@ KLS, yeah I just did a test checkout, shipping is 30 euro, so the SM3 + shipping would bring it close to $450 AUD.
Related Forum Threads
- Replacement tips for ATH-CK10? Last post on 6/14/11 at 9:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phiaton 200 or Audio Technica ATHCK7? Last post on 7/19/11 at 2:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tips for AT CK10's Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good bang for buck IEMs Last post on 3/25/11 at 9:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In ear for biking and gym Last post on 3/15/11 at 12:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
IEMs to complement or replace CK7 - Page 2post #16 of 435/6/10 at 8:46amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 435/6/10 at 9:02am
If you are coming from AD700 (bright sounding) to SM3 (warm sounding), I think you will need some time to get accustomed to SM3 sound signature. If you really love sparkly and good energy treble, SM3 isn't going to please you. However, the smooth and laid back sound siganture might be a good complement to your AD700.
For me, I was spending most of my time with CK10 when my pair of SM3 arrived. Out of the box, I was so disappointed because SM3 sounded muddy, and has no treble at all, compared to my CK10 side by side...Some say burn in help improving their sound, for my case I think it is my brain which burned in, and I am fully adapted to their sound signature, and is loving them now.
There are more head-fiers getting SM3. If I were you, I'd wait for more reviews and impressions. $450 AUD is not a small sum I know.
Edited by KLS - 5/6/10 at 2:03pmpost #18 of 435/6/10 at 9:19amThread Starter
While the AD700 are characteristically bright sounding, I do prefer them over my CK7, as they are also warmer; so you could say I might get accustomed to SM3 quite quickly.
That said; KLS - I would assume the SM3 highs are controlled and much smoother than the sharp and crisp highs of the CK7?
Hmmm. I'm definitely going to wait around for more reviews and impressions; given the excitement around SM3 and Fischer-Audio at the moment.post #19 of 435/6/10 at 9:36am
I have yet to try CK7, but the highs on SM3 is more laid back, and not as much treble energy compared to CK10. For my case, a shallow insertion brings out more treble from SM3, but yet not as detailed compared to CK10.
Serious-basshead won't like CK10. Serious-treblehead won't like SM3. If you get what I mean
By the way I still think that CK10 suits you better.
Edited by KLS - 5/6/10 at 2:38pmpost #20 of 435/6/10 at 9:53pmThread Starter
Ah, I'm not a serious basshead or a serious treblehead - but I guess the CK10 would suit me a little better; ergonomically.
KLS, how much should a pair of CK10 go for nowadays, I'm seeing prices of 200-300 USD?post #21 of 435/6/10 at 9:56pmpost #22 of 435/6/10 at 10:42pm
You should be able to get one brand new for less than USD 220.
By the way, @rawrster here tried AD700 and have the CK10
post #23 of 435/7/10 at 1:43amThread Starter
Okay, I did a little comparison (again) with the CK7 and AD700 with "The Beatles - Yesterday" in flac through my D2+.
The AD700 clearly wins as the sound signature is naturally presented whereas a mids bump is clearly discernable on the CK7. The acoustic guitar in the background is much more strongly accented with the CK7, but the AD700 wins over by presenting the same level of detail, but with less "forced/coloured" twang to the sound of the strings (the twang reverb can be heard, but it's smoother and isn't as sharp), which can become a little distracting. Obviously, an open dynamic 'phone is definitely much more airy than my CK7 - so if the CK10 can offer similar presentation, I would be glad to try and look for a pair.post #24 of 435/7/10 at 2:09am
I just listened to 'The Beatles-Yesterday' on Youtube. Yes Youtube not FLAC
I don't feel the 'forced/coloured' twang to the sound of the strings.
Quoted from this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/220770/describing-sound-a-glossaryQuote:Airy - Spacious. Open. Instruments sound like they are surrounded by a large reflective space full of air. Good reproduction of high frequency reflections. High frequency response extends to 15 or 20 kHz.
CK10 has an airy presentation, however to me, though the above description fits for CK10, I don't feel as much 'flowing air' if I compared to IEMs like SM3 or IE8. Maybe this is a difference between warm and cold sounding. Don't get me wrong here, what I mean is CK10 has good soundstage, great instrument separation, and is a little north of neutral (slightly to the cold side), but I feel that there is more air 'flowing' in SM3 and IE8.
Edited by KLS - 5/7/10 at 7:10ampost #25 of 435/7/10 at 4:44amThread Starter
Hmm. I the 'forced' twang I hear must be connected to the bass response of my CK7. The guitar sounds gentler on AD700, whereas CK7, it's much sharper and much more pronounced. Perhaps the distance of the AD700 drivers compared to the in-ear insertion of the CK7 which produced sound that was closer; thus seemingly louder.
On the other hand, I would imagine the airiness/soundstage of the CK10 would be like a regular sized room...whereas the CK7 would be likened to a small cardboard box; and the SM3..a large sized hall?post #26 of 435/7/10 at 5:05am
For your reference:
- Post #2: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/485632/earsonics-sm3-appreciation-discussion-review-thread-aka-the-most-affordable-high-priced-universal-iem/0
- Post #449: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/476315/top-tier-universal-iem-comparison-chart-frequency-response-charts-discussion-first-post-updated-often/435
In my opinion, CK10 has a big soundstage too, just not as big as SM3's. I don't suffer from any 'choking' experience with both of them.post #27 of 435/14/10 at 7:17pmThread Starter
I guess it's been a while since I last replied, but since you own the CK10, KLS - what sort of cord adjuster does it use? I really am not fond of the plastic tube the CK7 uses as the cables end up getting twisted inside.post #28 of 435/14/10 at 7:24pmpost #29 of 435/14/10 at 9:04pmQuote:Quote:
What @rewrster said :) It's a plastic tube which measures around 2.5cm. Even if the cable get twisted inside I think you can fix them easily.
@1audioz, haven't made up your mind?
post #30 of 435/15/10 at 12:01amThread Starter
I think I've made up my mind, I've just got to order it (CK10) now.
$229 from Amazon + $30 shipping (I like my Courier =] ) - good deal? Seems better than any Australian reseller or eBay for that matter.
Do CK10 improve noticeably with an amp?
Edited by 1audioz - 5/15/10 at 5:02amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs to complement or replace CK7
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Band Name Game II 2 seconds ago
- › Oppo Sonica DAC (an affordable ES9038PRO Sabre DAC) 35 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Some interesting measurements about FLAC VS WAV 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 3 minutes ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear