Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread! - Page 46

post #676 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteham View Post

I have had them paired for the past month or so.  I like it, a lot, but I like that amp quite a bit, and I'm rarely disappointed with it. 
 

I just bought the Asgard and Bifrost DAC. I tought the Asgard was a better fit since W1000x are low impedance and Jason from Schiit recommend the Asgard when I e-mailed them. So I was curious to hear what you tought. Glad it works well.

Yip

post #677 of 1851

Just wondering if people who have tested Directsound vs WASAPI did or didn't notice any difference when playing music in their favourite media/music player using these headphones in particular?


Edited by namaiki - 11/5/12 at 6:37am
post #678 of 1851

w1000x are quite revealing, and i myself have heard difference in these modes in foobar and jriver.

post #679 of 1851

I just bought these love them, but i want better mids and vocals so what is the best amp for these?  The highs hurt a bit.

post #680 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Guevara View Post

I just bought these love them, but i want better mids and vocals so what is the best amp for these?  The highs hurt a bit.

What dac/amp are you using at the moment? I found these a little fatiguing at the start but they (or I) soon broke in and are now my go to cans for long listening sessions. In fact, I complained about them a page back being not sparkly enough but they seem to have come back to how I like them.

 

Are you finding them less or more harsh than your D5000s? I feel that my D2000s have less mids and are also harsher than my W1000X.


Edited by namaiki - 11/6/12 at 5:12am
post #681 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post

What dac/amp are you using at the moment? I found these a little fatiguing at the start but they (or I) soon broke in and are now my go to cans for long listening sessions. In fact, I complained about them a page back being not sparkly enough but they seem to have come back to how I like them.

I have nothing to drive these at the moment.  Yes they are fatiguing with sound that are higher frequencies like Violins and Cymbals.  I just got them so they will adjust, but what is best to match these with?

post #682 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post

What dac/amp are you using at the moment? I found these a little fatiguing at the start but they (or I) soon broke in and are now my go to cans for long listening sessions. In fact, I complained about them a page back being not sparkly enough but they seem to have come back to how I like them.

 

Are you finding them less or more harsh than your D5000s? I feel that my D2000s have less mids and are also harsher than my W1000X.

I only had the D5000's for a brief period of time, so I my opinion will not be valid.

post #683 of 1851

What's your budget for the DAC/amp? Are you looking for both a DAC and an amp? Together or separate?

 

Personally, I only have my DACport. It has a nice full sound, but sometimes can feel a bit congested (this might be due to the ATH-W1000X, but not sure). 

 

I'm surprised that you didn't seem to like the D5000 overall though.

post #684 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post

What's your budget for the DAC/amp? Are you looking for both a DAC and an amp? Together or separate?

 

Personally, I only have my DACport. It has a nice full sound, but sometimes can feel a bit congested (this might be due to the ATH-W1000X, but not sure). 

 

I'm surprised that you didn't seem to like the D5000 overall though.

I did like the D5000, but I returned it because I found a deal with the ATH-W1000x which was cheaper than the D5000.  I have no budget limit but, I want the AMP/DAC or AMP to help the Mids and Vocals.

post #685 of 1851

Yamamoto will help you to improve midrange

 

Or if you prefer solid state, I found Burson is also a good match to give what you need.

post #686 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMiddleSky View Post

Yamamoto will help you to improve midrange

 

Or if you prefer solid state, I found Burson is also a good match to give what you need.

How about the Woo Audio Wa6?

post #687 of 1851

Never tried to pair with them. But I've tried with the WA6SE, and I think they're not-so-good pairing, as they sound too bright for me.

post #688 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMiddleSky View Post

Never tried to pair with them. But I've tried with the WA6SE, and I think they're not-so-good pairing, as they sound too bright for me.

Which is more ideal Burson or Yamamoto?

post #689 of 1851

Burson will give you more impact, thicker sound with more laidback treble, faster pace, more forward midrange and narrower soundstage but with better depth and tall.

 

Yamamoto is far more mellower, more laidback, less bass punch, cleaner treble, slower pace, but sometimes in bad recording sibilant is a little bit more pronounce than Burson. (Though Yamamoto is still categorize as a smooth sounding amp)

 

I would say, it's totally up to your taste. If you really concern on vocality, Yamamoto is the better choice.

post #690 of 1851

I like vocals that are forward especially when it feels as if someone is beside your ear whispering (though that sounds creepy), but if the Yamato offers this than this it is the clear winner for me.


Edited by Edgar Guevara - 11/7/12 at 1:05pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread!