Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread! - Page 42

post #616 of 1850

Any YouTube videos or similar that I could check out/test with? Personally, I don't game at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzycuyler View Post

How are these with gaming. Here is what I am looking for:

 

post #617 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post

Any YouTube videos or similar that I could check out/test with? Personally, I don't game at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcYJfA4djwk&list=UUZrkzkYuzGCdrqbb5UGmWDA&index=8&feature=plcp

 

Try this video I uploaded fps games imo benefit the most from good sound and bad company 2 has some great sound in game make sure to watch in 1080p so its the least compressed.


Edited by DJHeadshot - 7/10/12 at 9:24am
post #618 of 1850

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDulNJOqD_c

It only goes up to 720p. I've really no clue if the experience be grasped through youtube at all. I would also be using surround sound headphone technologies, so I wouldn't expect you to hear the directional queues very strong at all.

post #619 of 1850
I'll check when I get back home. However, note that I've only got an Audinst HUD-MX1 at the moment for DAC/amp.

edit: I tried both videos and I'm not really feeling it. I can hear things left and right and the semi circle between left and right behind my head, but things in front come in through both ears more like as if inside my head.

Also, in the second video where you can hear people talking in the next room behind you. It sounds like they are right behind you, not quite so far as being in the next rooom where they are supposed to be.

Also, the wind in the Fallout 3 video doesn't really sound enveloping or realistic.
Edited by namaiki - 7/11/12 at 6:23am
post #620 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post

I'll check when I get back home. However, note that I've only got an Audinst HUD-MX1 at the moment for DAC/amp.
edit: I tried both videos and I'm not really feeling it. I can hear things left and right and the semi circle between left and right behind my head, but things in front come in through both ears more like as if inside my head.
Also, in the second video where you can hear people talking in the next room behind you. It sounds like they are right behind you, not quite so far as being in the next rooom where they are supposed to be.
Also, the wind in the Fallout 3 video doesn't really sound enveloping or realistic.

 

I didn't expect it to be a good example. Too many variables. The content on youtube is lacking. The directional queues will be difficult without a surround sound headphone technology. I appreciate it, though

post #621 of 1850

Very beautiful headphones...

post #622 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeyuu View Post

Very beautiful headphones...

 

Now you should go buy a pair. Don't worry about the cost very_evil_smiley.gif

post #623 of 1850

http://www.headfonia.com/wooden-kings-w1000x-w3000anv-and-w5000/ This is a very good comparison between 3 top wooden from Audio Technica

post #624 of 1850

Yeah, saw that. Stunning pictures. Who knew wood could look that amazing?

 

Bummed he got the W1000X's color off though. That would have made a killer wallpaper.

post #625 of 1850

I have the 1000x and I am getting the 3000 this Thursday (2 units left in Australia that are actually in stock). I use my 1000x for portable use lol XD so I am getting another 1000x just for shows because the wood got scratches and stuffs :P.  

post #626 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meoow View Post

I use my 1000x for portable use lol XD

 

You are a brave one indeed.

post #627 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

 

You are a brave one indeed.

Because it looks very nice portable, compact enough and very comfy + it sounds sooo good with my RSA Mustang.

I just got the W3000ANV (unit 1298th), this thing is such a beauty both in looks and sounds T.T

post #628 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meoow View Post

Because it looks very nice portable, compact enough and very comfy + it sounds sooo good with my RSA Mustang.

I just got the W3000ANV (unit 1298th), this thing is such a beauty both in looks and sounds T.T

can't wait to see your comparison between ANV and Grandioso :)

post #629 of 1850

After about a year since the last time I had this art headphone, now I'm back to join the club redface.gif

post #630 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMiddleSky View Post

can't wait to see your comparison between ANV and Grandioso :)

Sorry i can't really explain in good details (my audiophile libary/vocabulary is very limited =.=) but it sounded exactly how Headfonia stated. To simply put, ANV gives a better treble and bass imaging, bigger and dynamic 3D soundstage, lust midrange and vocal. The ANV is so good that it got its own sound signature when compared to the 1000x IMO.

 

Also the ANV benefits more with a good amp than the 1000x. I thought the RSA Mustang has a perfect synergy with my HD650, but the ANV does it even better. It's like both of them were made for one another as a portable amp IMO. The pairs make Jazz and Bossa Nova sounds INCREDIBLE. Well...the only thing is that the ANV isn't allowed outdoor like my 1000x so the 1000x still beats everything else I have as a "crazy-idea" portable headphone :) (2nd pair of 1000x is coming later as "display" in my collection).

 

Next week, I am getting Schiit Bifrost/Asgard combo...can't wait...then the W5000 will be mine soon too...and more (check my profile).

 

I would advise you to immediately obtain one before it's too late XD.


Edited by Meoow - 7/22/12 at 8:16am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread!