haha thanks! I tot it is a japanese company cos i am flying there in July hoping to grab some good amps.
Related Forum Threads
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp For AKG K240 MKIi Last post on 8/12/12 at 8:24am in Portable Headphone Amps
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Leckerton Audio UHA-3 Issues Last post on 7/16/12 at 8:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
- Headphone Impedance
[Review] FiQuest portable headphone amp - adroit audio evangelism - Page 2
I have been listening to my maxxed fi.Q. Excellent sound. No I haven't changed out all the resistors but the signal path ones are the NOS tantalums that are much better than current production tants. Dynamic, dimensional, excellent bass control and layered, what more could one ask of a portable that can perform like a home amp? Smaller? Well smaller wouldn't allow for room to rework and change out caps and resistors. Not too many portables that have room for 1 and 2 watt tants, that to me, are the best sounding.
Edited by jamato8 - 5/25/10 at 2:35pm
The smaller prototype models perform well, but have a LOT less tinkering potential than the current FiQuest. That said, some op-amps that aren't 100% stable in the FiQuest (OPA2111KP) for instance are 100% stable in the prototype even at high volumes with mutli-voiced balanced armatures.
And conversely, some op-amps that aren't stable in the prototype are stable in the original. I will have a good comparison out in a few days.
- [Review] FiQuest portable headphone amp - adroit audio evangelism
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 30 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 2 minutes ago
- › Buzzing sound coming from pc. Looking for solutions. 3 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Delivery times, BHSE, Cavalli LL Mk2, EC Electra, Woo WES and... 7 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)