That pads indeed looks awesome on W1000X
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Numbering Disease: Where Skullcandy and Monster Win Last post on 3/26/13 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 and my other headphone experiences. [Mini-Review] Last post on 2/10/11 at 10:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Hi-Fi/AV use Last post on 10/4/12 at 5:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 9/14/12 at 12:41am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Straight out of Japan, not available in North America, why do the Japanese get all the good toys? I have had these for just over 2 months now and these are my go to portable...
The full review can be seen http://www.head-fi.org/t/634760/resonessence-labs-concero-discussion-review-thead/630#post_9465130
Reposting my original review from Amazon.com - these headphones are just too good to be left in the dustbin of history - for instance, I just bought a pair of Monoprice MEP-933, listed everywhere...
Somehow, the Ballad of Jed Clampett comes to mind, as I start to write this. You know, the Beverly Hillbillies. He was living his life, struck gold, and everything changed. That's kind of what...
Hi, Head-fiers. This is my first post as a newbie in the forum. I will give a short introduction of myself. I am 18 years old currently studying in high-school. I love headphones because...
ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread! - Page 38post #556 of 9899/3/11 at 1:32am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #557 of 9899/7/11 at 2:48pm
Just as a minor update:
The pads have compressed a little and the midrange is indeed more apparent with this development.
These headphones feel much lighter on my head than they did previously, which is a really nice bonus.post #558 of 98910/20/11 at 6:13pm
Wow this thread has really grown since I last read it. I've been unhappy recently with my W1000X's, actually. Not about the sound, but because I can't seem to find optimal use for it; the dorms I live in have become pretty drafty over the winter, so I've covered the windows with old t-shirts, but I can't help but get worried about keeping the W's on their stand when I turn on the heater because I've heard wood can crack in excessive dryness. Can anyone give any advice on W1000X care/maintenance? I've got them stored like this (http://imgur.com/a/8XPhc) right now, but it takes up a lot of space and just isn't as convenient as having them hanging on the stand ready to use.post #559 of 98910/21/11 at 10:13ampost #560 of 98910/21/11 at 1:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nanago
Wow this thread has really grown since I last read it. I've been unhappy recently with my W1000X's, actually. Not about the sound, but because I can't seem to find optimal use for it; the dorms I live in have become pretty drafty over the winter, so I've covered the windows with old t-shirts, but I can't help but get worried about keeping the W's on their stand when I turn on the heater because I've heard wood can crack in excessive dryness. Can anyone give any advice on W1000X care/maintenance? I've got them stored like this (http://imgur.com/a/8XPhc) right now, but it takes up a lot of space and just isn't as convenient as having them hanging on the stand ready to use.
I also own a pair of W1000X and must admit I have not been particularly worried about the wood cracking from heat / dryness.
The wood is treated, not raw and thus more resistant.
If you are really worried you could consider buying a portable air humidifier, which would allow you run the heater as much as you want.post #561 of 98910/23/11 at 4:48pm
Just got a pair of band new w1000x for $370 damn cheap and very happy with these right now . I love audio techinica's sound signature, great with female voice, like they are whispering in my ears.post #562 of 98910/23/11 at 5:01pmpost #563 of 98910/23/11 at 5:48pmpost #564 of 98910/24/11 at 9:02ampost #565 of 98911/1/11 at 1:36pmpost #566 of 98911/1/11 at 2:12pmQuote:
You missed a day or two where it actually went down to $408 from that particular Amazon seller, then the stock was gone.post #567 of 98911/7/11 at 6:33pm
I wouldn't worry about them cracking, provided they're somewhere indoors. I've known lots of people who have had ATH woodies for years and years without any sort of cracking... AT's wood is entirely top notch and won't crack or warp any more than a fine piece of furniture.post #568 of 98911/8/11 at 9:17pmpost #569 of 98912/5/11 at 11:10pm
- ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › V4.5 Magnums (Must-see super-rare cups!) 5 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Just bought Beats Pro with the sole intention trying and then... 3 minutes ago
- › Who has an end game setup? 3 minutes ago
- › HRT Microstreamer usb dac w/ headphone stage and line out 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 5 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 5 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 8 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 thread 9 minutes ago
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by TrollDragon
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe