Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread! - Page 36

post #526 of 1847

@ cky8

 

I'll try them with the Shostakovich Violin Concerto (Leila Josefowicz) and compare...L3000.gif

post #527 of 1847
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestLander View Post


I'm using my Audinst HUD-MX1 to power them at the moment, but my M-Stage should be arriving soon to boost these phones into another dimension (I hope) L3000.gif



Interested to hear how they pair up with the M Stage. I just ordered a Schiit Asgard for my W1000x, but they're back-ordered so won't arrive for a few weeks.

post #528 of 1847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureiba View Post


Interested to hear how they pair up with the M Stage. I just ordered a Schiit Asgard for my W1000x, but they're back-ordered so won't arrive for a few weeks.


Well my M-Stage arrived about 4 hours ago, so it's early days yet, but it is a marked improvement over the Audinst

 

post #529 of 1847
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestLander View Post




Well my M-Stage arrived about 4 hours ago, so it's early days yet, but it is a marked improvement over the Audinst

 


now sell me your Audinst! ph34r.gif

 

post #530 of 1847

Hey guys, my Audinst HUD-mx1 arrived earlier this week and they pair pretty nicely with my W1000X. Obviously they aren't difficult to drive but I think the dac portion makes a pretty noticeable difference in the soundstaging and just makes the music overall a bit more vivid. I wouldn't say it's night and day, but for $150 I can't complain.

post #531 of 1847

Well folks, I've ordered a pair of L3000 pads for my W1000X. I'm pretty interested to see how this will all work out. 

post #532 of 1847

Can you do a review on if/how they change comfort and sound when you get them? Been trying to weigh up whether the L3000 pads are worth it for a while myself.

post #533 of 1847

and where did you order them, by the way?

post #534 of 1847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuttio View Post

Well folks, I've ordered a pair of L3000 pads for my W1000X. I'm pretty interested to see how this will all work out. 



still wait for your impresion about changing pad, my grandioso is already sold though.

post #535 of 1847

My W1000X arrived yesterday. I'm not going to jump to any conclusions with only a couple of hours on them but initial impressions are very positive, I think they may very well turn out to be my favourite AT woodie but still unsure if they'll unseat the AD2000.

post #536 of 1847
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuatara View Post

My W1000X arrived yesterday. I'm not going to jump to any conclusions with only a couple of hours on them but initial impressions are very positive, I think they may very well turn out to be my favourite AT woodie but still unsure if they'll unseat the AD2000.



hey tuatara, how about compare it to W5000?

post #537 of 1847

AD2000 FTW! smily_headphones1.gif

post #538 of 1847

AD2000 is indeed Audio Technica's best headphone IMHO. It has a really special sound. 

post #539 of 1847
AD2000, AD1000PRM, A2000X might well be the best ATs I have heard and owned. I had a W5000 with HA5000, but still not a fan of it had quite a bit of trouble with the fit too.

****, I still miss my A2000X... D;
Edited by Ra97oR - 8/27/11 at 4:03am
post #540 of 1847

Just got a shipment notice; my pads are winging their way from Japan now!

 

I ordered from AudioCubes II. They appear on their site but they apparently only special order them for you from AT. None in stock, takes about a week for them to get them and then ship them.

 

Hoping I'll get to pop them on later this week! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread!