I think the first production run of the ruthenium was 1000 units but neither it nor the palladium version is supposed to be limited edition
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/10
- brandUltrasonetagged by System, 9/13/10
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 9/13/10
- productUltrasone Edition8 Palladium Special Edition Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Proof that the average consumer can't tell the difference Last post on 12/9/10 at 7:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cant decide on the Grados Ps1000 or the Ultrasone Edtion 8s Last post on 9/12/10 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For you who have Ultrasone Edition 8 Last post on 9/4/10 at 8:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Edition 8 Lust Last post on 7/31/11 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Current Edition 8 owners - could you tell me a couple of things? Last post on 6/28/10 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Ultrasone Edition 8 "Limited Edition" - Page 3post #31 of 4505/9/10 at 6:42am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 4505/9/10 at 11:50ampost #33 of 4505/10/10 at 3:45pm
At first I bought Ruthenium ED8 because that was the only one in market. Then comes palladium to the market. I thought ruthenium was too shiny and a fingerprint magnet. Therefore bought the Palladium edition (So much better looking IMO. Very elegant and not too shiny). Palladium is still a fingerprint magnet, but much less than compared to the rutenium edition. The limited edition looks very similar to the ruthenium edition (based on pictures), but looks to brownish. I agree with subtle that its just retarded for a firm to sell same headphone in 3 styles with 3 extreme prices. A point to be noted is I got Rutenium edition after it was in market for about 5 months and my SN was 161, and then got palladium 2 days after it releases and that was 187. I really don't know if they are even able to sell over 500 units of each (ruthenium or palladium) and now comes up with Limited edition.
PS: My Palladium was a defective unit, and stop working after 2 days. Ultrasone in California has made me wait for 2 months for the parts to come in from germany so they can fix it. They will receive the parrts this week and then I can get it fixed. Kinda of ridiculous in my opinion for a $1700 headphone to be defective. Starting to lose patience on Ultrasone........ Just my opinion and throwing it out there.
Edited by CodeScripted - 5/10/10 at 8:45pmpost #34 of 4505/10/10 at 5:04pm
If the asking price is in fact $2,300, then I will pass. I'd like the wood accents. But not $2,300 badly. (I don't think...)
Edited by Skylab - 5/10/10 at 10:07pmpost #35 of 4505/10/10 at 6:30pmpost #36 of 4505/10/10 at 9:19pmpost #37 of 4505/10/10 at 10:12pm
They're gorgeous, just like the rest of the ED8s. To be honest, I'm absolutely shocked we haven't seen pictures of celebrities walking around in ED8s.
Now who wants to lend me the money?post #38 of 4505/10/10 at 10:13pmThread StarterQuote:
Yeah I prefer the Ruthenium version as well though the Palladium version is not bad.post #39 of 4505/10/10 at 11:04pm
I prefer Palladium edition. The wood doesn't look too apealing in limited edition.
Looks like hard case will be included for the limited editon (and a color manual). Please note it in the following picture:
Note ruthenium edition is in in the "Madras" leather case....... Look at the hard case behind the handpost #40 of 4505/10/10 at 11:27pmpost #41 of 4505/11/10 at 12:10ampost #42 of 4505/11/10 at 5:37ampost #43 of 4505/11/10 at 5:42ampost #44 of 4505/11/10 at 5:56am
I posted the pic from the link provided by (pekingduck) in Post #1 of this forum.
The last picture is from the link provided by (pekingduck) in Post #9 of this forum.
I just noticed limited edition forum thread yesterday, so I honestly do not konw anything about it other than just what I see in the pictures. I also don't see any information on http://www.edition-headphones.com/ (ultrasone edition 8 official website). I guess Ultrasone will release more information soon....
- Ultrasone Edition 8 "Limited Edition"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 25 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 26 seconds ago
- › DT 990 driver repair 31 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 34 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 37 seconds ago
- › Replacement cable for V-MODA M100 2 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 2 minutes ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 2 minutes ago
- › Trying to find the perfect over-ear headphones to invest in 3 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)