haha thanks! I tot it is a japanese company cos i am flying there in July hoping to grab some good amps.
Related Forum Threads
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp For AKG K240 MKIi Last post on 8/12/12 at 8:24am in Portable Headphone Amps
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 7/16/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Leckerton Audio UHA-3 Issues Last post on 7/16/12 at 8:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
- Headphone Impedance
[Review] FiQuest portable headphone amp - adroit audio evangelism - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have been listening to my maxxed fi.Q. Excellent sound. No I haven't changed out all the resistors but the signal path ones are the NOS tantalums that are much better than current production tants. Dynamic, dimensional, excellent bass control and layered, what more could one ask of a portable that can perform like a home amp? Smaller? Well smaller wouldn't allow for room to rework and change out caps and resistors. Not too many portables that have room for 1 and 2 watt tants, that to me, are the best sounding.
Edited by jamato8 - 5/25/10 at 2:35pm
The smaller prototype models perform well, but have a LOT less tinkering potential than the current FiQuest. That said, some op-amps that aren't 100% stable in the FiQuest (OPA2111KP) for instance are 100% stable in the prototype even at high volumes with mutli-voiced balanced armatures.
And conversely, some op-amps that aren't stable in the prototype are stable in the original. I will have a good comparison out in a few days.
- [Review] FiQuest portable headphone amp - adroit audio evangelism
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 16 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Trying to find some nice crisp/clear/crystal clear heahphones 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 1 minute ago
- › New Nagra HD DAC 1 minute ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 2 minutes ago
- › Upgrade from SB ZxR - help needed! 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3