edition. The wood doesn't look too apealing in limited edition.
Looks like hard case will be included for the limited editon (and a color manual). Please note it in the following picture:
Note ruthenium edition is in in the "Madras" leather case....... Look at the hard case behind the handpost #40 of 4505/10/10 at 11:27pmpost #41 of 4505/11/10 at 12:10ampost #42 of 4505/11/10 at 5:37ampost #43 of 4505/11/10 at 5:42ampost #44 of 4505/11/10 at 5:56am
I posted the pic from the link provided by (pekingduck) in Post #1 of this forum.
The last picture is from the link provided by (pekingduck) in Post #9 of this forum.
I just noticed limited edition forum thread yesterday, so I honestly do not konw anything about it other than just what I see in the pictures. I also don't see any information on http://www.edition-headphones.com/ (ultrasone edition 8 official website). I guess Ultrasone will release more information soon....
- Ultrasone Edition 8 "Limited Edition"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Crystal Picolino Cable by Effect Audio 2 minutes ago
- › will dac eliminate the buzzing sound? 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Buying my first audiophile grade headphones need some help please :) 8 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added... 9 minutes ago
- › Shaving, gents 9 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 14 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)