I was expecting the bass to be a bit more, and overall sound from bass to mids to be a little bit fuller. Maybe im being a bit premature with them, might need time to burn in. Overall they do sound amazing, definately gave me the grin factor when i first put them in.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
EarSonics SM3 Appreciation, Discussion, & Review Thread - Technically Best Universal? (see first... - Page 12post #166 of 28315/8/10 at 1:08pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 28315/8/10 at 1:55pmThread Starter
Quote:Originally Posted by koonhua90
Perhaps I should contemplate about selling my IE8 and get this SM3..... Well @ average_Joe, too bad you don't get a proper fit with the FX. The problem that you said before in earlier posts, such as recessed mid is no longer there, with a deeper insertion. I concur with you, cos' when I used the other tips, I had the same problems as what you had. Instrument separation and clarity is a notch better when I used the small tips (for Ericp10, he preferred the smallest supertips), but the key is, the tips need to be small. I know what you mean by 'unnatural' treble, for me it sounded a tad harsh. But the use of small tips solves that, making the treble smooth, while bringing the mid upfront. The micro details it pours into the ear, is simply incredible (for me at least).
Strangely, KLS said that to him IE8 has better treble detail. But for me, the FX beats the IE8 hands down in the high frequency regions. Guess the ear structure plays a big role in the sound you hear. Hopefully, one day the SM3 will be more easily available in US, with a better price. 400 is too much for me, if it's something like a 350, I'd definitely jump in the bandwagon
I DO get a proper fit with the FX. I did not think the mids were recessed until A/Bing with the SM3. I don't think they are, but in comparison to the SM3, the FX700 sounds like it has a U shaped frequency response (and it does to a lesser extent than the FX500). I did not think this A/Bing with any of my other IEMs. I have tried every tip that fits and would have to have Andre the Giant ears to get a deeper insertion!
Until you hear the SM3, there is no use debating. I firmly believe the SM3 is better than the FX700. Now, they both have different sound signatures, and someone might prefer the FX700 sound signature over the SM3, but the FX700 does not give a more realistic, accurate reproduction of music than the SM3.
I am glad you have find your FX700 to be excellent.
To me it sounds like you either don't have a good seal, or are a real bass head :) And I would go with the seal! The triple flange tips over the olive cores had better bass than the stock tips for me. But just so you know, over time, the SM3 has become less warm and the sound signature has changed, and to me it is for the better.
Sorry, let me clarify...in general, Comply tips can make treble harsh/reduce detail :). With the SM3 I honestly did not use them long enough to make any specific assessment, but the SM3 treble has never been harsh to my ears, as to yours!
Edited by average_joe - 5/8/10 at 7:00pmpost #168 of 28315/8/10 at 2:46pmQuote:
Make sure you give em 200 hours of a chance. I've read people give up on Monster Coppers after 15 min w/ poor insertion technique and no burn-in. Don't ever judge a phone too quickly IMO.post #169 of 28315/8/10 at 3:36pmpost #170 of 28315/8/10 at 3:45pmpost #171 of 28315/8/10 at 3:52pmpost #172 of 28315/8/10 at 3:57pm
For those who bought SM3 directly from EarSonics, where do you live and how long did the shipping take for you? For 30 Euros it better be fast.
Edited by Pianist - 5/8/10 at 8:58pmpost #173 of 28315/8/10 at 4:13pm
@ Joe, I meant getting proper fit with the FX on the smallest tips, and none other. It will be less of a U shape, assuming if you can get a seal with FX, using the smallest tip. From my listening, I can say that it's definitely not neutral, but I like it a lot over my IE8.
Well, perhaps until I heard the SM3, then I can really make a verdict then...time to find a good place to sell IE8 and Etymotic. Does anyone know when is the x-Jays coming out?
Edited by koonhua90 - 5/8/10 at 9:25pmpost #174 of 28315/8/10 at 4:13pm
Inbound Out of Customs, May 07, 2010, 10:10 pm
Inbound Into Customs
Inbound International Arrival, May 06, 2010, 3:56 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Foreign International Dispatch, May 05, 2010, 5:31 pm, CHILLY_MAZARIN CENTRE COLIS EXPORT, FRANCE
Foreign Acceptance, May 04, 2010, 2:42 pm, FRANCE
Now I'm getting excited. Maybe Moday?
Time to have an iem sale!post #175 of 28315/8/10 at 4:19pmpost #176 of 28315/8/10 at 6:33pmpost #177 of 28315/8/10 at 6:37pmpost #178 of 28315/8/10 at 6:41pmpost #179 of 28315/8/10 at 9:13pmQuote:
When you didn't post any impressions straight after you received your SM3 and listen to them, I sense that you are having some problem, or in fact is regretting your purchase
Quote:Originally Posted by snedanator
Well with me being new to headfi and me just owning a nano and shure E2c's for about 7 years, i got into the forums and liked the reading of all the sources, earphones, portable amps, sound signatures blah blah blah. So i bought an Imod P v caps, cables, Ibasso T3D. Then i was looking for a really good earphone but i was not sure what one to get, i just wanted the best that i could afford like everybody else, but you hear people saying they would like more bass rather than just a flat neutral sound, but untill you hear a certain earphone you dont really know how much bass you really need if you know what i mean, so acording to the reading on the forums about the SM3 they sounded if they would be for me. I tried the earsonics just out of the hp out on the imod as i am waiting on my ibasso T3D comming on monday. I dont know if i was expecting too much from earphones with me being used to listening to real hifi speakers with a subwoofer. Maybe im not giving them a chance, they might be better in a couple of weeks after some burning in but not to sure if you get a big improvement. With me being a beginner im not sure if it will be enough, or when i get my Ibasso on monday will it make a big improvement when connected to the P V Caps. I also have various tips on order to see if they would make a difference. Dont get me wrong the sound that you get out of them is amazing, exactly as desribed in the forums from Average Joe. Dont really know what to do really. Help needed.
You are very faithful to your pair of E2C I have to say.
Actually, I don't think that there is a single person to be WOWed by SM3 out of the box (a little bit exagerrated I know). For my case, the disappointment on the first day I put SM3 in my ears last me some 2 to 3 weeks...At that time I thought that even IE8 is far more better than SM3...I was tasting the most regrettable moment in my audio life...(By the way, the regrettable moment ranking number 1 is HiFiMAN, for now)
Like others suggested, give them more time and try different tips with them. Do they need physical burn in, I am not sure, but in my opinion at least your brain need some adjustment to the sound signature of SM3.
60 over days passed since I got my SM3, and now I have decided to get custom sleeves for them. We are different individuals and we don't hear the same thing, we have different sound signature preferences, so please share more of your thoughts even if you found out that SM3 is just not as good as expected.
post #180 of 28315/8/10 at 9:19pm
@search, they are not SM3, but should be similar to SM3 in build and size.
Just for your reference:
@average_joe, thanks for the clarification!
Edited by KLS - 5/9/10 at 2:20amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- EarSonics SM3 Appreciation, Discussion, & Review Thread - Technically Best Universal? (see first post for reviews and info)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Is this wireless headphone any good? 12 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 20 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › Two new HifiMan players announced: HM700 and HM802 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › TDK BA200 - Impressions and Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi