No problems -"multitasking" plus not being native English speaker may produce awkward response from my part sometimes.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Amp advice for a first-timer Last post on 10/27/11 at 1:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apogee Duet with custom break out cable Last post on 10/5/11 at 9:41am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- TubeMagic D1 - Enough to drive Ortho's? Last post on 9/19/11 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for T70p - Price = 2-400 USD Last post on 12/4/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
This review is for the Linum Bax 2-Pin, Bax IEM and headphone cables. Let me introduce myself my name is Adam, I live in the states between Philadelphia and New York City. I have been into audio...
Havi B3 Pro 1 - Pictorial Review Let me start by saying that ......the purchase of B3Pro1 has been long time coming ever since introduced by bhazard in the Chinese thread early last year...
I have posted a more detailed review on my blog with hi resolution pictures. http://blog.hyperexpert.com/audio-technica-at-pha50bt-first-impressions-and-review/ I stumbled upon Audio Technica’s...
My impressions is that these don’t sound significantly different than the cheaper SP version in terms of sound signature. The biggest difference is detail, more extended highs and smoother mid. If...
Testing audiophile claims and myths - Page 302post #4516 of 45194/13/15 at 4:00pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #4517 of 45194/13/15 at 7:10pm
I'll suggest that there is a practical way to ABX double blind test DSD versus PCM audio.
At least, if one starts with the assumption that if DSD audio at sufficient sample rate is superior, and that a PCM ADC/DAC loop would degrade or otherwise affect the sound audibly.
At least one commercial ABX switch box is available with line level and amplified level switching. It would be trivial; given the resources to purchase, rent, or borrow such a switch box; to test a DSD file output to a DSD DAC, and ABX compare with and without the PCM ADC/DAC loop.
If a difference is clearly audible, this would unequivocally demonstrate so.
Edited by BlackbeardBen - 4/13/15 at 7:11pmpost #4518 of 45194/13/15 at 7:38pmAre you only saying that native DSD DAC are an improvement or are dacs that accept DSD via. DoP included as well? There are reasonably (~$400) native DACs and sub $200 dsd via dop DACs available.post #4519 of 45194/15/15 at 4:38pm
I was going to try and recover this thread by moving the DSD discussion out of it, but since it goes back well into last year, it is simpler to re-open the thread. It is beyond being able to do.
- Testing audiophile claims and myths
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Band Name Game II 9 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Linear Power Supply (LPS and LPS4)... 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 5 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2