Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › EarSonics SM3 Appreciation, Discussion, & Review Thread - Technically Best Universal? (see first post for reviews and info)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EarSonics SM3 Appreciation, Discussion, & Review Thread - Technically Best Universal? (see first... - Page 181  

post #2701 of 2831

Yeah luco, when you raised the membership dues to fanclub without consulting me, well you see what we get buddy, rebellion!!! Next time, don't raise it by a mere 10 percent, double the cost for getting in @ luco. I'm worth it!! LOL 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucozade View Post

@ericp , thanks for the info ericp buddy.

ericp ,you seem to be the center of attention in this thread again ,do i detect a mutiny in the ranks of your fan club ?
 


 
post #2702 of 2831

So Joe, when is your review of the Em3pro coming out? Or have you written it? Mind providing a link to it? I can't wait to read it.

post #2703 of 2831

I think Joe's busy these days.

 

@music4321  You should avoid the Bush reference for a number of reasons.  In fact you should edit it.  Its both volatile and incoherent. I'm not even sure what your point was.  

post #2704 of 2831


I can't even respond to most of music4321's post @ Anaxilus, because I didn't understand the point of it either. I guess my journalistic instincts or skills (since he threw that out in the post) aren't as advance as I was led to believe by the countless newspapers and magazines that have hired me throughout my 18-years-old career. But that's neither here or there either. I will say (sorry Anaxilus, I do realize I'm your post buddy) that anyone who doesn't post here anymore in this thread  have stopped by their own choice. I and a few others have been attacked by pretty much the same core of people who are attempting to attack me now. I didn't gather all of my toys and state, "You guys are mean!! I'm not playing here anymore." Neither did the others you have attacked. So don't try that sanctimonious diatribe with me. I didn't report it (because I didn't care), but one of the reasons this thread was shut down for awhile is because some of the same troublemakers - music4321 included - decided to go on an all-out blitz attack on me for using the words "buddy" and "happy listening" in my posts. Now, you want to start up again because I express opinions that may cause newer head-fiers not to listen to you?  Please give it a rest. 

 

Again @ Anaxilus, my apologies for responding to this mess music addressed to me in your post . I shall go by my first inclination and ignore all further barbs at me. Happy listening. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

I think Joe's busy these days.

 

@music4321  You should avoid the Bush reference for a number of reasons.  In fact you should edit it.  Its both volatile and incoherent. I'm not even sure what your point was.  


Edited by ericp10 - 7/27/10 at 6:36pm
post #2705 of 2831

Can we get back to talking about the SM3s now?

post #2706 of 2831

ericp10, I apologise if my earlier post offended you. That wasn't its purpose but it was a consequence that I should have foreseen. I want to make it clear that this is not part of any orchestrated campaign against you. Just because I happen to share the view of two other Head-Fier's regarding the content of your posts, that doesn't mean that we have conspired against you. That's a highly unlikely scenario from my perspective. You have lashed out in your response, which is to be expected. You have a history of doing that when challenged. However, what I do find genuinely surprising is that you are a journalist.

post #2707 of 2831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

 

 to my head-fi buddies....lol. I love the attention. Let's see how long these cats give me what I love.... lol. Either way I win.

Hey! 

 

just kidding!

 


Edited by Kunlun - 7/27/10 at 7:42pm
post #2708 of 2831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Kid View Post

Can we get back to talking about the SM3s now?


X2

post #2709 of 2831

I must say that in spite of all the attacking of eric's post style, and profession (which is pretty repulsive by its own merit, music), I find his observations some of the most insightful and spot on around here. I for one am not put off by his writing style and passionate conveying of his impressions.

 

Also music, you should be cautious of your political discussions. It's strictly forbidden in the rules here on HF, and you never know who you will offend by discussing such topics in the manner you have. It borders on a reportable offense. 

 

And yes, let's get back to discussing the SM3.

post #2710 of 2831

Who cares iponderous? I certainly don't. Since I don't have to depend on you to make a living for myself (or try to impress people online with my fancy vocabulary), stay surprised.  By the way, keep your lame apology for someone who wants it. I have no use for it or your thoughts. I wish you and others who don't like my posts could get into the same mindset as me and not care. I rarely engage this same motley crew of head-fi creeps, and never criticize your posts whether I agree with you or not. Is it too much to ask for the same consideration? Now, please put this thread back on track. As I recall, my comments about the DBAs were my opinions as it related to me comparing it to the SM3. You - the dimwitted posters who have a gripe with me - act as if I went into the DBA thread and belittled it before all of its fans. Get a life! Happy listening. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iponderous View Post

ericp10, I apologise if my earlier post offended you. That wasn't its purpose but it was a consequence that I should have foreseen. I want to make it clear that this is not part of any orchestrated campaign against you. Just because I happen to share the view of two other Head-Fier's regarding the content of your posts, that doesn't mean that we have conspired against you. That's a highly unlikely scenario from my perspective. You have lashed out in your response, which is to be expected. You have a history of doing that when challenged. However, what I do find genuinely surprising is that you are a journalist.

post #2711 of 2831

I appreciate your words, cn11. Thanks for starting the flow of positive energy back into the thread. Happy listening buddy! 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post

I must say that in spite of all the attacking of eric's post style, and profession (which is pretty repulsive by its own merit, music), I find his observations some of the most insightful and spot on around here. I for one am not put off by his writing style and passionate conveying of his impressions.

 

Also music, you should be cautious of your political discussions. It's strictly forbidden in the rules here on HF, and you never know who you will offend by discussing such topics in the manner you have. It borders on a reportable offense. 

 

And yes, let's get back to discussing the SM3.

post #2712 of 2831

OK sorry but are we all in Grade 3 here? Attacking people's livelihood is ridiculous and uncalled for, as is name calling and what not. For those who don't like each other or someones posting style use the darn ignore button and then stop giving in to the urge to unhide posts. I've seen less heated responses to personal attacks towards family members than what happens on this forum. THESE ARE HEADPHONES PEOPLE, NOT LOVED ONES! So get some perspective and let others comments about your favorite IEM or perceived slights against your "buddies" favorite IEM roll off like water off a duck instead of taking it so personally. Heck it's not like this forum doesn't have alot of people throwing out positive comments about most high end IEM's, so negative comments just bring things back into perspective at times or at least show another side of the coin.

 

OK rant over.

 

So in regards to the SM3. I have to say I do find the treble a little to recessed for my tastes using the dual flange tips (maybe they are changing as I use them?) and while triple flange sound better, I just find them to uncomfortable to wear long term. So I posted this question in the MTPC thread but will ask it here as well. If I go custom tips or have these customed by Fisher are customs more comfortable than triple flange tips or would I find them iritating in my ears? Also for those using customs tips or customed shells, have you noticed more treble? BTW I am not looking for monster volume increases here just a bit more treble presence. Also I know there a few posts in here by one user about custom tips, I will find and reread those posts to save them having to be quoted here.

post #2713 of 2831

Hello @ dweaver, it's funny but I was just about to post something about the highs since I am now using a modded pair of Monster triple-flange IEMs. And I am also finding that the deeper the tips can go inside my ear canals, the less recessed the treble is. Actually the treble of the SM3 doesn't sound recess at all. Now, like you, I don't care for triple flanges and find these tips somewhat uncomfortable, but at the same time, these tips are best in balancing out the entire sound spectrum of the SM3.

post #2714 of 2831

With the coupons right now any Canadians wish to purchase the SM3, they're $289 shipped to your doors off SoundEarphones but, don't forget duty/tax!

post #2715 of 2831
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythless View Post

With the coupons right now any Canadians wish to purchase the SM3, they're $289 shipped to your doors off SoundEarphones but, don't forget duty/tax!

 


SoundEarphones throw a free shipping even for Canadian?

 

Damn, I have been looking for it for a long time when I could be capable of buying it, not now I had spent my money on something  else.............

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › EarSonics SM3 Appreciation, Discussion, & Review Thread - Technically Best Universal? (see first post for reviews and info)